FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Old stuka makeover

<<

NineToes

Post Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:03 am

Old stuka makeover

An Italeri 1:72 D-5 Stuka i made years ago, when i only started to get used to the hobby...hence, it looked absolutely horrible. Now i've dug it up ant tried to fix some of the roughest mistakes i did back then. Unfortunately, there was not much left to save (antenna mast broken, cockpit windows partially glued over), but i did my best, and would like to hear whether it was worth the effort? At least now it's out of the "look what this sadist did to the poor kit" phase and more in the realm of "bad. Very bad."
:lol:

Before:

After:

<<

MudMarine

Post Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:49 am

Looks like a fine model to me. I always preferred the larger 1:48 models when I built because of all the extra detail they gave. If your still building have you considered learning to use an air brush? It takes paint to a whole new level. The bomb load looks like a max load for a D model. I would want to have a long runway and for my gunner to eat a light lunch!!.

You should check out the models that Cirx builds over at sas1946.com He actually builds for profit and his stuff is museum grade.

Mud
<<

NineToes

Post Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:24 pm

Oh yes, i vastly prefer 1:48 or even 1:32 stuff over smaller scales, too, but at that time my skill was insufficient to build those...
And unfortunately, this one is to small for airbrushing, the decals were already positioned and using that technique would make the colour transition in the vicinity of the decals look too sharp as i'd have to mask them :(
Although, i'm airbrushing an 1:32 He-162 at the moment :D
<<

norm

Post Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:34 pm

MudMarine wrote:my gunner to eat a light lunch!!.

of course you can eat all you want. :roll: :wink:

Return to Scale Model Forum