<<

Deutschmark

Site Administrator

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Huey UH-1C "Heavy Hawg"

Huey UH-1C "Heavy Hawg" Project
by Free Modding

this is the Free Modding Huey UH-1C so-called 'Heavy Hawg' project:

called the 'Heavy Hawg' by many of the people that used this chopper in 'real' combat (Vietnam) consider this an early C model which was really only an uprated (engine-wise B) for practical purposes, designed to give MORE firepower (with higher weapon weights) for the older gunship versions of the B.

This project does not pretend (or even attempt) to be one hundred percent accurate in every respect. ---this is a game, after all. but if that is what you require, then please do NOT download or use this chopper!

This has the 40mm M5 gun-ball or turret...it is (as of now) strictly AI operated. It's not very accurate but then it shouldn't be due to the movement of the chopper thru the air and the time it takes to aim and fire...but, under the right circumstances it will DESTROY truck columns easily if you learn to handle it right for the gunner. firing starts at about 350m so you've got to get in low and slow for him to get his shots in.

the pilot (you) have 48 kick-ass Rockets at your disposal...that's a ton of firepower, it's also a ton of extra weight so don't expect this bird to be as nimble as the B model was UNTIL you've used up some of those munitions. to gain altitude it's going to take full power usually, again until you've expended some firepower to lighten the load. watch yourself at low altitudes also until you've fired off some of it.

this bird is a work in progress and i hope to have an 'improved' version out soon with other nice features...including an AI BUDDY which should be out in a couple of days.

download and unzip, drop the 'main' folder into your Mods folder, skins into paintskin folder. the current build is set for 4.10 games but if you fly 4.09 you can switch it with the included 4.09 class file in the 4.09 folder.

Download Link:
http://freeil2modding.free-forum.net/vp ... tml#p20403

Put in your STD folders air.ini file:

UH-1C_Heavy_Hawg air.UH1_C 1

NOINFO usa01 SUMMER

Credits: CY6 for his tons of coding work, especially on the java flight code, the AI 40mm (M5) weapon system and other work. Flak for his original H19 chopper, with Sani's help. Deutschmark @ AAS for the Chopper 3D and the weapons 3D. Tiger for his chopper sounds and both Tiger and Texx for the new skins. Ton for his shadow and other work... As well as ALL of the other Free Modding modders and Staff that pitched in and helped with this or that. 'I' did EVERYTHING else and take full responsibility for any mistakes you might find... so BLAME ME for that if you find them. I can take the heat, you bet. and no 'INVESTIGATION' by other sites are needed to put blame on anyone else.

now, go fly some Huey "Heavy Hawg!" 8)

S!

Beo

PS, i 'urge' those of you that download this chopper and enjoy it's fun to always ENCOURAGE the modders of this...and any other site that works long, hard hours and solves countless problems to put such files up for download and for your personal gaming enjoyment. you can do this so 'easily' by typing a few simple lines... a very small price to pay for 'continued' goodwill and encouragement to do EVEN more for you on down the road. think about that... i don't ask this for myself, (i'm beyond such things as you tend to get after you pass your two hundreth mod release, lol) but for ALL modders. grabbing without a simple thank you is the most 'ill-mannered' thing you can do for any modder and does 'not' encourage MORE.

again, think on that please. :)
<<

Fireskull

Location: Milky Way Galaxy, Sun System, Earth, USA...Somewhere roaming in the mid-west of America! LOL!

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:37 pm

Re: Huey UH-1C "Heavy Hawg"

:shock:

Woooww!

You guys sure work hard! :D

Great features! Looks great! ::))

Clinton
<<

Beowolff

FM Moderator

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:28 am

we stay busy that's for sure. :D

<<

LeBigTed

Site Administrator

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:47 am

Wow !!!

This is unbelievable !!! Thanks Mates for the hard work you do !!!!! This is a kick-ass-bird which looks pretty... delicious !!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

We finally have 1st Cav into IL2 !!!! Death from Above !!!! 8)

I can't wait to see the final version. Keep up on the hard/good stuff, and congratulations for that Baby ;o)

Ted :D :D :D
<<

Deutschmark

Site Administrator

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:59 am

Deutschmark ::))
<<

Beowolff

FM Moderator

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:18 pm

check out the Heavy Hawg in Action! 8)

http://freeil2modding.free-forum.net/hu ... t2064.html
<<

Fireskull

Location: Milky Way Galaxy, Sun System, Earth, USA...Somewhere roaming in the mid-west of America! LOL!

Post Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:50 am

It liked that video! :D

Clinton
<<

Deutschmark

Site Administrator

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:05 am

Cool video! :D

Deutschmark

Return to Free IL2 Modding Forum