FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Skyhawk! For IL2

Moderator: Forum Moderators

<<

Texx

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:02 pm

Skyhawk! For IL2

Dear all,

The Freemodding team is happy to present you the famous A-4 Skyhawk!!

This mod comes with the four versions: A-4B, A-4E, A-4F and A-4F modified (IDF - Israel).

It was born during the process of making the AMX as a natural development. However in this case there are many parts reworked from scracth to match the desired shape. As you might guess by now it is also based on the L-39 mod, partially due to my current limited modding skills and partially because it started as an unpretentious experiment. Although this is a modest 3D model we thought you might like to have it as a stand in until a better model arrives.

This mod could not have been done without the skillfull work of CWatson, the awesome texture job of OC-Tiger, some precious help from ton414, Beowolff and the freeil2modding administration team!!

extra credits: Pink_Tigger - (original 3D), F22-Raptor-2006 - (original Java coding), includes 3D work by GJE-52

OC-Tiger also presented us with a fantastic movie showing the Argentinian Skyhawks during the Falklands/Malvinas War

This plane is a franken, so it has some areas a bit difficult to skin but not impossible to the passionate skinner. Tiger did a wonderful job despite it.You might find among the Skyhawk folder some folder with the non skinnable parts already painted to match the color of the plane. This is the case for the Argentinian, Brazil and US Navy skins. For this I am very grateful to OC-Tiger. Just overwrite the files in the airplane folder. There is also a general gray markings folder to return to the original configuration. Just overwrite it back. These folders are mainly aimed to make the canopy frame match the fuselage color.

The plane has full airbrakes, a proper flight model, it´s armed to the teeth and is able to run in DBW 1.71 and non-DBW (4.09, 4.10 clean and UP3). For this wonderful work I am grateful to CWatson!

I will upload a skin pack with some of the skins depicted above and some others in Mission4today soon. Please check there for a greater variety of skins.

Download it here: http://freeil2modding.free-forum.net/skyhawk-vt2391.html

Have fun!

;)
<<

Deutschmark

Site Administrator

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:25 pm

Re: Skyhawk! For IL2

OOOOO YES!!! :OO :OO :OO
Well there it is the scooter in IL2 :shock:
Thank you Texx, CW, Tiger and all involved. :D

Deutschmark
<<

Jambo

Site Administrator

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:04 pm

Bloody hell! That is wicked! Like Ron would say.. :shock: 8) ::))

A marvelous plane! Thank you very much for sharing!

Jambo :D
<<

Beowolff

FM Moderator

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:29 pm

nice! :D
<<

OC-Tiger

Skin Mod Member

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:56 am

:) Check out the promo vid here ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtKbbdzFmP8
<<

Jambo

Site Administrator

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:37 am

Very nice video OC-Tiger! 8)

Like the way you're telling the story!

I do remember this quite well.
We were all shocked.
A war?
Between Great Britain and Argentina? - What...?

Thank you for sharing!

Jambo :wink:
<<

Fireskull

Location: Milky Way Galaxy, Sun System, Earth, USA...Somewhere roaming in the mid-west of America! LOL!

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:30 am

Wow! That's fabulous! It makes me want to blow up a lot of things! :twisted:

It is a real work of art! :D

Thanks FIM Team,
Clinton
<<

Oscarito

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi!

What buttons should I use (v4.09+UP)?
I'm getting 60% CTD.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I am using SAS buttons... :roll:
<<

Deutschmark

Site Administrator

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:27 pm

Oscarito, hang in there, Tiger the one that made the video above is a 4.09 +UP user so he should be able to help you once he comes in here and sees this.

Deutschmark
<<

OC-Tiger

Skin Mod Member

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:20 am

Hi Oscarito,

Yes DM's right, I'm still a 4.09/UP-2.01 user too ... so some things for you to check would be...

1 - Do you have a Diff-fm file in your mods folder? ... this helps to circumvent the need to constantly update a buttons file whenever a new aircraft get's released with it's own fm.

2 - This is an obvious one I know but check that you've got the correct Skyhawk for your game version - the 4.09 version.

3 - If the answer to the first two questions is yes ... then what I think is happening is that you haven't swapped the fm's over that come with the aircraft ... here's what you need to do...

A - Once you've unzipped the Skyhawk zipfile you'll see 3 Skyhawk folders.

B - Open one of them & you'll notice a folder titled "-4.09fm" .... open this folder & copy the fm file you'll see in there.

C - Go back one click to the Skyhawk folder & paste that fm file into the Skyhawk folder & click yes to the overwrite.

D - Now repeat that same procedure to the other 2 Skyhawk folders.

E - The 3 folders also have 4.10 fm's with them .... but I think by default they have been released with the 4.10 fm in place anyway ... you just need to replace that with the 4.09 one

I have a feeling that might be your problem ... if not let me know (or if it worked too) ... never fear we'll get you up & running :)

Good luck
<<

Oscarito

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:27 am

That's it!

I thought default FM's was those for v4.09 since I've downloaded the related file. Forgot about v4.10 because I don't use it but just v4.12.1m besides the old and trusty "zero-nine"...

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit
Sorry because I did not post at FM.
Guessed problem was buttons related and since I use SAS stuff I did not feel free.
Sure you know what I'm talking about... :oops:
<<

Beowolff

FM Moderator

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:10 pm

WE certainly have no problem with you posting with us, buddy... you're welcome over there any time.

if 'they' have a problem then it's a sad day indeed. but I wouldn't worry too much, several SAS regulars post over there with us on a regular basis and far as I know there's no public issues.

but it's your choice.

DM and his crew here are like brothers to us and we don't mind helping you with problems here if you're more comfortable doing it that way.

enjoy the mod. and keep flying.

S! :D

Beo
<<

Oscarito

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:01 pm

Thank you for understanding...
I was pretty sure that I had unsuited buttons, then I thought that if I go there they will ask:
_"Where did you get this?"
_"Well, I..."
_"Get out!! And ask them for help." :twisted:
But of course I was wrong. :D
Maybe I'm worrying too much. But it is comprehensible, given some posts I've been reading...
Sorry! :oops:
<<

OC-Tiger

Skin Mod Member

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:49 pm

Good to know it's working for you :)

Yes we understand you're angst about the buttons thing & it's origins & should I ask / not ask - where is it safe to do so without getting a truckload of abuse for the effort ... etc etc.

As Beo say's don't worry about that at the FM site ... if we don't have an answer & it's only to be found at the SAS we'll happily point you in their direction ... after all, it's about solving players problems ... not adding to them :)
Last edited by OC-Tiger on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Beowolff

FM Moderator

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:29 am

amen to that.... 8)

Return to Free IL2 Modding Forum