FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Announce IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover!!!

<<

Dietz

User avatar

Posts: 1181

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:11 pm

Location: Seattle

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:02 pm

Re: Announce IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover!!!

I think ( but due to Ubisoft marketing confusion or mine...) that this might be digital download only not regular or collector box editions( today I 'm getting a Server Error trying to get to this site.)Collector box edition might be only available in the UK...I really don't understand Ubisft going this route ( if true...) the maket in the US would be big for the Collector edition too I would think...I know I'm ready to buy it!
Then again the release is till two monthes away ( I have to keep remeinding myself of this...) and a lot can happen in that time.
In the meantime has anyone actually seen the required specs for CoD? :roll:
<<

Bearkiller72

User avatar

Skin Mod Member

Posts: 380

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:15 pm

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:29 pm

Re: Announce IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover!!!

As to answer your last question: no. No specs so far, no nothing, but since this seems to have become common practice not to
release tech specs during pre-ordering phase, that doesn't really bug me.

What bugs me more is this strange approach to a long awaited release itself:
1- why change the name on the finishing lane? Why confuse so many potential buyers, who have been waiting and drooling for so long
( that's us - the community, countless IL-2 forums, AAS, SAS, UP, et al )? We're not just some bystanders, we are the backbone!
We don't get word from the console players or the potential newbie-PC-customers- we ARE the word!

2- why the "scattered" release? Why not a real "offensive", like a "Black Ops" - official release sync'ed to a specific date?
Has UBI ran out of ideas? Or finance?

3- why is UBI the only place to obtain the game? Why not the megasellers like ÄmÄzon? What's on, UBI, did you ran out of DVD stocks?

4- no real final posters, new final trailers, only cheap gritty box-pics, a trailer we've been shown months ago as "WIP-news".

Did UBI sack the entire marketing staff? What is this? The Aston we've been waiting for and had a Clio delivered?

Well, anyways... I hope it'll all turns out well...
<<

RadPig94

User avatar

Skin Mod Member

Posts: 1222

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:50 pm

Location: Ustio Air Defense

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:45 pm

Re: Announce IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover!!!

i think they don't release spec requirements because it could change very quickly like pre-release tweaks or something, such as the cloud mod on these forums that would boost your FPS from a little to quite a bit, and they look the same as before
<<

David603

Skin Mod Member

Posts: 169

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:11 pm

Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:08 pm

Re: Announce IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover!!!

aj906 wrote:I'm noturally inclined to pessimism, however I would just like to say (and mock me all you want....) having viewed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO35o8IRDz0&feature=player_embedded three things that stick out:

1) Too few flyable aircraft
2) Bf 109E-3 as the German aircraft of choice (which is wrong beyond July) v. apparent Spit Mk II (which is fine, just imbalanced)
3) flame effects and damage transition worse than the vanilla Il2


1)The list of flyable aircraft is as follows,

Blenhiem MkIV
Hurricane (3 versions of MkI)
Spitfire (MkI early/MkIa/MkIb/MkII)
Tiger Moth
Bf109E-3 (possibly E-1 also)
Bf110
Ju-87
Ju-88
He-111
G.50
Br.20 M
Cierva C.30 (Autogyro)
Su-26 (Oleg was lead designer on this aircraft :wink: )

Non-flyables,
Anson
Beaufighter
Defiant
Gladiator
Sunderland
Walrus
Wellington
Bf108
Do-17
Do-215
He-59
He-115
Cr.42

It isn't a huge list but is adequate for the BoB theatre, and bear in mind aircraft in Il2:CoD are an order of magnitude more complex than in Il2:1946.

2) There are 4 variants of Spitfires covering all stages of the battle, so it is up too the mission creator to match them with the appropriate opponent.
3)All the gameplay in the trailer is from the old Igromir Expo trailer, and is a) out of date effects wise (there are a number of obvious glitches, long fixed now, concerning the flames), and b) running at reduced graphics settings. Don't ask me to explain the thought process for using this footage in the announcement trailer, that's just the way it is.
aj906 wrote:These are but three issues I have with having had to wait so long for this. Then there is the whole DRM possibility/[probability], actual release dates for anywhere but Europe (hello, Australia!!! - oh and, when I pre-order I'm gunna need to know IF MY RIG CAN RUN IT!!!) to say nothing of the lead time and generalities of updates that have been going on for the last "two weeks".

DRM is one time activation. Release date is Global, at least for the digital only version. Actually seeing it on shop shelves may take longer. The computers at Igromir that were running SoW were dual cores @ 2.2Ghz with 2GB RAM and 768mb Graphics cards. They were running on max graphics settings but there was stuttering over land, explained as the RAM being insufficient, forcing the game to load land textures straight off the hard drive, hence the stuttering. You can probably take this as an example of a computer that can run it at med-high graphics, or high if you have another 1-2GB RAM.
<<

Planemad

User avatar

Moderator

Posts: 2768

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:48 am

Location: Somewhere on fire going down

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:52 am

Re: Announce IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover!!!

The list looks good, but I wish that ALL they plane were flyable, well hopefully with MODs the will be :wink:

As for the Su-26 :shock:

Planemad
<<

RadPig94

User avatar

Skin Mod Member

Posts: 1222

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:50 pm

Location: Ustio Air Defense

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:55 am

Re: Announce IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover!!!

autogyro eh? that will very interesting
<<

Fireskull

User avatar

Posts: 4183

Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:11 pm

Location: Milky Way Galaxy, Sun System, Earth, USA...Somewhere roaming in the mid-west of America! LOL!

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Announce IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover!!!

madcat wrote:Posted today (18/01/2011) on C1 Forums
Nike-it wrote:Announce IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

World famous IL-2 Sturmovik series of flight simulators roars over Britain. 1C Company and Ubisoft announced that IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (for PC) will take off in March 2011.
IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover is the latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover takes place in 1940 during the pivotal aerial battle for the skies over Britain between the British, the German and the Italian air forces.
Key Features:

* New aircraft: incredibly detailed true-to-life modeling of aircraft systems based on thousands of hours of dedicated research. Every single aircraft component can be damaged for realistic and immensely satisfying results.
1. Flyable aircraft – Over a dozen famous and highly detailed English, German and Italian aircraft available, with all crew positions open to players. All flyable aircraft have been painstakingly researched, resulting in incredibly accurate cockpit interiors (including Spitfire, Hurricane, Messerschmitt and the Stuka).
2. Non-flyable aircraft – 13 AI controlled additional aircraft are also available to allow an even more accurate and immersive experience thanks to a varied aircraft.
* Immersive game modes:
1. Exciting Single-Player Campaign – The campaign thrusts the player into the middle of the battle. The player will join the British Air Force to fight the German forces and renegade pilots on his own side, or join the German Luftwaffe and take part in meticulously recreated historical battles.
2. Massive multiplayer – Customizable modes range from simple deathmatch-style free-for-alls to epic, ongoing 128 player battles that can last hours, days, weeks, or even longer.
3. Interactive training – Comprehensive interactive training for new players – fly a real WWII trainer plane with a computer controlled instructor through a series of training missions.

* Brand new setting – The battle will take place on a large area spanning London and southern England in the north, to Northern France and Belgium in the south. The huge map will contain thousands of historical cities, towns, roads, airfields, radar stations, ports, and industrial areas – all located exactly where they were in 1940.
* New 3D engine – Latest-gen graphics engine with DX10 and DX11 API support. Huge variety of photorealistic ground vehicles, buildings and other environmental elements recreate minute details of 1940s Europe.
* Customizable difficulty – dozens of realism options allow newcomers to the franchise to reduce the difficulty and focus on the fun while learning the ropes of being a pilot.


1C and Ubisoft also announced that IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover will be available in a special Collector’s Edition, along-side the standalone version.
This Collector’s Edition features the following collection of exclusive pilot material assets in a premium packaging:

* The Windows PC version of IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
* A cloth pilot escape map showing The Battle of Britain strategic locations
* A replica of the Pilot’s Notes on the Spitfire I Aeroplane, provided to RAF pilots during The Battle of Britain and reprinted from the RAF Museum original document
* An in-depth 150-page ring binder pilot instructions

L-2 STURMOVIK™: Cliffs of Dover - Official Trailer

Looks like one of the admin will have to rename this forum from SoW to CoD, oh wait an't there another game know as CoD, bet that's going to course some confusion lol.

Any way at last and look forward to playing :D

( edit; doh forgot link to post http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18201 )



This has nothing to do with the IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 - I suspect - so it is moved to off topic for now. We have IL-2 1946 forums for those topics.

CLIFFS OF DOVER was moved from Storm of War forum. :roll:


Please pay attention madcat.



Fireskull
<<

Ace001

Posts: 36

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:18 am

Location: Holland

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:36 pm

Re: Announce IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover!!!

I'm pretty sure the AAS community will again make a huge variety of mods for Cliffs of Dover as they've done for IL2: 1946!
I can't wait!
<<

Stealth_Eagle

User avatar

Posts: 11

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:20 pm

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Re: Announce IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/1CComp#p/a/u/0/MO35o8IRDz0

Official Trailer for the game and is wild. For example if you look closely at 0:26 you can see someone running across the deck away from the bombs.

:D :D :D :D
<<

{HVY-E}Jinxx

User avatar

Site Administrator

Posts: 1239

Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:26 pm

Location: Ft. Lewis, WA.

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: Announce IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover!!!

Fireskull wrote:
madcat wrote:Posted today (18/01/2011) on C1 Forums
Nike-it wrote:Announce IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

World famous IL-2 Sturmovik series of flight simulators roars over Britain. 1C Company and Ubisoft announced that IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (for PC) will take off in March 2011.
IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover is the latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover takes place in 1940 during the pivotal aerial battle for the skies over Britain between the British, the German and the Italian air forces.
Key Features:

* New aircraft: incredibly detailed true-to-life modeling of aircraft systems based on thousands of hours of dedicated research. Every single aircraft component can be damaged for realistic and immensely satisfying results.
1. Flyable aircraft – Over a dozen famous and highly detailed English, German and Italian aircraft available, with all crew positions open to players. All flyable aircraft have been painstakingly researched, resulting in incredibly accurate cockpit interiors (including Spitfire, Hurricane, Messerschmitt and the Stuka).
2. Non-flyable aircraft – 13 AI controlled additional aircraft are also available to allow an even more accurate and immersive experience thanks to a varied aircraft.
* Immersive game modes:
1. Exciting Single-Player Campaign – The campaign thrusts the player into the middle of the battle. The player will join the British Air Force to fight the German forces and renegade pilots on his own side, or join the German Luftwaffe and take part in meticulously recreated historical battles.
2. Massive multiplayer – Customizable modes range from simple deathmatch-style free-for-alls to epic, ongoing 128 player battles that can last hours, days, weeks, or even longer.
3. Interactive training – Comprehensive interactive training for new players – fly a real WWII trainer plane with a computer controlled instructor through a series of training missions.

* Brand new setting – The battle will take place on a large area spanning London and southern England in the north, to Northern France and Belgium in the south. The huge map will contain thousands of historical cities, towns, roads, airfields, radar stations, ports, and industrial areas – all located exactly where they were in 1940.
* New 3D engine – Latest-gen graphics engine with DX10 and DX11 API support. Huge variety of photorealistic ground vehicles, buildings and other environmental elements recreate minute details of 1940s Europe.
* Customizable difficulty – dozens of realism options allow newcomers to the franchise to reduce the difficulty and focus on the fun while learning the ropes of being a pilot.


1C and Ubisoft also announced that IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover will be available in a special Collector’s Edition, along-side the standalone version.
This Collector’s Edition features the following collection of exclusive pilot material assets in a premium packaging:

* The Windows PC version of IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
* A cloth pilot escape map showing The Battle of Britain strategic locations
* A replica of the Pilot’s Notes on the Spitfire I Aeroplane, provided to RAF pilots during The Battle of Britain and reprinted from the RAF Museum original document
* An in-depth 150-page ring binder pilot instructions

L-2 STURMOVIK™: Cliffs of Dover - Official Trailer

Looks like one of the admin will have to rename this forum from SoW to CoD, oh wait an't there another game know as CoD, bet that's going to course some confusion lol.

Any way at last and look forward to playing :D

( edit; doh forgot link to post http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18201 )



This has nothing to do with the IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 - I suspect - so it is moved to off topic for now. We have IL-2 1946 forums for those topics.

CLIFFS OF DOVER was moved from Storm of War forum. :roll:


Please pay attention madcat.



Fireskull


Fire,

I think you may have mis-read his post. 1C is calling the new game: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover.
Madcat is just posting the links to the tread at 1C and stating that we should probably change the name of the thread, since 1C changed it from Storm of War to Cliffs of Dover.

S!
<<

aj906

Posts: 123

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:57 am

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:40 am

Re: Announce IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover!!!

David603 wrote:
aj906 wrote:I'm noturally inclined to pessimism, however I would just like to say (and mock me all you want....) having viewed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO35o8IRDz0&feature=player_embedded three things that stick out:

1) Too few flyable aircraft
2) Bf 109E-3 as the German aircraft of choice (which is wrong beyond July) v. apparent Spit Mk II (which is fine, just imbalanced)
3) flame effects and damage transition worse than the vanilla Il2


1)The list of flyable aircraft is as follows,

Spitfire (MkI early/MkIa/MkIb/MkII)

2) There are 4 variants of Spitfires covering all stages of the battle, so it is up too the mission creator to match them with the appropriate opponent.


Thanks for the update on performance requirements. But I would like to take issue with something you've said, but not you particularly. My issue with all this is the imbalance. The E-3 was not the predominant German fighter of the Battle (A British terminology and not something the Germans ever considered). Statistical analysis of the loss statistics show the following for losses during the BoB:

Sub-type: Jul-Aug-Sep-Oct
E-1: 44-40-38-36
E-3: 30-8-1-2
E-4: 20-52-61-62

Only in July was the E-3 a real contended in the battle. While I know that losses are not necessarily realistic in terms of Staffeln representation, it does raise a very interesting point. So why Oleg chose the E-3 is beyond me.

Furthermore, the idea that mission builders should balance the period wth the Spitfure Mk says a lot about the mindset of the publishers; it's assumed people want to be the victorious underdog (flying an aircraft that was in the minority!!) while those who prefer the German side of flying (politics, nationality, technology, flying-style or whatever) will accept inferiority in the name of maintaining historical outcome represented in sim form.

I can't deal with the fact that we have the Sunderland in the list of aircraft when these aircraft were never anywhere near the Channel in the period (if ever!) while "new" aircraft such as the Do-17 are left by the wayside. Any fan of Il2 has flown the He-111 and Ju 88 and yet we get the same old same old, just wrapped in better textures for the foreseable future. (In a similar vein, I understand why the He 59 and He 115 are not flyable as yet - there are too few seeflieger enthusiastics out there.)

For me, the whole SoW/CoD issue can be summed up by saying, "never before have so many simmers wanted so much from so few only to be left wanting".
<<

Dogtail2

Posts: 80

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:57 pm

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:12 am

Re: Announce IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover!!!

What !
NO DORNIER 17 !!!

Jeez not again :(
<<

Planemad

User avatar

Moderator

Posts: 2768

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:48 am

Location: Somewhere on fire going down

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:16 am

Re: Announce IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover!!!

Dogtail2 wrote:What !
NO DORNIER 17 !!!

Jeez not again :(


Look down.

Non-Flyable Plane List wrote:...Bf108
Do-17
Do-215...


Its just in the Non-Flyable list :roll: But with MODs I bet it'll be flyable :wink:

Planemad
<<

BullyBoii

User avatar

Posts: 5

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:19 pm

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:50 pm

Re: Announce IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover!!!

ohhhhh!! i have just had a midlife crisis.

that is actually going to be out before i am dead
.....holy *^@%

i thought it was never gonna be made

......................................................................
RAF for the win!!
......................................................................

Remember - Friendly fire...isn't
<<

madcat

Posts: 671

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:15 pm

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:34 pm

Re: Announce IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover!!!

BullyBoii wrote:ohhhhh!! i have just had a midlife crisis.

that is actually going to be out before i am dead
.....holy *^@%

i thought it was never gonna be made

......................................................................
RAF for the win!!
......................................................................

Remember - Friendly fire...isn't
lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
PreviousNext

Return to Cliffs of Dover

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.