All-Aircraft-Simulations
Please help..Malta still not solved..The story so far!! - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: Please help..Malta still not solved..The story so far!! (/showthread.php?tid=53848)

Pages: 1 2 3

Please help..Malta still not solved..The story so far!! - sentinel - 29.04.2008

Dear All,
I still find that I cannot save or play missions on the Malta Map. All the other maps are working fine. Even the Sardenga map that was installed after the Malta map works fine. I can call up and play the 2 Malta ready made missions by opening up a coop mission, but I cannot modify courses or change aircraft and save them. When I try to save missions and fly it does nothing. I have tried to reinstall several times. I have disabled the destruction mod just in case it is interferring somehow.
What I will do is check to see where all the Sardenga files are and put the appropriate Malta files in the same places....it might work then. But I just don't see why only that particular map is affected and no others as far as I know. I am not using the old files.txt system so I cannot take out the static.ini line. Any other suggestions are very welcome.
Best regards,
Sentinel.

- Fisneaky - 29.04.2008

Have you got FMB+

I found the same thing with missions I created in FMB+ when trying to edit on an unmodded version of Il2. the mission will run, but unable to save with FMB vanilla.

"static.ini" ? don't you mean "all.ini" (In MAPMODS folder)

- fly_zo - 29.04.2008

.... do you have present objects from version 4.09b-1m in your static.ini file?
Malta is using Slovakia objects .

Make sure you don't have old destruction mod ( same reason - objects in static.ini) .

BTW, don't you think is time to switch to wrapper ?

regards
Z

- sentinel - 29.04.2008

Dear Fly-zo,
But I have made the switch to the new wrapper version. I also had the Malta map working fine. Then for some reason while a mission was running the computer crashed. When I tried the following day to play the Malta map again it would not save or play any missions. But I could play the premade coop missions if I clicked on multiplayer and coop. I had also downloaded the destruct mod and installed it. It was only later that I noticed the mention that the destruct mod might interfere with the 4.09bm maps. But then to test this I downloaded the Sargenda map and installed it. The map worked fine. So I am at a loss as to why only the Malta map is not functioning I will check tonight if the destruct mod is the old version but I only downloaded it a few days ago. Thanks for your help.
Best regards,
Sentinel.

- sentinel - 29.04.2008

Sorry, I mean the GAME crashed, not the computer crashed.
sentinel.

- fly_zo - 29.04.2008

sorry if i sounded rude m8 .... i was in the hurry when replied

thing is that the only "saving errors" feedback we had has been cosed by static.ini conflict ( either user had 4.08 game version or is using old destruction mod )

So you have all objects from 4.09 version present in FMB (vanilla) ?

if not please check with great Fabianfred for latest version ( destruction mod )

cheers
Z

- sentinel - 29.04.2008

Dear FIsneaky,
No I mean the static.ini line which used to be in the fileslist in the old fileslist system without the new wrapper. In the AAA map discussion section there is a bit about the destruction mod affecting the 4.09 maps so I thought it could be that, but because I had changed to the wrapper system I don't know what to do about it. Taking out this static.ini line apparently corrected the problem with the maps. That is why I thought it might be the problem until I put in the Sardenga map and that worked fine. I think I will either check to see where all the Sardenga files are and add the Malta files to the same places if its not already there. Or I might remove Malta,
run a registry cleaner and then reinstall the Malta map.
Best regards,
Sentinel..........=FI=Pike to you, Sneaky!

- sentinel - 29.04.2008

Dear Fly_zo,
How do I check if all the objects are there.......look in the dropdown menue's??
But surely, if the Sargenga and Slovakia maps work the objects must be there??
regards,
sentinel.

- fly_zo - 29.04.2008

sentinel Wrote:Dear Fly_zo,
How do I check if all the objects are there.......look in the dropdown menue's??
But surely, if the Sargenga and Slovakia maps work the objects must be there??
regards,
sentinel.

yes , look if they are present in drop down menu .... objects ... soldiers should be among last ones

cheers

Z

- Potenz - 29.04.2008

just remove the DESTRUCTION MOD, no matter what version you have, i had the same problem and that was the cause of it.

Potenz

- sentinel - 30.04.2008

Dear Potenz,
Yes I want to remove the Mod but how do I do it completely.....there are no uninstall instructions?
Best regards,
Sentinel.

- Potenz - 30.04.2008

Sentinel just add the "-" mark in front of the folder name that must solve all your problems, works for me.

About DESTRUCTION MOD it's a true problematic mod, dunno why but tends to fuck the game up.

Potenz

- sentinel - 30.04.2008

Do you just do that and the map should work, or should one remove the Malta map, then put the "-" in and then reinstall the Malta map??

- fly_zo - 30.04.2008

sentinel Wrote:Do you just do that and the map should work, or should one remove the Malta map, then put the "-" in and then reinstall the Malta map??

no need for reinstalling

game simply wont load any mod folder with"-" as prefix in name

cheers
Z

- sentinel - 01.05.2008

Nope........it's still not working.
What I did was as you said, put a "-" in front of the folder but it made no difference. So, in case something had been lost I reinstalled 4.091bm, the .93 sound mod and the switcher but it made no difference. So I think I will have to "-" all my Mods folders one at a time until the Malta map works. Then I'll know if and which of the mods is causing the problem. If that fails then I will probably have to do a fresh install.
One question I have is are the new objects listed in the dropdown menue's in the FMB the ones numbered up to 600 or so, and somewhere there are the soldiers you mentioned??
Just to make it clear as to what happened: The game was working fine and I was flying a Malta mission that I had made. The game suddenly crashed and I restarted it and then found the problems mentioned in this thread. So it was not the case that I put in a mod and suddenly it would not work........although I had recently downloaded and installed a few mods one of which was the destruct mod.
Best regards,
Sentinel.