All-Aircraft-Simulations
LYBIA North-East----BETA - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: LYBIA North-East----BETA (/showthread.php?tid=55596)

Pages: 1 2

LYBIA North-East----BETA - JV69_BADA - 04.08.2008

Edited:

Final version available in Map Download section.

- fly_zo - 04.08.2008

thanks for your work Big Grin

will try it ASAP ...

cheers
Z

- fly_zo - 04.08.2008

ok here it goes .....

1 you need to rename map folder to JV69_LYBIA_N-E or change all.ini instructions

BTW , why did you change your prefix m8?

2 for 3do objects you've included ( trenches...) please follow these guidelines ( regarding mod structure):

IF YOUR MOD CONTAINS CUSTOM OBJECTS :

object files

- place your objects into one unique folder and name it objects_"your prefix"

structure :

game root \Mods\ "name with prefix"\3do\....

example :
MODS\Objects_CAN\3do\Buildings\Airdrome\Hangar1_Camo

static.ini

structure:

\MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects\static.ini

- each mod must contain readme file with clear instructions and needed lines ready for copy/paste

- lines for custom objects should contain author's prefix and should be separated from object data

example:

Code:
//===========================================================================
[***]
Title Objects_CAN
//===========================================================================

[buildings.House$AirdromeMaskingnet4]
Title           Airdrome_Maskingnet4
MeshLive        3do/Buildings/Airdrome/Maskingnet4/live.sim
MeshDead        3do/Buildings/Airdrome/Maskingnet4/dead.sim
AddHeightLive 3.1
AlignToLand 0
Body            WoodSmall              // FIXME: need special type 'Cloth'
Panzer          0.0001

more:

(The link is inoperative)

...other than that ... map looks fine
Big Grin

cheers
Z

- JV69_BADA - 04.08.2008

Fly, the trenches with the map are overriding existing textures. those are, sadly, not new objects, i can't make them work as new objects,don't know why, but you're free to try to fix it :lol:

ok, for the final will follow the instructions Big Grin

as for the prefix, the last time you thought TOB2 was the prefixe, but it was only a easier directory for me, tob2 was tobruk, second version Big Grin
so i choose me squad prefix.

- fly_zo - 04.08.2008

JV69_BADA Wrote:Fly, the trenches with the map are overriding existing textures. those are, sadly, not new objects, i can't make them work as new objects,don't know why, but you're free to try to fix it :lol:

ok, for the final will follow the instructions Big Grin

as for the prefix, the last time you thought TOB2 was the prefixe, but it was only a easier directory for me, tob2 was tobruk, second version Big Grin
so i choose me squad prefix.

ok than please offer 3do texture as separate download with clear warning to users ( overwriting hazard)

i'll try to include them as new objects but then new actors.static needs to be madden

and i'm sorry for prefix confusion :oops:

cheers
Z

- fabianfred - 04.08.2008

aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

not FileFront :evil: :roll:

- fly_zo - 04.08.2008

fabianfred Wrote:aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

not FileFront :evil: :roll:

check your mail m8 :wink:

cheers
Z

- zipzapp - 05.08.2008

Great map! And extremly difficult to navigate without GPS and we all know, there was no GPS in those days. I didn't install the new trenches and now there seem to be no trenches at all. How can i rewrite the original trenches (Just in case i want to do that) after installation? I'd like to have a look at the new ones but before that i must know how to rewrite the old ones, one never knows ... Very nice airports, to mention that ;-)

- JV69_BADA - 05.08.2008

Look on the Martubah airfield (north-west), do you see small trenches with flak positions?

the files included in the map are only textures overwrite, so if you didn't install them, then you still should be able to see the trenches (some green color), tha map beeing build with 4.09b stock objects.

- panzerkeil - 05.08.2008

Beautiful map!
Many thanks.

- zipzapp - 05.08.2008

Right, there are three trenches, right and left of the runway. So it's no problem.

The blossomtrees in Tobruk (and may be else) are great. Somthing realy new, i think.

- JV69_BADA - 06.08.2008

look around in a diameter of 20km from tobruk :wink: you'll see more of them! Big Grin

- fabianfred - 06.08.2008

You've made some of the sand dunes a bit higher haven't you....lol

I transferred my mission to this map and with the new defences and tank pack it is great...but the Hurrie D's lawn dart more often.... they're still used to the old map Big Grin

I noticed your trees with blossoms on the first map and altered my load.ini for the Thailand map to include them too :wink:

- JV69_BADA - 07.08.2008

yes, indeed, i've added slightly more contrast in the map_h, resulting in some height changes.
those nice trees and bushes are not mine, there are from the MTO map delivered with the 4.09, they are very well done indeed!
i've made a little PDF explenation manual, you an find it at the same page as the map.it may help the mission builders when placing the objects on the airbases and allow the player to see how the invisible track is made..

- fabianfred - 07.08.2008

the pdf manual sounds good.... but cannot get anything from Filefont

try sending it to my site...

http://www.4shared.com/dir/4397598/27d3 ... aring.html