All-Aircraft-Simulations
hawaii request for talented mapmaker - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: hawaii request for talented mapmaker (/showthread.php?tid=62003)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- Saburo Sakai - 04.08.2009

yep, 5.7 mb, i will test it in the morning. thanks porto Big Grin

- Saburo Sakai - 05.08.2009

added map as per instructions, i have all mods required.
i go to FMB and select tc hawiaan map and get this error after it loads up.
when i select the map, it loads to an empty map, just blue screen with no map

WorldLand() LoadMap() error Javalang RuntimeException Landscape "tc_Hawiaan-islands.ini" loading error.

i looked on the load.ini and compared it to other maps i have manually installed and i think the error is in the [MAP2D] section.

this was the brantoc objects i downloaded viewtopic.php?t=11128&highlight=tow+objects

- porto72 - 05.08.2009

Sorry mate,

this is the first time I try to run my map in an other system. I tried to reinstall the files in my system and the map runs well. So something is still missing, the load.ini seems to be okay. I seem to forget something which is necessary for the functionality of the map. I have to do some more tests.

no problem mate, i will await the outcome of your tests.

i have looked over the install and objects again and i still have everything i need, the map shows in the listing but when i try to load i get the same error and blue map screen, there is not even a grid or anything.

- porto72 - 05.08.2009

Do you have the following files in your MapMods/Maps/_Tex/land/summer folder?

bob_fields_1.tga
bob_fields_1.tree_tga
bob_fields_2.tga
bob_fields_2.tree_tga

- porto72 - 05.08.2009

I could provoke your error-information, it has something to do with missing tex-files. It could be that these bob-files are missing. They are normaly in the UI-Installpack (the original ones). I changed them, so I will send you an updated version of the zip-files.

i dont have them where you say they should be. i have your lates send though and it is 2 gig bigger than the last, will test it now Smile

re installed but same error on loading map Sad i cant see what the problem is, i now have all the relevant tex files :???:

EDIT.
i looked at the load.ini and matched up the tga files in the map folder.
on the top line of the ini there are 6 tga files c,h,M,t,F and R. in the map folder, map_M.tga and map_R.tga are not in that folder, could this be the problem ?

- fabianfred - 05.08.2009

none of the maps use the map_m or map_r..

philipines kt chanel and darwin do , but i did now notice that others dont .

i cant see what the problem is then, i have checked all the files and tga's against the load.ini and they all seem to be there. :???: :???:

maybe porto could sent the map to someone else and see if they get the same issues as i do ?

- porto72 - 05.08.2009

Hi Saburo,

I don't think, that your system is responsible for the problems with my map. As far as I know, the error message is a typical missing tex file message. I checked again my load.ini and found some more texfiles that are not original. Do you have the Italy_DF-map installed? Or to explain it more specific: I think you need the Italy_DF textures. Do you have installed Il2 4.09b or Il2 4.08, because this map will run only with Il2 4.09b!

my load.ini needs following files:

[FIELDS]
LowLand0 = land/summer/rom_fields_LowLand2.tga,-1
LowLand1 = land/summer/rom_fields_LowLand3.tga,-1
LowLand2 = land/summer/sk_LowLand2_fields.tga
LowLand3 = land/summer/rom_fields_MidLand3.tga

MidLand0 = land/summer/sk_fields_midland0.tga,2
MidLand1 = land/summer/MTO_Agrar.tga,2
MidLand2 = land/summer/MTO_Desert_3_Fields.tga,2
MidLand3 = land/summer/sk_fields_midland3.tga
MidLand4 =

Mount0 = land/summer/sk_fields_mount0.tga,-2
Mount1 = land/summer/sk_LowLand5_fields.tga
Mount2 = Italy_DF/land/summer/fields_v2.tga,-1
Mount3 = land/summer/MTO_Mount_Fields.tga,2

Country0 = land/summer/bob_fields_1.tga,2
Country1 = land/summer/bob_fields_1.tga,-2
Country2 = land/summer/bob_fields_1.tga,-1
Country3 = land/summer/bob_fields_1.tga

City0 = land/summer/sk_country_mount.tga
City1 = land/summer/sk_DownCity.tga
City2 = land/summer/sk_MidCity.tga,2
City3 = Italy_DF/land/summer/factory_dry.tga,2

AirField0= land/summer/fields_concrete_1.tga,-2
AirField1= land/summer/fields_concrete_1.tga,2
;AirField1= land/summer/fields_airfieldDesert.tga,2
AirField2= land/summer/fields_airfieldBurma.tga,2
;AirField2= land/summer/MTO_Air_Fields.tga,2
AirField3= land/summer/MTO_Air_Fields.tga,2

Wood0 = forest/summer/JungleKTA.tga
;Wood0 = forest/summer/JungleGr.tga
Wood1 =
;Wood2 = forest/summer/forestfar.tga
Wood2 = forest/summer/sk_ForestFar.tga
Wood3 =

Water0 = water/water.tga
Water1 = water/water.tga
Water2 = land/summer/sk_LowLand0.tga
Water3 = water/dune_beach.tga //water/CoastLineOki.tga //land/summer/dry2_v1.tga

If one tex file is missing the map won't load.

- porto72 - 05.08.2009

I will send the files to fabianfred too, as soon he send me his email address. Check please if you're able to load this map.

ohh, i am on 409 all the way, dont do 408 anymore lol. ok i just installed the italy DF map, that loads ok, tried to load your one and .......nothing again, so i re installed your map and tried again, still nothing.

i will try later and see if i am missing any tex files but its a job i am not looking forward to lol. i think i will just download every map on offer and install them all :wink:

- viking4570 - 05.08.2009

Saburo Sakai Wrote:ohh, i am on 409 all the way, dont do 408 anymore lol. ok i just installed the italy DF map, that loads ok, tried to load your one and .......nothing again, so i re installed your map and tried again, still nothing.

i will try later and see if i am missing any tex files but its a job i am not looking forward to lol. i think i will just download every map on offer and install them all :wink:

After the failed download in the FMB screen hit shift tab and look at the last lines of text it will tell you what texture it was looking for when it failed. -viking

- porto72 - 05.08.2009

very good idea! I deleted one of the tex files and "shift Tab" reported the missing file in one of the last lines. Please check this with your copy Saburo!