All-Aircraft-Simulations
hawaii request for talented mapmaker - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: hawaii request for talented mapmaker (/showthread.php?tid=62003)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- Duc - 20.08.2009

Anymore news on this project? An update would be spectacular :wink:

- Boosher - 20.08.2009

I never received an e-mail. How are things going?

- Saburo Sakai - 21.08.2009

things are good. though i still cant see what is missing , so i can sort the save issue.

- Saburo Sakai - 26.08.2009

OMG, i have cracked it Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

right, i had a HDD issue and had to do a fresh install IL2 from scratch, so i used the UI 1.1 as a base and rebuilt it from there, i added the objects mods as follows
DLV infantry
DLV egypt
lal rones infantry mod
LAL hangars
MOD TEImo
Infantry mod ( the first one that was made)
edited the static ini accordingly

then the hawaii map and added the tga file to the texture folder, and the ford island objects.
opened in the FMB and saw something quite different from the first install i did.
added a ship or two and saved. YES it saved perfectly.

now i can rebuild the Dec 41 mission i lost when my HDD died

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

- Duc - 26.08.2009

Great news! I would love if you released this mission when you are done, i would love to play it Big Grin

I will once i have made it, it takes some time as i lost all my previous maps, but it will come....... and soon :wink:

- fabianfred - 26.08.2009

what is MOD TEImo?

I have every Objects mod released...but cannot save without the fix.....
I do not have the tarmac strips on the runways though.....

that mod TEImo is the mod that comes with the map, it is the ford island jump tower and a couple of others, the tarmac plates is also used.

the saving issue i think is to do with the UI, because before my crash i used the 0.93 and installed all other mods by hand, including ALL objects mods i could lay my hands on. this time i used the UI as a base to start from and added the mods in my post above and the map saves with no issues, so i think the UI has some objects other than what is up for download.

fred, when you got the map, was there another mod in the zip file, with a texture file as well ?

- fabianfred - 27.08.2009

the 3DO/airfields textures?

- Saburo Sakai - 27.08.2009

no, there was an extra tga file that was missed out. fields_concrete_1.tga and it goes in the folder mapmods/maps/_tex/land/summer

- fabianfred - 27.08.2009

I am still missing the different coloured tarmac and lines shgown on this airstrip???

[Image: picture008-1.jpg]

- Saburo Sakai - 28.08.2009

i think the tarmac plates mod deals with that fabien,

i have found a couple of glitches..........
[Image: 1.jpg]
[Image: 2.jpg]
[Image: 4.jpg]

- duffys tavern - 04.09.2009

Just don't want it to slip off the page...

- fabianfred - 04.09.2009

.....really seems to go in fits and bursts...this thread....
Saburo has had an unfortunate computer crash and I believe the map author has a busy schedule IRL

- litozinnamon - 07.09.2009

AWW. lucky ppl.... you get to test it... =( do i? when is it released? =)