All-Aircraft-Simulations
Hilly Normandy -my new WIP - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: Hilly Normandy -my new WIP (/showthread.php?tid=51174)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- canonuk - 10.11.2007

So is relief in maps basically governed by a greyscale bump map?

- fly_zo - 11.11.2007

canonuk Wrote:So is relief in maps basically governed by a greyscale bump map?

yup, map_h.tga !

~S~

Z

- Bee - 11.11.2007

Blur and Blur More are pretty useful :wink:

- Vpmedia - 11.11.2007

I started to experiment with this yesterday Smile

Currently I'm adding real life data to the Balaton map using actual maps and Google earth. I also found a way to propherly handle map_T.tga. I will upload my psd's for you later.

- fly_zo - 11.11.2007

vpmedia Wrote:I started to experiment with this yesterday Smile

Currently I'm adding real life data to the Balaton map using actual maps and Google earth. I also found a way to propherly handle map_T.tga. I will upload my psd's for you later.

now that will be jewel when it's done .. i'm sure Big Grin

watch for rivers ( elevated streams looks kind of funny from ground perspective ) though

thanks

Z

- fly_zo - 11.11.2007

update1:

[Image: norm_pointduhoch.jpg]

[Image: norm_island.jpg]

- F22-Raptor-2006 - 11.11.2007

could u make a map for racing on by lowering terrain and moving them up to create like a circuit if u know what i mean?

- lowfighter - 11.11.2007

Beautiful Normandy coast Zo!!!!
You'll be elevating a bit the little island?

- Vpmedia - 11.11.2007

Excellent Normandy rocks!

I found a way to avoid rivers, first with magic wand tool I select the flat ground/black color and invert that mask and apply to a layer set in which I add the white color/mountains, so I ensure that no white color goes over black. Using this method the biggest danger is to raise the farmland textures which look strange on mountains. On the Balaton map the original mapmaker used the rivers little chaotic, there are a lot more than it should be. Got a lot to learn though.

Later we should compile a texture catalog somehow because I tried mostly random textures and looked at other familiar maps load.ini too.

- Corktip_14 - 11.11.2007

Good god, the cliffs of Normandy looks damn cool now!

- fly_zo - 11.11.2007

well its finished Big Grin

link:

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?c ... d_pack.rar

- fly_zo - 11.11.2007

vpmedia Wrote:Excellent Normandy rocks!

I found a way to avoid rivers, first with magic wand tool I select the flat ground/black color and invert that mask and apply to a layer set in which I add the white color/mountains, so I ensure that no white color goes over black. Using this method the biggest danger is to raise the farmland textures which look strange on mountains. On the Balaton map the original mapmaker used the rivers little chaotic, there are a lot more than it should be. Got a lot to learn though.

Later we should compile a texture catalog somehow because I tried mostly random textures and looked at other familiar maps load.ini too.

cool Big Grin

would you please PM me your prefix for files to avoid overlapping of mods ...
so i can add it to the list here
(The link is inoperative)

thanks
Z

- fly_zo - 11.11.2007

lowfighter Wrote:Beautiful Normandy coast Zo!!!!
You'll be elevating a bit the little island?

thank you Big Grin

nope ... tried though but when on see level you can see right through it ..... can't be helped

all the best

Z

- Whizz - 11.11.2007

Brilliant work fly_zo thankyou very much. All this map editing stuff is a bit confusing to me right now. Is it possible to increase the size of the small Island?

- fly_zo - 11.11.2007

Whizz Wrote:Brilliant work fly_zo thankyou very much. All this map editing stuff is a bit confusing to me right now. Is it possible to increase the size of the small Island?

Oh, i wish..... but no you can't modify see or ground areas ... well guys did found the way to eliminate rivers from maps so maybe in the future ...

thanks for compliments

Z Big Grin