All-Aircraft-Simulations
ACTORS STATIC !!! - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: ACTORS STATIC !!! (/showthread.php?tid=51608)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- fly_zo - 11.12.2007

... ok guys, i don't have time to try it properly until tonight so ... well see

@Lowfighter: my specs are: prescott 3.0; 2Gb ram; nv7600gt ;audigy2....

Z

- CKY_86 - 11.12.2007

Hi fly_zo, Im up for testing it Smile

- FC - 11.12.2007

For saving changes you have to create folder maps in your Il2 folder, for example

g:/Il2/Maps

In Maps folder you have to make folders for each of the map you are working with.

example:

g:/Il2/Maps/net1summer

Now you go to FMB and work with net1summer map, after you make all changes save what you have done. Result of your changes will be in g:/Il2/Maps/net1summer

With those files you work like with any other mod files, you have to move them into files folder and make necessary changes in filelist text.

For work on new maps you can make empty actors.static file in notepad and than add things in FMB.

That's works for me so it should work for everybody else too.

FC

- Skunkmeister - 11.12.2007

Dang, I was asleep while all this happened. Am I too late to try this?

FC: If you have an empty actors.static file, the game will not let you save your mission and you will not be able to fly on the map.

- Bee - 11.12.2007

Why do these things always turn up just before lights out?! :?

I'd lik to try too if I may :wink:

- FC - 11.12.2007

Skunkmeister Wrote:Dang, I was asleep while all this happened. Am I too late to try this?

FC: If you have an empty actors.static file, the game will not let you save your mission and you will not be able to fly on the map.

That's not a point, there are some troubles with big actors.static, when you make empty actors you will be able to download the map and work on it. And if you want to test map you can add just a couple of objects to create new actors.static, that will allow you to save missions.

FC

- 6S.Maraz - 11.12.2007

That's great!

Now I have solved my problems with map_T and am ready for the actor thing! So please count me in Smile

Maraz

- lowfighter - 11.12.2007

Ok FC, now it's clear, thanks for all! The instructions didn't contain this piece of info, so of course if you followed them by the letter you'd get in trouble lol.
Thanks again, this is my christmas present!

FC Wrote:For saving changes you have to create folder maps in your Il2 folder, for example

In Maps folder you have to make folders for each of the map you are working with.

example:

Now you go to FMB and work with net1summer map, after you make all changes save what you have done. Result of your changes will be in g:/Il2/Maps/net1summer

With those files you work like with any other mod files, you have to move them into files folder and make necessary changes in filelist text.

For work on new maps you can make empty actors.static file in notepad and than add things in FMB.

FC

The thing is fabulous! Spent 2 minutes changing the face of a rock wall on guadalcanal. Insted of one rocky texture as with the original, made a checkerboard of 4-5 textures, looked miles more natural and more mountain-like.
Could open besides Okinawa and Moskow. Couldn't open Kyushu.

- CKY_86 - 11.12.2007

lowfighter Wrote:The thing is fabulous! Spent 2 minutes changing the face of a rock wall on guadalcanal. Insted of one rocky texture as with the original, made a checkerboard of 4-5 textures, looked miles more natural and more mountain-like.
Could open besides Okinawa and Moskow. Couldn't open Kyushu.

Care to wet our appetites with a screenie? :wink:

Imposible, sorry CKY, didn't save anything just played around.
During this play I got an idea: if I tried to load Stalingrad map the game crashed. So I came out and did one thing: deleted all text in actors.static. Then I loaded againgame, and then Stalingrad map loaded fine. So it's actors.static who's giving trouble with bigger maps. Still, till some fix, you can still use this marvelous invention for doing precision adjustments about terrain height and texture placement.

- Skunkmeister - 11.12.2007

You can make elevation adjustments and texture maps with it?

- fly_zo - 11.12.2007

CKY, Bee, Skunkmeister, 6S Maraz...... check your mails gents Big Grin

Z

- FC - 11.12.2007

Skunkmeister Wrote:You can make elevation adjustments and texture maps with it?

Yes.

- fly_zo - 11.12.2007

FC Wrote:For saving changes you have to create folder maps in your Il2 folder, for example

example:

FC

thanks m8 for info and assistance Big Grin

Z