All-Aircraft-Simulations
Malta Map WIP available - UPDATED - V1.2 - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: Malta Map WIP available - UPDATED - V1.2 (/showthread.php?tid=52374)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- Trooper117 - 02.02.2008

Did you read the whole thread?.. It clearly states it's a work in progress.
Remember, this has been created from scratch, alot of hard work has been put in.
You also have the capability of adding many more objects and such like by creating your own missions and map templates from within the fmb.. You can 'populate' this map as much as you like, but remember it will start to be a drain on your fps the more you put in.

- Neil Lowe - 02.02.2008

Wonderful, Thanx Big Grin Smile

Cheers, Neil Smile

- ClockWatcher - 02.02.2008

Cat_Mouth
Quote:It is a final version or a beta ?

Because I am little bit disappointed :

1. the towns are very very poor .... There is one house for 150 meters ....
2. I often see houses on falls, then house don't really touch the ground ...
2. many airbases are visually bugged. Runaway textures are layered and the bases blink.
3. the choice of the texture are strange because I see a big Patchwork with plenty of different colors. It's very flashy when you fly ...

I am hoping this was a very poorly worded post Cat. All modders welcome constructive criticism, I say again, constructive. You need to be aware of the limitations imposed by the IL2 game engine:

Limit on textures, limits on height resolution (especially as you go higher), limits on how close roads and rail networks can be, limits on minimum width of rivers, limits on bridge placement, limits on how rivers can be placed, limits on the tools we have available, limits on how steep you can make a cliff, limits on..................I hope you get my point.

We have some very gifted coders who have supplied the community with tools which enables us to carry out these mods, and progress is being made each day. We are all learning, and remember, this has only been happening for a few months. There are things happening in this Forum we have been told, allegedly, that cannot be done, by no less than Oleg himself. Yet great strides are taking place.

Cat, please read the threads on the map forum and try and understand how maps are made, and how we are constrained by the IL2 engine.

As for Maraz's map, for a new map, made from scratch, starting with no knowledge or skills a few weeks ago and using his own FREE time, Maraz has contributed enormously to this venture. And that does not even include the dicoveries and techniques Maraz has made and shared with the community. Plus, as Trooper117 said, it is Work in Progress.

To get a better understanding, try and modify a map yourself Cat and see how easy it is NOT!

Maraz, sorry for ranting on your thread Wink, but I could not let it lie! If you want me to remove it give me a shout.

CW

- Former_Older - 02.02.2008

Cat_Mouth Wrote:It is a final version or a beta ?

Because I am little bit disappointed :

1. the towns are very very poor .... There is one house for 150 meters ....
2. I often see houses on falls, then house don't really touch the ground ...
2. many airbases are visually bugged. Runaway textures are layered and the bases blink.
3. the choice of the texture are strange because I see a big Patchwork with plenty of different colors. It's very flashy when you fly ...

It is normal, or my version is bugged ?

Smile

Hi Cat

the name of the thread says it's a "WIP" which means "work in progress"

usually this type of thing is released in this state as a functionality and compatibility check, and to get feedback from the people that choose to download it

It shouldn't be expected to see a final product with an WIP file; you are simply getting a look at the current state of the project, as a favor to you from the map-maker

Your issues might be mentioned to the map-maker as feedback, but please, don;t express them as complaints to him. WIP projects are not intended to provide players with a bug-free experience and any WIP download is 100% at your own risk

I've no doubt that you just didn't realize this was not a final version, but even then...well I've had words with a few demanding players who became personally offended that I didn't do things quite the way they desired, with my own skin and campaign projects. It doesn't really tend to do much except piss off people when things are presented that way to the project's creator. They put a lot of effort and sometimes personal sacrifice into these things

Would it be possible for you, or anyone else, to post some reasonably sized screenshots?

- Cat_Mouth - 02.02.2008

OK OK keep cool. I don't want to hurt anyone ....
I have no doubt about the time to built a map ....

I simply wanted to know if this map bugs at your home, because runaway texture blinks ... and I believed that some object was missed. Perhaps a problem with my Il2 version .... nothing else.
I visibly reassure because my version don't bug.

Thanks .

Continue your work ... I will waiting for this map with impatience.

- asheshouse - 02.02.2008

Well Maraz -- Its brilliant!
I've spent far too much time flying around Malta this afternoon -- must stop.

I can see you've focussed effort on the key visual features, like Valletta castles and Fortresses. They look really good.

I guess if anyone is mission building and wants to add or enhance scenery in local areas then you would be able to merge the scenery parts of the *.mis file into actors.static, so anyone who wants to help can.

Can't wait for somebody to produce a good shipping strike mission with the Beaufighter, and your plans to expand the map towards the North Africa coast make it even more exciting.

Superb!

- fido - 02.02.2008

is there a way to install it WITHOUT new wrapper.dll? thx for reply

- FC - 02.02.2008

Superb work, you have managed to create atmosphere and feel of Mediterranean with limited resources and that's a mark of great artist.

FC

- asheshouse - 02.02.2008

fido Wrote:is there a way to install it WITHOUT new wrapper.dll? thx for reply

No reason not to install the new wrapper. It works fine. But if you don't want to --

In your files folder you will have a folder root/files/maps

If not create one.

Then in maps folder make root/files/maps/mrz_Malta

Extract the map files from the download into this folder.

In root/files/maps you should have a file all.ini

If not get the default all.ini from the thread in the Maps forum
Then add the line mrz_Malta mrz_Malta/mrz_load.ini
-- as detailed in the readme file

Finally add file references in your filelist.txt to all the files in the mrz_Malta folder
-- You dont have to do this if you have the new wrapper installed.

That should work.

- fido - 02.02.2008

asheshouse Wrote:

No reason not to install the new wrapper. It works fine. But if you don't want to --

Yes there is reason, new wrapper doesnt work.

When i use it, map list in FMB is empty.
Now i noticet that when i add all.ini into filelist, that FMB list is empty too... Sad

- fly_zo - 02.02.2008

fido Wrote:
asheshouse Wrote:

Yes there is reason, new wrapper doesnt work.

When i use it, map list in FMB is empty.
Now i noticet that when i add all.ini into filelist, that FMB list is empty too... Sad

add all.ini means you have to open it ( notepad) and copy line from it .... past it to your original all.ini.

new wrapper:

game root\mods\mapmods\maps\all.ini

if this is your first map default all.ini is available in sticky

if using new wrapper with old files system than your all.ini should be in:

game root\files\maps\all.ini

And it works with new wrapper trust me ( or ... be sure :wink: )

@ Maraz:

Indeed you are the first to make history here , many thanks for your time effort and enthusiasm...
fantastic work !!!!!

congratulations

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Z

- Kelso. - 02.02.2008

The map Malta has the conflict from MOD _ DESTRUCTION _ IL2 - he will not give to save the mission in FMB. The file guilty is: com \ maddox \ il2 \ objects \ static.ini. Probably is this the file from the version 4.08, and the Malta uses objects from 4.09. Great thanks and admiration for author for the magnitude of the work !

- fly_zo - 02.02.2008

Kelso. Wrote:The map Malta has the conflict from MOD _ DESTRUCTION _ IL2 - he will not give to save the mission in FMB. The file guilty is: com \ maddox \ il2 \ objects \ static.ini. Probably is this the file from the version 4.08, and the Malta uses objects from 4.09. Great thanks and admiration for author for the magnitude of the work !

you are right , thanks for pointing that up m6 Big Grin

i believe Fabianfred made new destruction mod which works with 4.09b1m ... so everyone with that issue please uninstall LAL-RONEs destruction mod and use Fabianfreds instead .

Z

- 6S.Maraz - 02.02.2008

Yes, this map only works with 4.09b (it is written in the release notes).
It makes use of Slovakia and Bessarabia objects as well as MTO textures

Maraz

- Whizz - 02.02.2008

Installed it, wrote up and saved a simple Spitfire mission, love it to bits with no problems at any stage.

Great work mate, thanks a million. Big Grin