All-Aircraft-Simulations
Kwajalein/Wotje atoll map - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: Kwajalein/Wotje atoll map (/showthread.php?tid=54099)

Pages: 1 2 3

- fabianfred - 12.05.2008

I just got it working OK without any alterations...

I can re-do the taxiing/parking waypoints if desired...and post the actors at my site...

I love the coral reefs....especially the underwater stuff....how was that made?

- fly_zo - 12.05.2008

fabianfred Wrote:I just got it working OK without any alterations...

I can re-do the taxiing/parking waypoints if desired...and post the actors at my site...

I love the coral reefs....especially the underwater stuff....how was that made?

how did you get it saving missions ? ... please

Z

- fly_zo - 12.05.2008

ok .... so actors static needs to be altered ( thanks Ffb for PM)

cheers
Z

sometimes in the FMB I get 'white-outs' with this map...it may have a RAM drain or something

- fly_zo - 12.05.2008

fabianfred Wrote:sometimes in the FMB I get 'white-outs' with this map...it may have a RAM drain or something

nope .... happens to me too .... but goes away with reworked actors file ,

i guess engine is trying to figure out takeoff points so it gets overloaded ....

cheers
Z

- fly_zo - 12.05.2008

ok, decided to post reworked actors static file after all .....

put file in Kwajalein folder .....

(The link is inoperative) Fly_zo/Kwajalein_actors.rar

please guys try it and post results ....

thanks
Z

I checked the actors (original) in the MapTools FMB...the waypoints didn't seem to be too bad...just that the parking ones were too close to the hangers and inside the blastpens...usually a no no!

Funny how the FMB+ works OK but not the normal one....maybe a thing to check with people who cannot get along with other maps...like the malta one...

I noticed whilst in the maptools FMb that there was some texture tearing...(didn't notice in normal FMB)...probably the map_c could do with a run through the transform.bat

- Jabo - 12.05.2008

Thank you Fly_zo :wink:

- namhee2 - 13.05.2008

Merci, danke sch

- chameleon - 13.05.2008

Fly_zo, i download actors.static and check it... And... (Нифига!) Nothing.
Fabianfred, if you can compel normal work airbases... I will say "Thank".

- fly_zo - 13.05.2008

chameleon Wrote:Fly_zo, i download actors.static and check it... And... (Нифига!) Nothing.

well , with your actors static file i couldn't save anything ( vanillaFMB or FMB+) and in 3d mode whole screen turns white

after edited double takeoff points .... FMB isn't in shock anymore and saving went w/o problem

this is from your map , isn't it ?

(The link is inoperative) fly_zo/kwal_01.jpg

- Vpmedia - 13.05.2008

thx zo! Its working now!

actors.static ? - delvpier - 13.05.2008

Well, I'm not sure this is about actors.static.

I had no problems to load or save missions in FMB with the original released nor with beta released !

Maybe I could make one suggestion about coral reefs : in map_c you can have this area like the one of Tarawa. If you look at map_c Tarawa you'll see some effects of white and grey points.
You can copy an area of 65x65 pixels, select corresponding grey area by color in Kwaj map_c and fill in with this copy. Give a try, I did it and i think it looks better in game.
But of course it's up to you to decide for your map :wink:

- Guest - 13.05.2008

Thanx, fly_zo...the new actors static sorted my saving problems out...
I'va also just encountered the FMB 'I've just seen a ghost!' effect...first time for me....
This map, along with the Slot, has just about everything one could want from a Pacific scenario...
very good stuff!!!
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

- fly_zo - 13.05.2008

many thanks vpmedia , bigbossmalone, delvpier and the rest for feedback ....

@chameleon: i'm very sorry but until this issue gets resolved this project stays beta

i suggest that you run this map with all other /objects/destruction mods disabled ... see what will happen

regards
Z