All-Aircraft-Simulations
WIP:Spanish Civilwar online maps (Bilbao Area+Spain generic) - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: WIP:Spanish Civilwar online maps (Bilbao Area+Spain generic) (/showthread.php?tid=54124)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: WIP:Spanish Civilwar online map (Bilbao Area) - YuVe - 15.05.2008

kapteeni Wrote:
YuVe Wrote:
kapteeni Wrote:I think, that
Thanks YuVe, help is always OK. It was so that in my computer did show some grazy marks instead of MTO. I can use MTO map OK, but it means that map takes more than 2 weeks to get finished. BTW i already checked MTO map even before you posted to me Big Grin . If we use MTO , i need all the help i can have. I do the terrain/landscape, you do the missing airfields, OK?
OK!
You can unwrap a landscape?
There is such technical opportunity?
That the sea was in a southeast.
And the coast was in northwest.
Everything is possible...

Glory to gods!
After a turn the map will be more similar on real.

- kapteeni - 15.05.2008

to YuVe:
I'm not sure what do you meen:
Can you give me ecxact coordinates for rotation (angle/degrees )
For others:
There is gonna be 2 maps: 1 big and 1 small.
Small is for us short distance flyers (and for DCG 8) ) and the other is more realistic. Not 1:1 tho, but bigger anyways.

- kapteeni - 15.05.2008

This a bit OT, but I been thinking what is the most important thing what comes about maps. For me it is IMMERSION. I rather have my map small and populated than big with huge empty spaces. Becides, if you want to make even small map working, it takes ages. Making a small village can take all night. Map making is great fun, but very time consuming work.
I understand ppl who wants real flying times. Long missions are fun to play specially with big bombers+online.
As an dedicated offliner, i want decent flying times to target and lots of action.
Thats why i make small maps. Not because im lazy :wink: :oops: :roll:
My Spanish map_cConfused original sizes are:
Small DF SCW 1696x1280
Bigger Online 4096x 4096
So there will lots of doing for me for now on. I start with the smaller one and that should take about 1 month. One week is almost gone all ready Confusedhock:
If i want to make perfect bigger one, it will had to wait untill summer is over. Cry

Cheers kapteeni!

- Widowmaker - 15.05.2008

Thank you thank you thank you

more DCG-able maps!!! Id rather fly with my friends than by myself Smile So thank you for adding to the pool we can use for online campaigns!

- kapteeni - 15.05.2008

kapteeni Wrote:This a bit OT, but I been thinking what is the most important thing what comes about maps. For me it is IMMERSION. I rather have my map small and populated than big with huge empty spaces. Becides, if you want to make even small map working, it takes ages. Making a small village can take all night. Map making is great fun, but very time consuming work.
I understand ppl who wants real flying times. Long missions are fun to play specially with big bombers+online.
As an dedicated offliner, i want decent flying times to target and lots of action.
Thats why i make small maps. Not because im lazy :wink: :oops: :roll:
My Spanish map_cConfused original sizes are:
Small DF SCW 1696x1280
Bigger Online 4096x 4096
So there will lots of doing for me for now on. I start with the smaller one and that should take about 1 month. One week is almost gone all ready Confusedhock:
If i want to make perfect bigger one, it will had to wait untill summer is over. Cry

Cheers kapteeni!
Did i write offliner :oops:

- YuVe - 16.05.2008

kapteeni Wrote:to YuVe:
For others:
Small is for us short distance flyers (and for DCG 8) ) and the other is more realistic. Not 1:1 tho, but bigger anyways.

I allowed links to maps of the Spanish coast.
Turn of a map should be made so that the line of coast were, as in a reality.
Or, even reminded real

- kapteeni - 16.05.2008

YuVe Wrote:[quote="kapteeni"]to YuVe:
For others:

Or, even reminded real

- YuVe - 19.05.2008

kapteeni Wrote:[quote="YuVe"][quote="kapteeni"]to YuVe:
For others:

Or, even reminded real

- kapteeni - 19.05.2008

[what maptools?[/quote]
Extended FMB.

- fly_zo - 19.05.2008

that map tools :wink: :

(The link is inoperative)

cheers
Z

- kapteeni - 19.05.2008

Small update:
I been searching data for my Spanish Civilwar map. I have week off from work, so i might have some time to build my maps. (Need to do some kayakin/photographing too).
So far i been making some progress with terrain in "Spain generic " map. As i said before, bigger map had to wait due lack of time Cry
I found this:
http://www.veoh.com/userVideos.html?num ... offset=280
Nice collection, dont you think?
I also own Antony Beevor's book "The Battle for Spain". It is a good book with some nice maps too

- YuVe - 20.05.2008

kapteeni Wrote:[what maptools?
Extended FMB.

- kapteeni - 20.05.2008

YuVe Wrote:[quote="kapteeni"][what maptools?
Extended FMB.

- YuVe - 20.05.2008

kapteeni Wrote:Thats fine with me. I make the terrain and cities. I think i can send map to you next weekend!
OK.
I shall wait.

- YuVe - 12.06.2008

kapteeni Wrote:Thats fine with me. I make the terrain and cities. I think i can send map to you next weekend!

Hi, kapteeni Smile
You continue to work above a map of Spain? :oops:
Or has left this work? Cry