All-Aircraft-Simulations
Map_t RGB values - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: Map_t RGB values (/showthread.php?tid=54236)

Pages: 1 2

- fly_zo - 19.05.2008

ok.... thanks to I/JG54_Gringo ... here are color swatches for photoshop

default installation :

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Presets\Color Swatches\

(The link is inoperative) Map_T_Color_Swatches.rar

please test them ....

cheers
Z

- PeterD - 19.05.2008

Use .GIF to preserve the original colors! since it has so few colors in the image (less than 256)

- fabianfred - 19.05.2008

I/JG54_Gringo Wrote:It's easier to paint the map while in RGB mod,and after you finnish your work,just convert it back to grey/8.And each time you need to rework something on it,just convert it to RGB color before start working.ANd after you finnish...again the same.
Fabian,i dunno what you mean but....Those RGB values are right out of an experimental map_t.tga that i made.And using them,the ships are moving without problems on the water...

I found that for mapT where the greyscale values are very important....that Gimp is more accurate than PS....... originally no ships would run on my map until i changed the sea to the 28 RGB 11% which is from the default maps
I prefer to work in greyscale..because PS has trouble when converting to greyscale from RGB

- fly_zo - 19.05.2008

...sorry m8, i'm using Photoshop CS and got no trouble converting RGB to grayscale .... no strange effects . Well, maybe that comes with later versions ....

cheers
Z

- fabianfred - 21.05.2008

I do remember someone saying that the greyscale in PS gives only 100 steps whereas Gimp has the full 256....
True or not I don't know...I use CS2....and have heard CS3 is better...???

- 352ndSgtBooze - 21.05.2008

Our Photoshop CS2 and CS3 is working fine also for map_t. Initially our ships would not sail, so opened up map_t in Photoshop, selected the water by color, Created a seperate water layer, then in the color palete changed the color # to 282828 and it worked fine. We have a generate map_t so ours is of the darker variety so a little edge cleanup is required.

Now trying to figure out how to get the surf to go where we desire. Big Grin

- fabianfred - 21.05.2008

for surf i found that if i selected all the sea by using the magic wand tool with contiguous and no AA at 0 tolerance ......then 'Select' menu ...Modify...Border....and 1 pixels ...then you will see a neat one-pixel border beside your coast....ready to paint with 313131 for surf.....or 303030 for no surf

- fly_zo - 22.05.2008

hey Booze .... since you have separated layer for water , duplicate it
..... now on lower layer apply stroke ( layer options ) - inner 1pix (or larger if needed) and select shade for stroke color as ffb has suggested. Now you'll have lower layer with all surf coast ..

... select upper layer and set transparency so you can see lower layer ..... now just erase parts of coast you want to have surf on it ( upper layer)- watch that eraser tool is set as pencil ( not brush) .... when done revert to 0 transparency and merge two water layers ( or leave them separated for future adjustments )

cheers
Z

- 352ndSgtBooze - 22.05.2008

fabianfred, Z, thank you guys! Big Grin That worked like a charm. Surfs Up!

- Guest - 22.05.2008

For the surf you can also just smudge map_c’s coast lines, and with new dll’s it gives nice beaches with much shallow waters and fading in the depth is looking very good.

- fly_zo - 22.05.2008

[quote="Avala"]For the surf you can also just smudge map_c

- 352ndSgtBooze - 22.05.2008

Thanks Avala, will try that too! Big Grin

- fabianfred - 22.05.2008

[quote="Avala"]For the surf you can also just smudge map_c