All-Aircraft-Simulations
FLY_ZO... YES... I DID IT !!!!!!! - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: FLY_ZO... YES... I DID IT !!!!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=60128)

Pages: 1 2 3

- CzechTexan - 21.03.2009

Awesome pyramids!
But my post is about the bridges. Will these bridges work for rivers above sea level or will they only work like the stock bridges?

The BurmaLower and Thailand maps have rivers above sea level (if they were at sea level then there would be deep canyons) and I desperately need some bridges that will work for the rivers. I've built a few rivers with bits and pieces of the railway crossover + wood plate but it's time consuming and would be a lot easier if it were just a couple of mod pieces.

- walter_solito - 21.03.2009

Hi!

You are a real MASTER!!!!

All of this objects are very COOOOOOL!!!!!!

I don't see the time to d/l them!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS again!!!!!

cheers

walter

- delvpier - 21.03.2009

First, thank you for your kind words Big Grin

Myself, I cannot believe it was true... because, first I'm not very familiar with 3D modeling, and second, people from AAA 3D Forums don't share much information about this subject... they are quite busy with planes... but for objects, there is a poor sharing of their knownledge...

Later, I will explain how I found the way to have one object loadable in game... with almost no work in 3ds MAX but most of the work with Meshconverter and a notepad :wink:

It was my personal discoveries on Bridge elements that leaded to these idea... I thought : if it's possible for bridges, it has to be possible for any 3D modeled volume...

These objects are still quite unperfect, ie they have no shadows at this time... but I think they will have :wink: ... using only notepad :roll:

They are 4 : 3 different size for Gizeh and a little one, they are visible from 10 km

and now let's go to the Sphinx Big Grin

- delvpier - 21.03.2009

CzechTexan Wrote:Awesome pyramids!
But my post is about the bridges. Will these bridges work for rivers above sea level or will they only work like the stock bridges?

The BurmaLower and Thailand maps have rivers above sea level (if they were at sea level then there would be deep canyons) and I desperately need some bridges that will work for the rivers. I've built a few rivers with bits and pieces of the railway crossover + wood plate but it's time consuming and would be a lot easier if it were just a couple of mod pieces.

You will have all information in a few hours when I release the pack.

I think they can be place anywhere, like any usual objects... but I would make some test before

... and now, with Pyramids, my brain is burning :roll:

- RRuger - 21.03.2009

delvpier Wrote:
CzechTexan Wrote:Awesome pyramids!

You will have all information in a few hours when I release the pack.

I think they can be place anywhere, like any usual objects... but I would make some test before

... and now, with Pyramids, my brain is burning :roll:

Put it out with a beer :mrgreen:

Waw - COBRA19 - 21.03.2009

good job!!! Big Grin

UPDATE NEWS - delvpier - 23.03.2009

I started a set of objects suitable for building Egyptian ancient temples

This is only a start and they are only a few... and they need some improvements, like textures and lightning

[Image: EGY_OBJ01.jpg]

[Image: EGY_OBJ02.jpg]

- CONAN - 23.03.2009

That's wonderfull

- KG64_Cnopicilin - 24.03.2009

W0W! (this time i dont mean World of Warcraft lol)

- Friendly_flyer - 24.03.2009

That is some very useful parts! Would it be possible to put in a more primitive European style Menhir too?

- renmik - 24.03.2009

THAT I realy miss in Africa/Egypt !!!

Great job... can't wait to see the final...

AWESOME

- delvpier - 24.03.2009

Friendly_flyer Wrote:That is some very useful parts! Would it be possible to put in a more primitive European style Menhir too?

:lol: ... Stonehenge... isn't it ? :lol:

Well, I have one model but I don't know if I can make it importable in Il-2... I will try

- fly_zo - 24.03.2009

i'm really , really ... really looking forward to it

Big Grin Big Grin

fantastic

Z

- Friendly_flyer - 24.03.2009

delvpier Wrote::lol: ... Stonehenge... isn't it ? :lol:

Well, I have one model but I don't know if I can make it importable in Il-2... I will try

Actually, I was thinking more in line of single elements, like the ones you showed for the temple. One big and one small simple standing stones, a broken one and one hanging in mid air (matching the hight of the high standing ones), and you'd be able to build not only Stonehenge, but most of the European Neolithic monuments. There are actually quite a few of them (though a bit less dramatic than Stonehenge) in Britain and France.

- Guest - 24.03.2009

IMPRESIVE!
Its incredible what a few Objects can do for inmerssion he?

Now can we have Hamunaptra and the Scoprion King! Tongue