All-Aircraft-Simulations
Malta Map WIP available - UPDATED - V1.2 - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: Malta Map WIP available - UPDATED - V1.2 (/showthread.php?tid=52374)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- 352ndCoolBreeze - 02.02.2008

An astonishing accomplishment! Cheers to Maraz for the excellent work. I just crashed and burned attempting to land at Takali field on Malta ("a Sgt. Booze" as we say in the 352nd). Those surrounding hills are not for the faint of heart.

Regards,
CB

- wingflyr - 02.02.2008

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Well well done old boy. 8)

- 352ndSgtBooze - 02.02.2008

Big Grin Very nice Maraz!!! Very, Very Nice!!!!

- fabianfred - 02.02.2008

Very nice work..Thank you

I flew a Gladiator (of course) around and love the grand harbour and airstrips :lol:

this is realistically scaled I presume.....how long do the Italian bombers take to get there from the mainland??

- Tigershark - 03.02.2008

So yes,

screens?? lol...

of your fav areas!

TS

- 6S.Maraz - 03.02.2008

fabianfred Wrote:Very nice work..Thank you

I flew a Gladiator (of course) around and love the grand harbour and airstrips :lol:

this is realistically scaled I presume.....how long do the Italian bombers take to get there from the mainland??

Yes, the map scale is realistic. It was just a 20 minutes flight from the Sicily coast.

Maraz

- Rus_Andrey - 03.02.2008

That do you think about this? Big Grin

[Image: 46a3febf0f6e.jpg]

- fly_zo - 03.02.2008

letchik Wrote:That do you think about this? Big Grin

nice, but IMHO you should use only houses that came with version 4.07 and higher ..... older objects have way too short visible distance .... pop up in front of your nose

still, it looks great Big Grin

Z

- Phil_K - 03.02.2008

I don't wish to sound negative, as this is obviously a phenomenal piece of work, but I think this way of building towns with lots of isolated diverse buildings is not the right way. The best way is to use fewer building types, but lay them end to end in "streets". Here are examples from my current and previous campaigns:

Bizerte:

[Image: Bizerte.jpg]

[Image: Bizerte2.jpg]

Murmansk:

[Image: MurmanskCity.jpg]

Kotka:

[Image: Kotka.jpg]

This method has many advantages. As well as being more convincing, it results in faster load times (due to fewer number of different objects used) and smoother graphics (as the graphics card is processing fewer different objects as the player passes over). I would like map-builders to consider this method when they create new maps. It is more efficient and MUCH more effective.

- Rus_Andrey - 03.02.2008

Thanks for recommendations! Smile

- Guest - 03.02.2008

As I have understood, either way must be incorporated already in the map file (that is that actor file, I guess) or it will be too heavy for computer to manage it?

Maraz, bravo again, and I am amazed with water color, is it something custom or from some existing map?

- 6S.Maraz - 03.02.2008

Avala Wrote:As I have understood, either way must be incorporated already in the map file (that is that actor file, I guess) or it will be too heavy for computer to manage it?

Maraz, bravo again, and I am amazed with water color, is it something custom or from some existing map?

Water color was suggested by Vpmedia.
Maraz

- fabianfred - 03.02.2008

yes...I noticed that....the water colour is very good......I was in Cyprus many times with the Army....and learned to scuba dive and snorkel there.....

I like both of the posters buildings...... he has a point about the rows of the same house too.....Compans 32sqn campaigns use that method too

Also worth looking at the fantastic Grand Harbour made for the campaign Faith Hope & Charity

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php? ... tails&id=3

- VFS-214_Hawk - 03.02.2008

ranwers Wrote:Thanx !

Maybe soon... :wink:

[Image: 02022008135013md7.jpg]

What the @#$% is that thing?

- fabianfred - 03.02.2008

is the RUNT...or CANT or something???