All-Aircraft-Simulations
The English Channel WIP - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: The English Channel WIP (/showthread.php?tid=53346)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- Scharnhorst1943 - 16.04.2008

canonuk Wrote:Yes and no..

It's abandoned in the sense that I won't be releasing what I was working on.

It's not abandoned because my expanded English Channel map will include everything the original BoB map included, plus more. I'll also be able to release a 1941-44 version as well for later war Channel operations.

So, there will still be a Battle of Britian online map

Smile

So am I to understand correctly that you have incorporated everything you have done into a new map, and that you plan only to release two maps, Extended for early and extended for late war? Or you still plan on releasing a smaller map just after the other two are done?

Sorry, I can be a bit dense sometimes ...

- canonuk - 17.04.2008

I've incorporated everythings I've done into the new map, and I'll release two maps - extended early and extended late.

- RealDarko - 17.04.2008

Roger so we are still far from a public release right? Was hoping to get the "old" online BoB map soon, but sure will worth the wait. Thank's for the job Canon!

- I/ZG52_Gaga - 17.04.2008

Brilliant!!! Smile

- Fay King - 19.04.2008

"shameless bump" Big Grin

- Gambler - 21.04.2008

Canon,

Is it possible to get a list of airfields, both Axis and Allied, that will be portrated in your early English Channel map? I was wanting to get a jump on a dedicated server campaign template for it, research wise.

- canonuk - 21.04.2008

Yep - the Battle of Britain airfields will be:

Luftwaffe:

RAF:

- kapteeni - 21.04.2008

Patiently waiting. Will there be Chain Home Radar Antennas too?

- canonuk - 21.04.2008

Yes, there will be.

I've skinned one of the Industrial chimneys to be one type of mast, and used the large red cranes to stand in for the other type.

- kapteeni - 21.04.2008

I planned to use those cranes too, when populating my Kt_channel map. I gave up tho, because i knew that you guys can do it better than me. Keep up the good work!

- Gambler - 21.04.2008

Thanks, Canon....much appreciated... Smile

P.S....any chance of a screen of the map in the FMB or whatever would show airfield locations one of these evenings while you're testing?

- Potenz - 21.04.2008

We are so impatience about your map that now we have our squads skins for BoB campaing xD

[Image: JKG32Potenz.jpg]

[Image: PotenzEmil.jpg]

Potenz

- canonuk - 24.04.2008

Work has re-commenced on my map. I took a little break to skin some essential hangars for both the Luftwaffe and RAF, including camouflaged 'barn' style Luftwaffe hangars, Type 'J' and T-2 RAF hangars and other little bits and bobs.

So, now I'm cracking on with the BoB build of my map. I've got about 3 airfields left to do and then the roads (which won't take me anywhere as long as before).

I'm really looking forward to releasing this!

Joe

- GBrutus - 24.04.2008

Amazing work, Canon. Can't wait to see this gem completed. Smile

- Fay King - 24.04.2008

canonuk Wrote:Work has re-commenced on my map. I took a little break to skin some essential hangars for both the Luftwaffe and RAF, including camouflaged 'barn' style Luftwaffe hangars, Type 'J' and T-2 RAF hangars and other little bits and bobs.

So, now I'm cracking on with the BoB build of my map. I've got about 3 airfields left to do and then the roads (which won't take me anywhere as long as before).

I'm really looking forward to releasing this!

Joe

Wonderful news Joe. I think I speak for all of us in saying that we are looking forward to the release as well. I know my squad is VERY excited. Thank you for all your hard work and efforts, they are appreciated.

Justin