All-Aircraft-Simulations
ACTORS STATIC !!! - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: ACTORS STATIC !!! (/showthread.php?tid=51608)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- delvpier - 11.12.2007

Same problem here

I have 3G DDR, can't open Stalingrad, Murmansk, Kuban, Italy, Kiev...

With Moscow, Palau, Hawai, it works !

Not yet tried empty static, I don't really understand... maybe tomorrow, I have to sleep.

Good night... and good work

- fly_zo - 11.12.2007

delvpier Wrote:Same problem here

I have 3G DDR, can't open Stalingrad, Murmansk, Kuban, Italy, Kiev...

With Moscow, Palau, Hawai, it works !

Not yet tried empty static, I don't really understand... maybe tomorrow, I have to sleep.

Good night... and good work

thanks for the info .... so clearly it got nothing to do with our RAM ...

Z

- fly_zo - 11.12.2007

first success .... side by side take off .... Big Grin

[Image: sidebyside.jpg]

- CKY_86 - 11.12.2007

fly_zo Wrote:[quote="CKY_86"]How do you make an empty static file, and how can you make the map you load use it?

...make blank text file .....rename it to 1actors.static (no extension).... open load.ini and change name of actors.static to 1actors.static

[static]
actors.static

- FA_Cheech - 11.12.2007

Awesome Zoran! 8) :o

- fabianfred - 11.12.2007

fly_zo Wrote:first success .... side by side take off .... Big Grin

hey nice..... is that with several strips side-by-side ?

- fly_zo - 11.12.2007

fabianfred Wrote:
fly_zo Wrote:first success .... side by side take off .... Big Grin

hey nice..... is that with several strips side-by-side ?

yup .... and three flights .... can't imagine what would it take to get one flight to do it side by side

- lowfighter - 11.12.2007

So if it is not the RAM maybe it is that one or several plugins STILL have to be added to buildconf.ini.
What features have for example Kuban and Okinawa doesn't?

Edit:Never mind, stupid suggestion, woke up too early this morning hehe...

- Neil Lowe - 11.12.2007

Wicked stuff Z ........ hehe Smile

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..........eee

Cheers, Neil Smile

- JV69_BADA - 12.12.2007

the memory error comes from the opengl buffer or something like that, it's not the pc-ram itself, it looks so anyway. it's like there are to many objects/textures that opengl has to open....it would be worth a try in DX mode :wink:

Fly! great stuff you've done there...i couldn't play with the builder yesterday, has to scan for troyans :evil: ....
anyway, it's not really that simple, if someone could explain the elevation stuff, it would be nice Big Grin

- delvpier - 12.12.2007

JV69_BADA Wrote:the memory error comes from the opengl buffer or something like that, it's not the pc-ram itself, it looks so anyway. it's like there are to many objects/textures that opengl has to open....it would be worth a try in DX mode :wink:

Fly! great stuff you've done there...i couldn't play with the builder yesterday, has to scan for troyans :evil: ....
anyway, it's not really that simple, if someone could explain the elevation stuff, it would be nice Big Grin

Opengl buffer, I don't think so. I gave a try witx DX settings and Stalingrad, for example, doesn't load. It gives the same error memory ( Form1:il2fb.exe .....)

I have dual core with 3Gigas and Ati 1950pro 512 Mb

- lowfighter - 12.12.2007

Well I'm almost sure it's not the right way, but
use "peek" form height menu to pick the height you want to elevate other spots of different height
use "fill" from height menu to raise (or lower) terrain
use "blur" similarly

I'm not sure about peek, but how i do it. Select peek then move pointer to a spot and hit "insert". I think when you hit "insert" it memorises the height of the place where your pointer was.
Then I selet fill and move the poiner somewhere else and if I hit enter it will raise (or lower) the terrain there, create one pixel of land at elevation picked by "peek".
Raising works either in 2D or 3D mode.

But there must be a better way to choose elevation than what I found...

Something else: looks like placing forest or removing it creates some strange SciFi visual artifacts, also 2 or 3 times the game crashed after some work on a map (New Guinea)...

JV69_BADA Wrote:, if someone could explain the elevation stuff, it would be nice Big Grin

- fly_zo - 12.12.2007

lowfighter Wrote:Well I'm almost sure it's not the right way, but
use "peek" form height menu to pick the height you want to elevate other spots of different height
use "fill" from height menu to raise (or lower) terrain
use "blur" similarly

I'm not sure about peek, but how i do it. Select peek then move pointer to a spot and hit "insert". I think when you hit "insert" it memorises the height of the place where your pointer was.
Then I selet fill and move the poiner somewhere else and if I hit enter it will raise (or lower) the terrain there, create one pixel of land at elevation picked by "peek".
Raising works either in 2D or 3D mode.

But there must be a better way to choose elevation than what I found...

Something else: looks like placing forest or removing it creates some strange SciFi visual artifacts, also 2 or 3 times the game crashed after some work on a map (New Guinea)...

JV69_BADA Wrote:, if someone could explain the elevation stuff, it would be nice Big Grin

...nice tuto Lowfighter ( just what i needed Big Grin )

... tried add bridges option and all bridges are out of place ( didn't try them in game though ) ... on normandy map .

... keep on trying guys ....

Z

- Neil Lowe - 12.12.2007

From what I've found so far is that the terrain is lowered and raised using the mouse wheel(roll) in 3d view. Use the right click menu to select the grid size the changes will be made over. ie 1x1 is one point at a time, 9x9 is a grid 9 points by 9 points all moved at the same time.

Hope this helps. Smile

Cheers, Neil Smile

- lowfighter - 12.12.2007

Yes :!: :!: :!: Thanks Neil, that's the way Big Grin