All-Aircraft-Simulations
[WIP] KTO Map Upgrade {Taking Requests} - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: [WIP] KTO Map Upgrade {Taking Requests} (/showthread.php?tid=65791)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Duc - 03.11.2009

Okay here are the problem areas I mentioned in my previous post.

The random airfield plate in the jungle just outside of the K-14 airbase:

[Image: il2fb2009110221135881.png]

Then the other airfield plate issue I found was at the K-8 field:

[Image: il2fb2009110223541484.png]

[Image: il2fb2009110300030346.png]

Then some fun shots 8) :

Damn this map looks great in a Sabre at 6:00 in the morning.
[Image: il2fb2009110221184428.png] Big Grin

Just a nice airfield scene that I liked down at the K-8 field.
[Image: il2fb2009110300052774.png]

Thanks Duc - Dixiecapt - 03.11.2009

Thansks for the help Duc, I will take care of that plate.

Duc with K-8 you are having an issue with plates. There is a Mod that makes certain PCP and Groud plates look like Dark PCP on dirt. I stumbled upon this myself last spring. I think it Might be Flushies Airfield Textures. This will also turn the Seoul Racetrack (10th Corps) airfield green, when it should be dirt.

I'm going to add some of Flushies Bumpification Textures to the KTO map Upgrade ( with his permission) so people wont have to have the Mod. Mainly because I want this to be UI compatible and that mod (im pretty sure) doesn't come with UI 1.2.

Duc test KTO with out flushies Airbase textures and see what happens. If that doesn't fix it I will help you find the file that is causing it.

By The Way, Great Shot's Duc! Love the F-51 @ Kunsan Shot!

- EasyRider - 03.11.2009

Ive noticed whenever textures whether they are from buildings or runway plates or whatever...

whenever they over lap to build something there is usually a noticeable flickering effect while looking at where the textures over lap.
This flickering effects FPS drastically and I have fraps running so as too be able to see what the reaction is FPS wise when looking at over lapping textures.

When I build in the FMB and I am merging objects or over lapping objects I always zoom in and out to view the texture over-lapping from different distances and angles,
if I see any flickering at all I abandon what I am trying to do and I then instead come up with a more viable solution to what I am trying to build.

I have found that some objects merge or over lap better than others where as some objects should never be merged together or over lapped in any way as they just become a killer on fps.

I personally do not like runway plates being over lapped on top of one another as I have yet to find a way to be able to do it with out this texture flickering and FPS issue,
they all must be butted up to one another like the way stock IL-2 maps are made.No stock IL-2 maps have any textures from objects over lapping one on top of another and I believe they all were made like that for a specific reason.This over laying of runway plates ,Blankfieldplates,ete ete causes FPS issues and I have investigated this further with the Blankfieldplate with a colored texture on it.Butted up carefully it works fine with very very little FPS issues no matter how many plates are on the map.When carelessly laid down though overlapping in places far more than needed and especially when plates are turned on angle on top of one another FPS become a huge issue even with very few plates on the map.One thing to note though is that this FPS issue only comes into play when said over lapping objects are visable on the PC monitor when you are playing the game.Only what is visible at the time it is visible effects FPS.The more stuff visible on your monitor at any given time of objects that are over lapped Tthe more the overlapped objects will bring down your FPS.

This is a serious concern with maps being made IMHO,
I prefer not to over lap any plates of any kind for this reason and I build airfields with runway plates very carefully and with only butting the plates up too one another...
which is the way Oleg Maddox and Company built the original stock airfields and I believe all airfields should be built on a map IMHO

Just noticed from the above pics all the runway plates over lapping all over and thought I would comment on what I have observed using runway plates ete
Really no big deal if you have a good strong running PC like I do,but for those that don't over lapping plates are extremely cumbersome on slow pc's

Easy

- Aviar - 03.11.2009

Dixiecapt,

My airfield at K-8 looks exactly like Duc's, and I am running a stock UI 1.2....no other mods except a couple of beta planes (Sabre and MiG-15).

It's the alignment of runway plates that is the issue, not the color. If you recall, I had PM'd you about this a few months ago, as well as the issue about coastal roads going straight into the water, mostly on the eastern coastline.

Aviar

Re: Thanks Duc - Duc - 03.11.2009

Dixiecapt Wrote:Thansks for the help Duc, I will take care of that plate.

Duc with K-8 you are having an issue with plates. There is a Mod that makes certain PCP and Groud plates look like Dark PCP on dirt. I stumbled upon this myself last spring. I think it Might be Flushies Airfield Textures. This will also turn the Seoul Racetrack (10th Corps) airfield green, when it should be dirt.

I'm going to add some of Flushies Bumpification Textures to the KTO map Upgrade ( with his permission) so people wont have to have the Mod. Mainly because I want this to be UI compatible and that mod (im pretty sure) doesn't come with UI 1.2.

Duc test KTO with out flushies Airbase textures and see what happens. If that doesn't fix it I will help you find the file that is causing it.

By The Way, Great Shot's Duc! Love the F-51 @ Kunsan Shot!

Alright I'll check out those plates in a bit and see if that's the issue. I'll look around the map for some more tonight and see if I can't round up a few more little issues.

- Dixiecapt - 04.11.2009

I am spending alot of time on the map. There is Nothing wrong with Kunsans plate color or placement, See Below. Therefor there is No reason for me to waste my free time re-doing Kunsan. If you are running TOTALY STOCK UI 1.2 and your having this issue then in UI 1.2 there is an Airfield Texture Mod. Go look at your Slot Map, the Airfields will be messed up there too. Kunsan (and alot of my airfields) were built using an item called PCP Plate.

This is Kunsan on my PC. What I will do (IF THIS IS A PROBLEM FOR MOST) is add a PCP Plate Mod to the map download that will fix your plates.

[Image: il2fb2009-11-0401-21-37-35.jpg]

BTW Namsi Airbase is Complete. It is the last of four new airfields that will be present on the KTO Upgrade. (Suwon, Pohang, Wonsan, and Namsi)

[Image: il2fb2009-11-0401-24-09-75.jpg]

[Image: il2fb2009-11-0401-23-37-13.jpg]

[Image: il2fb2009-11-0401-23-17-50.jpg]

Edit: Final Touch on Namsi (Note all of the wonderful targets for high altitude bombers from Japan. However, just as in history, Any B-29's attacking Namsi better have good fighter cover. because Namsi can hold a tone of Mig and scramble them fast with the wide runway. A hornets nest in minutes.)

[Image: il2fb2009-11-0402-12-42-52.jpg]

[Image: il2fb2009-11-0402-12-54-74.jpg]

- PA-Dore - 04.11.2009

First, scuse for my bad english Language ;-)

Second, many thanks for the beta map ;-) This map is now included in the new HistorySFX4.0. So I captured it for SEOW (Scorched Earth Online War) for online campaigns.

Nice missions with F9F2 Panther and F80C Shooting Star ;-). The map is large but very light for online, specially with HistorySFX4.0 ;-) Great pleasure.

FIRST LOOK

login: pa
password: pa

Rollover the mouse on icons for details and right clic on the map to get others functions.

The new SEOW release include a online Radar, you can see it by clicking on "Radar Control Centre"
Use grey radar map

When the new map will be done, I'll update it.
Perhaps, will be possible to have two map versions, one normal and one online-light map with a lower actorsstatic.ini? I hope so ;-)
And specially for SEOW, it will be nice to have 3 or 4 factory and fuel objects in Taegu and Wonsan (3 chimneys object) and some Railways stations .

Thanks again for your work.

- Aviar - 04.11.2009

"This is Kunsan on my PC. What I will do (IF THIS IS A PROBLEM FOR MOST) is add a PCP Plate Mod to the map download that will fix your plates."

Well, I couldn't tell you how many people see Kunsan Airfield the way Duc's screenshot portrays it. You would have to do some kind of poll. I was only trying to add to the information base. Since I am running, basically, a clean UI 1.2, I thought it might be something you would want to know.

It's interesting that Kunsan is the only airfield that seems to be affected. All of the other airfields look fine, at least on my computer.

[Image: kunsan.th.png]

Aviar

- me109 - 04.11.2009

Very nice Work waiting for release Big Grin

- Duc - 04.11.2009

Wow it's coming along great Dixie! Can't wait for the release, the new airfields look amazing. That would be great if you could post a link to that plate mod when you release the update of the map, it would be greatly appreciated by those of us who are seeing those other plates. I'll keep searching for bugs as I make missions and what not. I'm having such a good time with this map, I can't wait for the campaigns that come around, maybe I'll try to make one. Hmmm... Anyway, thanks a lot for this Dixiecapt.

- US_GRANT - 04.11.2009

Aviar Wrote:"This is Kunsan on my PC. What I will do (IF THIS IS A PROBLEM FOR MOST) is add a PCP Plate Mod to the map download that will fix your plates."

Well, I couldn't tell you how many people see Kunsan Airfield the way Duc's screenshot portrays it. You would have to do some kind of poll. I was only trying to add to the information base. Since I am running, basically, a clean UI 1.2, I thought it might be something you would want to know.

It's interesting that Kunsan is the only airfield that seems to be affected. All of the other airfields look fine, at least on my computer.

[Image: kunsan.th.png]

Aviar

Yeah, Kunson looks that way on mine too.

- Dixiecapt - 06.11.2009

It kills me what your PCP plates are looking like. I will find the 3do file that houses the airfield plates. I bet I have a patch there (so to speak) because I downloaded the Dirty PCP mod along time ago.

Suwon, Pohang, some of Wonson, are all covered in PCP plank plates. Steel mat.

I will try and add an (optional) fix to this with the KTO upgrade

- Aviar - 09.11.2009

Dixiecapt Wrote:It kills me what your PCP plates are looking like.

That's nice of you, but it's really not that big of a deal. As long as you realize that we are not complaining...we are simply reporting these issues to you, as you requested. It's up to you if you wish to fix them or not. I think most people are probably happy with the map just as it is right now.

Aviar

- Fryslanboy - 09.11.2009

It looks really great mate! Big Grin

- Dixiecapt - 09.11.2009

Aviar,

being the author or "artist" of this map means im probably more harsh on my own work.

I think the black on dirt PCP plates look aweful on Kunsan, it is Never how the map was intended to look.

That is why I will be adding a optional retexturing of the PCP plates in the KTO Upgrade.

I have some texture work to do, and I am waiting for some Map ed work that is being sent my way and this Map will be ready for re-release.