All-Aircraft-Simulations
[MOD] vkg_El_Alamein - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: [MOD] vkg_El_Alamein (/showthread.php?tid=63746)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- Catahoulak9 - 18.08.2009

viking4570,

Just downloaded and installed the new 1.2 version following your instructions (deleting your old files) and everything works perfectly. The map really is beautiful, a true work of art, and with a full set of quick missions to get up and running... it doesn't get any better than this.

Well done!

- viking4570 - 18.08.2009

Catahoulak9 Wrote:viking4570,

Just downloaded and installed the new 1.2 version following your instructions (deleting your old files) and everything works perfectly. The map really is beautiful, a true work of art, and with a full set of quick missions to get up and running... it doesn't get any better than this.

Well done!

Thank you! -viking

- acred99 - 18.08.2009

:???: How do you properly install this ? there are 2 folders, and I have already installed the Mods folder into my mods folder. Which I don't think I should of done, because it won't let me delete it now, plus there is another folder too. There is not enough instruction here how to do it properly, very frustrating and time consuming. You guy's assume everyone is up to your computer programing expertise, but I think a lot of people out there are not.

I am ditching this install untill someone gets back to me. Even the self extracting one said it could not find the proper "path"

Please try and make these installs idiot proof for us, because one wrong install can stuff the whole game up. You see it all the time on the posted threads by frustrated gamers like myself.

Other than this, Moders rule ! thanks guy's, love what you are doing.

Cheers

- viking4570 - 18.08.2009

step 1 ) put the folder 'vkg_El_Alamein"

in mods\mapmods\maps\

step 2) put the folder "vkg_Egypt"

in mods\mapmods\maps\_tex\vkg_textures\

step 3) add the following line to your all.ini:

vkg_El_Alamein_BP vkg_El_Alamein/load_blank_plate.ini

step 4) put the twelve missions beginning with the name "vkg_El_Alamein_BP" in missions\quick\

step 5) add to your conf.ini in the [QUICK] section the line "customXX=vkg_El_Alamein_BP" where XX = the next sequential number in your list of [QUICK] missions.

Start your game. Play hard.

I don't think I can be any clearer than that.

cheers, and good luck - viking

- MrGoldfinger - 19.08.2009

YES, your map is now still running. Very good map, btw. Thank you for your work!

- CPS.fraggmann - 19.08.2009

Beautiful map..too bad it is only for U.I. Lots of us wont be able to enjoy your work. Nice work though.

- viking4570 - 19.08.2009

CPS.fraggmann Wrote:Beautiful map..too bad it is only for U.I. Lots of us wont be able to enjoy your work. Nice work though.

It's not only for UI.

Mods needed: as stated in the lead post:

LAL RONE hangars and fortifications, and dlv Egypt objects. That's all you should need to run it. I don't even use the UI myself, but I do test my maps to be compatible with the UI, since many do use it. -viking

EDIT follows is an exchange from the SAS boards, thought I just reproduce it here as it is relevant to this issue - as noted below my goal is to have the "blank plate" version of the map compatible with a 4.09 install modded only with LAL Rone hangars and fortifications, and dlv's Egypt objects.

[Image: SAS.jpg]

- FZ - 19.08.2009

.... a big THX,Viking for your talent and for sharing it, just back home now and the first thing I did was install your new version, 1.2, and I can AT LAST land on your beautiful map without breaking my plane ... Big Grin

Did I have too many beers during my holidays or did you improve the textures some more Viking ??? 'cause they look even more beautiful than when I left home ... Confusedhock:

- viking4570 - 19.08.2009

FZ Wrote:.... a big THX,Viking for your talent and for sharing it, just back home now and the first thing I did was install your new version, 1.2, and I can AT LAST land on your beautiful map without breaking my plane ... Big Grin

Did I have too many beers during my holidays or did you improve the textures some more Viking ??? 'cause they look even more beautiful than when I left home ... Confusedhock:

Glad to hear it - now any hard landings you'll only have yourself to blame - :wink:

re the textures - I adjusted the coloring of the airfield textures, but left the others alone (I think, I might have adjusted the brightness of some - I am always tinkering a bit :lol: ) . I *did* edit a bunch of the BumpH files to fine tune the effects. Cheers - viking

- CPS.fraggmann - 19.08.2009

Thank-you Viking. I will reinstall as per your instructions.

Compatibility Patch - viking4570 - 19.08.2009

This small patch removes the two union jack flags on the map - with this patch the map will load and save with a base install of 4.09 plus LAL Rone fortification and Hangar mods plus dlv Egypt objects mod. Extract to your root directory and overwrite when asked.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5vttt1mzm ... _v1.21.zip

and special thanks to Forager for running this to ground!

Cheers - viking

- Forager - 19.08.2009

viking4570, you're welcome and the patch worked fine.

- GF_Mastiff - 20.08.2009

viking4570 Wrote:step 1 ) put the folder 'vkg_El_Alamein"

in mods\mapmods\maps\

step 4) put the twelve missions beginning with the name "vkg_El_Alamein_BP" in missions\quick\

step 5) add to your conf.ini in the [QUICK] section the line "customXX=vkg_El_Alamein_BP" where XX = the next sequential number in your list of [QUICK] missions.

Mmm was there an error in this part "12 mission vkg_EL Alamein_BP" I did not see this in the KT_eastafrica install?

- viking4570 - 20.08.2009

GF_Mastiff Wrote:
viking4570 Wrote:step 1 ) put the folder 'vkg_El_Alamein"

in mods\mapmods\maps\

Mmm was there an error in this part "12 mission vkg_EL Alamein_BP" I did not see this in the KT_eastafrica install?

Step 4 and 5 only relate to allowing the map to show in the qmb+. I don't know how KT East Africa was configured to be installed, or whether it included any qmb+ missions, but if it didn't step 4 and 5 would not be relevant. -viking

- Ectoflyer - 22.08.2009

downloaded and flyed your map: fantastic!
thank you Viking, you give us maps of the highest quality! Big Grin