All-Aircraft-Simulations
ACTORS STATIC !!! - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: ACTORS STATIC !!! (/showthread.php?tid=51608)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- JV69_BADA - 16.12.2007

Blind-deck's :?

hmm, i like that map editor Big Grin
anyway...

working on a desert map, i tried the 2 version of sandy runways...and i don't like it :evil:

so, is there a way to work with the "invisible" runways? how to place them with no error?

i really would like to make some parking starts and using the standart runways doesn't look good on the map, so.........?

- FC - 16.12.2007

JV69_BADA Wrote:Blind-deck's :?

hmm, i like that map editor Big Grin
anyway...

working on a desert map, i tried the 2 version of sandy runways...and i don't like it :evil:

so, is there a way to work with the "invisible" runways? how to place them with no error?

i really would like to make some parking starts and using the standart runways doesn't look good on the map, so.........?

Use one of visible runways while you are working, when time comes you will change them to invisible runways, don't worry.

- JV69_BADA - 17.12.2007

thanks FC! :twisted:

here a little alpha-test preview,

coast,west of Darnah:
[Image: testcoast.jpg]

- lorenai - 17.12.2007

All, I have one question concerning the new tweaked editor. :oops: is it possible to generate new map_F.tga's for self-made maps with this stuff? :roll:

- fly_zo - 17.12.2007

lorenai Wrote:All, I have one question concerning the new tweaked editor. :oops: is it possible to generate new map_F.tga's for self-made maps with this stuff? :roll:

nope, that was first thing i have tried but no luck ( i don't know for maps madden from scratch, though)

Z

- 6S.Maraz - 17.12.2007

JV69_BADA Wrote:thanks FC! :twisted:

here a little alpha-test preview,

coast,west of Darnah:

That's nice!
Are the texture final? I think there are better textures around than those reddish textures from the old desert map, for instance those used by Vp_media for his SandsOfTime mods, or the newer desert_online map.

The rocky coast is very good, it's not easy to be rendered, considering the game limitations concerning slopes.

Maraz

- JV69_BADA - 17.12.2007

actually, the rocks are "red" on the lybian coast, from the pictures i could find on the net at least, then further east, the coast becomes more flat in egypt's direction with white sandy beaches east of soloum, and about the sand, it has also the "pinkish" look but will also use the online desert textures for the all the aeras with more rocks than sand .
and no that is absolutely not final, far from to be, it's just an early alpha test Big Grin

- lorenai - 17.12.2007

fly_zo Wrote:
lorenai Wrote:All, I have one question concerning the new tweaked editor. :oops: is it possible to generate new map_F.tga's for self-made maps with this stuff? :roll:

nope, that was first thing i have tried but no luck ( i don't know for maps madden from scratch, though)

Z

hmm it's a pity. i already suspected these map_F.tga's are not connected with the actual map at all and it needs to create them manually. but it's really difficult to do from 'zero' level. maybe this editor generates something else, and stuff being gotten by this gives an ability to create it more easiest? I mean something like ed_m02.tga or some other scaled patterns. btw where to get this tweaked editor, i'd like to touch it by my own hands. Smile

- asheshouse - 17.12.2007

If you have already made map_c and map_T then it is very easy, if you know the basics of photoshop or similar software to create map_F and ed_* series images, using map_c and mao_T as the source for selecting, copying and pasting various elements. Getting map_c right first I think is the key, then you can use this as a master template for all the other images. When you reduce it you must avoid re-sampling of pixels otherwise you will end up with odd "artifacts".
I keep an original game version available in another window and use it to sample the colours, in order to keep the IL-2 look.

- 6S.Maraz - 17.12.2007

lorenai Wrote:hmm it's a pity. i already suspected these map_F.tga's are not connected with the actual map at all and it needs to create them manually

For creating map_F.tga I have taken screenshots from the FMB at the lowest resolution which shoes the actual textures, then I have assembled them to a single file and resized.

But this is practical only for small maps with few lands areas.

Otherwise you can start from map_T.tga, and assign to each texture pixel a visual color (e.g. for wood you will assign dark green, for cultivated land a lighter green, for rock light grey, etc).

Then you must make transparent all sea areas, and save as 32 bits TGA.

Maraz

- Catsy - 17.12.2007

Hello,

I am new here and I am very interested to make maps for il2.
Can somebody send this tool to me?

Thank you for avence.
Spaw

- Skunkmeister - 18.12.2007

Has anyone had any success with the "Paste from file" option when you right click?

- fly_zo - 18.12.2007

Skunkmeister Wrote:Has anyone had any success with the "Paste from file" option when you right click?

nop, for now only errors here .......

Z

- 6S.Maraz - 18.12.2007

fly_zo Wrote:
Skunkmeister Wrote:Has anyone had any success with the "Paste from file" option when you right click?

Z

It seems it works, input file must be in the format of actors.static file

Maraz

- fly_zo - 18.12.2007

6S.Maraz Wrote:
fly_zo Wrote:

Z

It seems it works, input file must be in the format of actors.static file

Maraz

well i did try that ..... ah, will try again than .... thanks

Z