All-Aircraft-Simulations
ACTORS STATIC !!! - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: ACTORS STATIC !!! (/showthread.php?tid=51608)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- 6S.Maraz - 18.12.2007

fly_zo Wrote:well i did try that ..... ah, will try again than .... thanks

Z

Whati I found is that if the "source" map is larger than the one you are importing into, some or even all objects may fall out of map and so may not be displayed.

Bye
Maraz

- Skunkmeister - 18.12.2007

I think I may have discovered how to open the maps that we currently are unable to. I havent done any testing, but while fiddling with my bigger Slot map, I moved all the static objects I had placed for my smaller map by selecting all then moving them. But I got an error if I moved them too far, the same error that you guys are having trying to open maps like Crimea and Finland.

I think the problem comes from the texts file, not the actors.static. I'm not garanteeing anything because I havent tested it, but try opening these maps with a blank texts file.

- Neil Lowe - 18.12.2007

Skunkmeister Wrote:I think I may have discovered how to open the maps that we currently are unable to. I havent done any testing, but while fiddling with my bigger Slot map, I moved all the static objects I had placed for my smaller map by selecting all then moving them. But I got an error if I moved them too far, the same error that you guys are having trying to open maps like Crimea and Finland.

I think the problem comes from the texts file, not the actors.static. I'm not garanteeing anything because I havent tested it, but try opening these maps with a blank texts file.

Interesting.....will have a look.

Cheers, Neil Smile

- lorenai - 19.12.2007

one question Sirs, does someone already know how to create a normal coatline or rivers with this tweaked editor? And the second one: How to use textures being not listed in the tileslist?

- delvpier - 19.12.2007

Skunkmeister Wrote:I think I may have discovered how to open the maps that we currently are unable to. I havent done any testing, but while fiddling with my bigger Slot map, I moved all the static objects I had placed for my smaller map by selecting all then moving them. But I got an error if I moved them too far, the same error that you guys are having trying to open maps like Crimea and Finland.

Well, I have no problem to open any "unopenable" map, as Crimea !

You have only to open actors.static with notepad --> Select all --> Delete --> Save and you have an empty one.

Just put this actors.static and load.ini in Files\Maps\Crimea, make references for these files in flielist and you can open it in FMB...

Regards.

- lowfighter - 19.12.2007

Hi lorenai,
I don't understand well the questions. Could you please enlarge?
And what is tilelist? Maybe filelist?

lorenai Wrote:one question Sirs, does someone already know how to create a normal coatline or rivers with this tweaked editor? And the second one: How to use textures being not listed in the tileslist?

Delvpier,
we know about that, but the question is how to open a map with all things on it. Say I want to delete some airfields from Kuban, I need then to open the map with the original actors.static if I want to do that.

I noticed also: when inserting forest, it goes ok till a certain point when the colors are getting crazy on the screen. I think it's still a sort of memory problem, sure a weird one.
Once I did the following: loaded one map which I knew it won't load, say Stalingrad. While loading I had the task manager showing me the memory usage. The memory usage went to about 700 MB, up to the point when I got the error message. I have 1 Giga of RAM. You guys having more that 1 giga, could you please repeat this memory usage test?

delvpier Wrote:

Well, I have no problem to open any "unopenable" map, as Crimea !

You have only to open actors.static with notepad --> Select all --> Delete --> Save and you have an empty one.

Just put this actors.static and load.ini in Files\Maps\Crimea, make references for these files in flielist and you can open it in FMB...

Regards.

- FC - 19.12.2007

I think that game allocates certain amount of memory for use in FMB when limit is reached game crashes. Problem is that we don't know how enhanced FMB is supposed to work and I don't think that Oleg will come here and tell us.

Anyway, Christmas is near and those who were good boys can expect presents under the tree, at least that is what my parents told me when i was a boy.

Santa, am I a good boy? :? :wink:

- lorenai - 19.12.2007

lowfighter Wrote:Hi lorenai,
I don't understand well the questions. Could you please enlarge?
And what is tilelist? Maybe filelist?
I meant the way to use land textures from italian map or new African. I didn't find them out in the list in tweaked map editor.

ps, question about the rivers and coastline still is. Smile is ti possible to do only directly inside the map_t.tga?

- 6S.Maraz - 19.12.2007

lorenai Wrote:I meant the way to use land textures from italian map or new African. I didn't find them out in the list in tweaked map editor.

You should recall the texture you want to use in tour load.ini, under lowland, lowland0, lowland1, etc...

Quote:ps, question about the rivers and coastline still is. Smile is ti possible to do only directly inside the map_t.tga?

No, only in map_c.tga. And I do not think that this can be edited within the FMB

Maraz

Bridge Building - asheshouse - 19.12.2007

A question ----- Has anyone worked out how to place bridges on the map in FMB.
I've had a brief try at it but seem to have trouble orientating the bridge with the road or rail links.
I expect its quite simple. Just haven't worked out how to do it yet.

Re: Bridge Building - JV69_BADA - 19.12.2007

asheshouse Wrote:A question ----- Has anyone worked out how to place bridges on the map in FMB.
I've had a brief try at it but seem to have trouble orientating the bridge with the road or rail links.
I expect its quite simple. Just haven't worked out how to do it yet.

nope, have the same pb, just for the only one bridge on the map Big Grin

Bridge Building Solved - asheshouse - 20.12.2007

The solution was in this thread all the time --- on page 5

You need to set more Hot-Key options in conf.ini

I have used these entries

Shift NumPad-4=bridgeLeft
Shift NumPad-6=bridgeRight
Shift NumPad-8=bridgeOffset+
Shift NumPad-2=bridgeOffset-

bridgeLeft - rotates anticlockwise
bridgeRight - rotates clockwise
Offset moves the bridge along the axis of the route, but only up to half a pixel each way.

In addition Home and End rotates through the list of bridge options
Page Up/Down increases or reduces the number of spans

When you insert a bridge the left end is positioned on the nearest pixel centre so you need to make sure the cursor is over the correct grid intersect. Cant see any way to move the insertion point other than delete and re-insert.

Minimum bridge size is 3 pixels, 600m, comprising 200m of bridge with 200m of road each side. The bridge can be offset from the centre using the hotkeys listed above. The bridge must be located on ground at zero level otherwise the road sections on each side will be below ground.

I did try to simulate a tunnel by placing a long bridge and raising the ground in the central section to cover the bridge. Next time the file was opened in FMB the ground had been lowered automatically. Also tried running roads under rail bridges. FMB wont accept this either.

These Hot-Key commands are obviously vital. It would be a good idea to standardise the setup.
The Shift NumPad setup I have used may clash with existing setups that others are using.

- JV69_BADA - 20.12.2007

thanks! Big Grin