All-Aircraft-Simulations
Singapore re-texture & airfield edit - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: Singapore re-texture & airfield edit (/showthread.php?tid=53012)

Pages: 1 2

Singapore re-texture & airfield edit - CKY_86 - 19.03.2008

Hello everyone.

My current project is re-texturing the Singapore map with much better looking ones & also editing two airfields to my own designs. I will hopefully release it once it is finished.

Here are a few screenshots of one of the airfields im playing with:

[Image: grab0000po8.jpg]

[Image: grab0001yn3.jpg]

[Image: grab0002wb4.jpg]

The textures at the moment are a very WIP. For the time being ive left them as they look so I can concentrate on the airfields.

I have some questions:

As you can see, the default grass groundplates overlap the concreate ones. Is there anyway I can put the concreate overtop the grass groundplates?

I got the memory bug thing when I tried to open the normal actors.static so im working with a clean one. Once im happy with what ive done, can I copy everything from the old actors.static onto the one im using?

Thanks everyone & please post comments if you have them Smile

- canonuk - 19.03.2008

The order of the groundplates doesn't seem to be controllable. Sometimes the one you want is on top, sometimes it flickers and you see the other one. I just modify the angle of the plates so that different types don't overlap.

Re: Singapore re-texture & airfield edit - fly_zo - 19.03.2008

CKY_86 Wrote:I got the memory bug thing when I tried to open the normal actors.static so im working with a clean one. Once im happy with what ive done, can I copy everything from the old actors.static onto the one im using?

Thanks everyone & please post comments if you have them Smile

jup, m8 .... run original actors file through Act tool and you'll get bunch of outxx.txt files .... in different folder do the same with your new actors ..... now just copy contains from outxx.txt ( your new actors) files into outxx.txt files of original actors .... rename them inxx.txt and run tool to get merged actors.file .... ( see readme .... cos in some cases sequence numbers are important)

cheers,
Z

- CKY_86 - 20.03.2008

How do I run the original actors.static through the Act tool mate?

Cheers Smile

- fly_zo - 20.03.2008

CKY_86 Wrote:How do I run the original actors.static through the Act tool mate?

Cheers Smile

make folder sing_original

put in it act tool files ( along with bat files you need to create for tool to work )

put original actors.static in it

run : extract.bat ( or whatever you may named it )

cheers,
Z

- CKY_86 - 20.03.2008

Cheers fly_zo mate, will try that when im done with the airfields & textures Smile

The first of the airfields is complete & im quite pleased with how its turned out. I still need to edit the taxi points & set it as an airfield but im going to leave this step untill last.

Also, I tried to add some woodland around the airfield in the FMB, but when I opended the map up again the wood I added dissapered. Anyone ever experianced that before?

Screenshots of the compleated airfield:

[Image: grab0000us5.jpg]

[Image: grab0001nt4.jpg]

[Image: grab0002kb9.jpg]

Onto number 2 Big Grin

- fly_zo - 20.03.2008

.... move your newly created files ( unlockFMB) from gameroot\maps\"yourmap" to mods\mapmods\maps\"your map" and voila changes will reappear .... don't ask ... it's magic :wink:

Z

- CKY_86 - 20.03.2008

Once again I owe thanks to you fly_zo :wink:

- fabianfred - 20.03.2008

I use a free program called 'Freecommander' ...which is an alternative to windows explorer

it has two screens so you can compare them and I have the left hand one on the file in MAPS...and the right hand one open on the file in MODS ...so after any changes I can just quickly open it and copy across in a few seconds

- CKY_86 - 21.03.2008

Thanks for the tip fabianfred, i'll look into that. Smile
Done quite alot today. Ive made the second airfield & started on a therd, which I have almost finished. I must say though, that im not really all that happy with airfield number 2 so I might go back an re-edit it.

Went back to the first airfield & put a couple more objects on it & also added it as an airfield in the FMB, but the start position of the aircraft on the runway still needs some minor edits. made a little flight in the standard mission builder & the pictures below are from it:

[Image: grab0000lz3.jpg]

[Image: grab0001vg3.jpg]

Tomorrow I will post pictures of the other two airfields im working on Smile

- _1SMV_Gitano - 22.03.2008

CKY_86 Wrote:[Image: grab0000lz3.jpg]

Nice!!!

- CKY_86 - 23.03.2008

Cheers Gitano Smile

Apologies for not posting yesterday like I said I would. Got a bit hung-up with other things.

Work has been progressing very quickly & I have done more airfields then originaly stated. There will now be 6 airfields of different designs. some screenshots of 3 airfields:

[Image: grab0000cw8.jpg]

[Image: grab0001dm8.jpg]

[Image: grab0002em7.jpg]

If all goes well, I should have this map edit finished by today. I will keep objects on airfields to a bare minimum as I know people like to play with the FMB & create amazing things from it.

- fabianfred - 23.03.2008

It IS fun working with the Tools FMB isn't it........for all of us kids who used to like lego (or rather Meccano in my youth)

- CKY_86 - 23.03.2008

Yes it is rather fun. Been having a blast making these airfields.

Screenshots of the last two:

[Image: grab0000vq6.jpg]

[Image: grab0003lz6.jpg]

[Image: grab0004ws7.jpg]

Thats all the airfields done & now im in the process of adding the taxi-ways & stay points, but have been having a problem with that. Once an AI aircraft lands on the runway it dissaperes soon after, on the runway.

- canonuk - 23.03.2008

It doesn't like your taxi and stay points. They need to be well spaced and the stay points mustn't be near any objects.