All-Aircraft-Simulations
Need help for Java error message of not saving maps [SOLVED] - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: Need help for Java error message of not saving maps [SOLVED] (/showthread.php?tid=56065)

Need help for Java error message of not saving maps [SOLVED] - delvpier - 26.08.2008

As mentioned in many posts, some people have trouble with some maps. They can load in FMB or play a mission.... but they can't save a mission in FMB.

For example I made a Northern Philippines / Formose at the same size exactly than the Philippines I released as beta... with Philippines map I can save missions but with Philippines / Formose I can't, even if I can load in FMB or play a mission by hardcoding a .mis file made with one other map

I have this trouble with some other maps, ie Cannon Channel map first release I couldn't save any mission and now with last release I can...

For this trouble, we get allways the same Java error message (no other mods installed than Mod Activator and version 4.09b1m)

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.maddox.il2.objects.Statics.saveStateHouses(Statics.java:371)
at com.maddox.il2.builder.PlMisDestruction.save(PlMisDestruction.java:198)
at com.maddox.il2.builder.Plugin.doSave(Plugin.java:260)
at com.maddox.il2.builder.PlMission.save(PlMission.java:154)
at com.maddox.il2.builder.PlMission$10.result(PlMission.java:337)
at com.maddox.gwindow.GWindowFileBox.endExec(GWindowFileBox.java:82)
at com.maddox.il2.builder.PlMission$DlgFileConfirmSave.exec(PlMisssion.java:474)
at com.maddox.gwindow.GWindowFileBox.doResult(GWindowFileBox.java:96)
at com.maddox.gwindow.GWindowFileBox$Client.notify(GWindowFileBox.java:145)
at com.maddox.gwindow.GWindow.notify(GWindow.java:143)
at com.maddox.gwindow.GWindowDialogControl._notify(GWindowDialogControl.java:51)
at com.maddox.gwindow.GWindow.DialogControl.mouseClick(GWindowDialogControl.java:86)
at com.maddox.gwindow.GWindow._mouseButton(GWindow.java:514)
at com.maddox.gwindow.GWindowRoot.doMouseButton(GWindowRoot.java:251)
at com.maddox.gwindow.GWindowManager.doMouseButton(GWindowManager.java:69)
at com.maddox.il2.engine.GUIWindowManager.msgMouseButton(GUIWindowManager.java:126)
at com.maddox.rts.MsgMouse.invokeListener(MsgMouse.java:98 )
at com.maddox.rts.Message._send(Message.java:1217)
at com.maddox.rts.Message.sendToObject(Message.java:1191)
at com.maddox.rts.Message.sendToArray(Message.java:1147)
at com.maddox.rts.Message.sendTo(Message.java:1128)
at com.maddox.rts.Message.trySend(Message.java:1115)
at com.maddox.rts.Time.loopMessages(Time.java:180)
at com.maddox.rts.RTSConf.loopMsgs(RTSConf.java:100)
at com.maddox.il2.game.MainWin3D.loopApp(MainWin3D.java:131)
at com.maddox.il2.game.Main.exec(Main.java:436)
at com.maddox.il2.game.GameWin3D.main(GameWin3D.java:235)

I think it could really help many people through this community to get an issue.

So please, there are people who have a really good knownledge of Java part of IL-2, I think about Mr Jolly or FC or SG_Wasy maybe some else....

COULD YOU HELP US PLEASE ? :wink:

- fly_zo - 26.08.2008

IMHO, you have misplaced/lacking/misnamed some of custom objects files

Code:
at com.maddox.il2.objects.Statics.saveStateHouses(Statics.java:371)
at com.maddox.il2.builder.PlMisDestruction.save(PlMisDestruction.java:198)

so check your static.ini for right lines (path) for all custom objects you may have ....

also make sure you have objects for version4.09b1m present in your static.ini

default static.ini for 4.09b1m can be obtained here :

(The link is inoperative)

Z

Re: Need help for Java error message of not saving maps - canonuk - 26.08.2008

delvpier Wrote:I have this trouble with some other maps, ie Cannon Channel map first release I couldn't save any mission and now with last release I can...

I agree with Fly_zo - the problem you had with my map initially was because I had forgotten to include a static object with the download. Once you had that it was fine.

Thanks Fly and Canon for reply but... - delvpier - 26.08.2008

well, I don't think so because I tried with :

1/ empty actors.static ---> NO same error message

2/ actors.static with only 1 bridge, 2 airdrome ground points, a few runway points ---> NO same message

3/ I had this problem with Canon Channel AND empty actors.static or basic as above... I tried it but NO... only your last release worked on my computer... now I've made fresh install without any other mod than Mod activator

4/ same message with some other maps (ie Kwajalein or my Sinai map at the start...) for which I don't see posts reporting this bug

So I think it has to do with something else... but what ???

Ideas :
- map pixel size setting in Microdem and resizing resulting bmp to multiple of 32 in Gimp ???
- X size / Y size ratio ???
- something wrong in conf.ini or bldconf.ini ???

Re: Thanks Fly and Canon for reply but... - canonuk - 26.08.2008

delvpier Wrote:well, I don't think so because I tried with :

1/ empty actors.static ---> NO same error message

2/ actors.static with only 1 bridge, 2 airdrome ground points, a few runway points ---> NO same message

3/ I had this problem with Canon Channel AND empty actors.static or basic as above... I tried it but NO... only your last release worked on my computer... now I've made fresh install without any other mod than Mod activator

4/ same message with some other maps (ie Kwajalein or my Sinai map at the start...) for which I don't see posts reporting this bug

So I think it has to do with something else... but what ???

Ideas :
- map pixel size setting in Microdem and resizing resulting bmp to multiple of 32 in Gimp ???
- X size / Y size ratio ???
- something wrong in conf.ini or bldconf.ini ???

But nothing changed between my initial beta release and the release of the missing object. No changes to map size or anything. So, if it must be to do with missing objects. If it doesn't work, and then one thing changes and it works, the change was the thing that fixed it. That change was adding the missing object.

Joe

Seems to be solved - delvpier - 26.08.2008

Fly_zo gave me one idea by quoting part of java error message... but second line :wink:

So I deleted this line in bldconf.ini :

(buider.PlMisDestruction)

and now I can save a mission with my new Northern Philippines/Formose map... Big Grin

I didn't try yet with others for which I had trouble but it must be the same...

So it seems to deal with PlMisDestruction Plugin... BUT WHY ???????