All-Aircraft-Simulations
Tropical ( brown ) rivers. Possible?? - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: Tropical ( brown ) rivers. Possible?? (/showthread.php?tid=56648)

Tropical ( brown ) rivers. Possible?? - RealDarko - 25.09.2008

Is possible to have frozen rivers on a summer map without snow? If yes, can we change his texture to give a tropical river look? You know a more greenish/brwonish color. and If yes can we somehow made this river unfroze?
I will explain my idea. If frozen rivers are currently availalbe, seems that we can have more than one texture for the rivers, one for normal, one for frozen. Is possible to have different colos for the rivers then??
Thank's

- LAL_RONE - 25.09.2008

Yes of course.
Each load.ini have a water color defined by RGB process :

[WATER]
Water = water/Water.tga
WaterColorATI = 0.180 0.225 0.157
WaterColorNV = 0.214 0.272 0.232

So you can make red water !!

- Potenz - 25.09.2008

LAL_RONE Wrote:Yes of course.
Each load.ini have a water color defined by RGB process :

[WATER]
Water = water/Water.tga
WaterColorATI = 0.180 0.225 0.157
WaterColorNV = 0.214 0.272 0.232

So you can make red water !!

But what about sea water??? will be blue or will be the same color as the rivers???

- Boosher - 25.09.2008

Chances are it will all be the same color.

- fabianfred - 25.09.2008

Water on a map is all the same colour aand texture..

if you have tried map building you will have noticed that actually the whole map is water...with the land floating upon it....and any rivers and lakes are just holes through which you can see the water

- chris455 - 25.09.2008

On Pacific Islands map there are 2 colors;
A turqouise shade in the lagoon and a royal blue for the seawater-
How was this done?

- fabianfred - 25.09.2008

chris455 Wrote:On Pacific Islands map there are 2 colors;
How was this done?

the water can be made shallower..such as reefs...so as IRL it looks a different colour from the deep water..

maybe this could be the answer...make the rivers shallow...I believe it requires a certain grey shade on the mapC and/or something on the mapT...not sure??

- fly_zo - 25.09.2008

chris455 Wrote:On Pacific Islands map there are 2 colors;
How was this done?

you can have shallow water on maps but you can't have brown rivers and blue sea ...

and its been done by editing map_C.tga

Z

- Caspar - 26.09.2008

fly_zo Wrote:you can have shallow water on maps but you can't have brown rivers and blue sea ...

and its been done by editing map_C.tga

Z

Shallow water uses an additional texture - the 'rivercoast' one; RGB 30/30/30 - , so you can paint it, whatever you want and all you need is to make every river shallow and keep the ocean deep. Coast areas will be same color then though.

(Bessarabia example)

Water0 = water/Water.tga
Water1 = water/Water.tga
Water2 = water/rom_CoastLine1.tga
Water3 = water/rom_fields_Beach.tga,2

EDIT: this is meant for 'hardwareshader = 1' ... about '= 0' I have no clue.
May work as well though.

- fly_zo - 26.09.2008

Thank you very much .... for stepping in and clearing that out

much appreciated

Z

- RealDarko - 26.09.2008

Can soeone explain this last post a little better? Can understand it

- Caspar - 02.10.2008

RealDarko Wrote:Can soeone explain this last post a little better? Can understand it

Thats not easy. If you haven't at least a litte knowledge about maps, you won't understand it. And if you have, I wouldn't need to explain.

I simply cannot describe it better.

- Shallow water is 'produced' by grey (not black) water zones on map_C.tga combined with color RGB 31/31/31 on map_T.tga.

- On ground of the shallow water a texture gets displayed, when hardwareshader = 1.
This texture is the same, which is used at color RGB 30/30/30 on map_T.tga. Mostly this texture is used for river coasts (mud, swamp etc.) and it also disables foam.

- so you cannot really make the shallow water brown color, but paint instead the texture on its ground brown.

- On some Pacific maps they used this methode by painting a greenish texture. The result is - they have on all rivers foam now, as they couldn't use this ('rivercoast'-)texture to prevent it, because it would be strangely green on land areas.

Check it on 'Pacific Islands'.

- RealDarko - 02.10.2008

I'ma map maker with two maps as WIP and two maps already released, and didn't catch it at first. English is not my primary language and there are things hard to catch.
Thank's for the info on this.