All-Aircraft-Simulations
Extended british coast in Normandy map? - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: Extended british coast in Normandy map? (/showthread.php?tid=60138)

Extended british coast in Normandy map? - RealDarko - 21.03.2009

IIRC at the beginning of Il2 mods someone made a small map based on the Normandy map. It have the "british small" island extended so it resembles a bit more british south coast. There are some campaigns that use the normandy map with the british island, will be cool to adapt them to the extended map.
The problem is that I have no idea where the extended map is. Anyone know?

- vonofterdingen - 21.03.2009

I believe the map you want is Fly-Zo's BOB map. I do not have the UI installed, but I would expect it to be in there. Check with the map name preface Fly_z_BOB. There are three seasonal variations if I remember right.

The AAA topic is here:
(The link is inoperative)

It was one of the first map mods but it is still very fun to fly.

- asheshouse - 21.03.2009

Fly-zo's BoB map is a bit of mod mapping history.
I think that marked the first discovery of how to edit coastlines and rivers.
Which closely followed land texture swapping.

Re: Extended british coast in Normandy map? - Boris The Spider - 21.03.2009

RealDarko Wrote:IIRC at the beginning of Il2 mods someone made a small map based on the Normandy map. It have the "british small" island extended so it resembles a bit more british south coast. There are some campaigns that use the normandy map with the british island, will be cool to adapt them to the extended map.
The problem is that I have no idea where the extended map is. Anyone know?
Here's one way to use Fly_zo's :British Island: map in an existing 'Normandy' mission:

1. Open the FMB and load one of the "fly_Z_BOB" maps then save the mission.
2. Open that mission in Notepad.
3. Using another instance of Notepad open the 'Normandy' mission you wish to use the BOB map with. (make a backup first). Place these two files side by side on the desktop.
4. Copy the fly_z_BOB map name (MAP fly_zo_BOB/fly_Z_normA_load.ini).
5. Highlight the 'Normandy' mission map name (MAP Normandy/load.ini), then right click the highlighted area and choose 'Paste'.
6. In the modified .mis file click 'Save' (not Save As) and close the file.

Now when you load the modified mission it will be on the Fly_Zo map. Being as he didn't move the airbase you will not have to adjust any flight waypoints or move any objecfts placed on the airfiled.

I used this process to move my Team Normandie RAF Airbase onto the Fly_Zo map.

Hope this helped.

- fly_zo - 21.03.2009

... you can't extend map without serious makeover of actors.static file cos all objects would get dis- positioned . Even with my map used as default Normandy you still need to edit DCG/Dgen mission files ( masters) so ships doesn't start on new land ... it is doable and i'm playing campaigns that way since i've build/modded that map .

Z

- Uzin - 22.03.2009

To Boris The Spider
(or anybody else):
Isn't it possible to cut out the portion of a large map, such as ItalyAfricaGreese, in order to decrease fraps and loading time in small missions?

- asheshouse - 22.03.2009

Yes it is but you need to be careful about various things.

map_c has a special pixel blend feature every 32 pixels, so if you are going to reduce the map size or increase it, it is best to make the new boundary on one of the 32 pixel boundaries of map_c.
This means on map_T map_h etc the change of size should be in 8 pixel increments.

If you choose something other than 32 pixels then map_c may need a lot of work to clean it up.
The final size of map_c must be a multiple of 32 pixels, as with all maps.

To move the objects on the map use the Actors Cut&Shift tool.

None of this is very difficult to do but it needs a little care and careful cropping of the *.tga's to ensure that the new set lines up properly

- Uzin - 22.03.2009

Many thanks.