All-Aircraft-Simulations
[WIP] Bf-109E-3 on new slot v2 *UPDATE* - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 Work In Progress MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=268)
+--- Forum: WIP-BETA-AIRCRAFT MODS DOWNLOAD (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Bf-109E-3 on new slot v2 *UPDATE* (/showthread.php?tid=60471)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

[WIP] Bf-109E-3 on new slot v2 *UPDATE* - Muas - 02.04.2009

Bf-109E-3 on new slot v2 *UPDATE*
[Image: e34.jpg]

DOWNLOAD Bf-109E-3 v2
DOWNLOAD Bf-109E-3 v2

The Bf-109E-3 had a factory fitted MG FF/M cannon firing through the airscrew hub. This nose cannon was not popular with the pilots, and was often removed once the aircraft reached front line units. Its position inside the engine produced massive vibration, which caused the gun to be inaccurate and jam.

For historical accuracy, this model includes the nose cannon as optional loadout only.

E-4 flight model used as they were very similar aircraft.

v2 update:
  • - Added Canon_UK early canopy
    - Damage textures bug fixed
    - Nosecannon shows protruding from spinner when selected
    - Nosecannon randomly jams as in RL when selected
    - Nosecannon ammo load reduced to 60 rounds
IMPORTANT: Delete previous install

Credits
Mod by Muas
Pilot by Ranwers
Nosecannon jam coding by =BY=Rudy
Early canopy by Canon_UK
Default skin by Canon_UK

- Fay King - 02.04.2009

BRILLIANT! If the cannon is loaded will it produce the vibration?

- Fay King - 02.04.2009

For some reason, when I place a new formation of 109E-3 on the map in FMB, my FMB gets completely messed up and I can do anyhting. I have to ctrl-alt-dlt to escape. Im removing this plane...........sorry. I would have liked to have this one. Sad

- vanir - 02.04.2009

Another wonderful job Muas!
If anything like my experience trying to assert the same thing about armament for this type (colour plates in Bishop's Luftwaffe Squadrons give downed E-3 airframes in GB during BoB as some equipped with motorkanone, some of those four machine guns, some 2 + 2 cannon and documentation says many motorkanone were removed in the field, which would be impossible if they were never fitted as some people have stated categorically).
So you might get a bit of flak about this weapon option, but I find it perfectly in accordance with the sum of everything I've read.

Oh and thanks! Big Grin

- Guest - 02.04.2009

Yeah definately agree with vanir on the loadout of the E-3, it's such a grey area. Many E-1s were upgraded to the E-3 standard but maintained the 4 MG17s. Others had 2 MG17s, 2 wing-mounted MG/FFs and then there were the reports of the engine-mounted MG/FFM. Regardless, thanks once again Muas for improving our game Smile

- vanir - 03.04.2009

Oh I read something by a Messerschmitt engineer years ago (by that I mean about 10yrs ago, I've found it impossible to source recently), saying the MGFF in the engine vee had problems due to overheating which caused it to jam. Just for extra info. He said it had terrible recoil in the wings and thought the structure was too light for wing mounted cannon (he said pilots described it as someone hitting the wings with a sledgehammer when you fired, and the bullet tracks danced all over the place when mounted in the wings plus it felt like the guns were going to tear them off). The engine mounting solved the recoil issue, but introduced an overheating one which caused the feed to jam incessantly. So it was half dozen of one and six of the other, some pilots preferred MGFF in the wings and some just one in the engine vee. He said also that three MGFF reduced performance too much, and that it was tried but couldn't keep up in combat, but a small handful of pilots preferred that fitment.

I did however speak with Tony Williams and he says the recoil for the MGFF should be very low in fact compared to other cannon types of the era, due to its soft action.

So I mean I don't know, just what people have said about it.

Mmm to add, I have at least one substantiated fact. When the early Me-109F was being service evaluated in late 1940 Adolf Galland was very reluctant to give up on the firepower of his E-4/N(GM-1) that was updated to E-7 standard. At the time it was also reportedly the fastest Messerschmitt in the entire Luftwaffe (this comment told to me by family members, one flew Gustavs, the other just seemed to know a lot about Galland and...I get the impression grams was kinda into the feller).
Galland demanded his Me-109F was to be fitted with wing guns. So he was given a unique aircraft by Messerschmitt (as I said this part is confirmed by independent sources), an Me-109F fitted with two MG-FF/M inside the wings in addition to the motorkanone and cowling machine guns.
An interesting relation I think.

BF-109E-3B - mmielli - 03.04.2009

Tank

- Guest - 03.04.2009

Minor cockpit bug: Same as E-1 bug, random bit of glass appears in normal view when looking forward, believe it is caused by the AHS mod (same thing happens with K-14)

- vanir - 03.04.2009

mmielli what you appear to have is photographs of E-3 aircraft updated to E-4 standard with the variety of original armament configurations present.
Some are motorkanone with four machine guns. Some are just four machine guns. Some are two MGFF and two machine guns.
These weapon outlays were present in the E-3, the E-4 mostly denotes improved pilot armour signified by the new square canopy. At the time of E-4 standardisation (2 guns 2 cannon) the MGFF had also been replaced by the MGFF/M, but it is equally likely an E-3 updated in this period featuring a motorkanone will have its ammunition store simply replaced with minengeschoss and just the extra armour and new canopy featured.
In other words between the E-1, E-3 and E-4 now in game you have almost all the weapons/airframe combinations historically featured.

The trick is to look inside the propeller boss. If there's a blast liner it has a motorkanone fitted. Some of your photos do.

- crazydog - 03.04.2009

Big Grin I am your fans now Muas!!
Can you make a BF109T MOD?

- Karaya - 03.04.2009

vanir Wrote:When the early Me-109F was being service evaluated in late 1940 Adolf Galland was very reluctant to give up on the firepower of his E-4/N(GM-1) that was updated to E-7 standard. At the time it was also reportedly the fastest Messerschmitt in the entire Luftwaffe (this comment told to me by family members, one flew Gustavs, the other just seemed to know a lot about Galland and...I get the impression grams was kinda into the feller).
Galland demanded his Me-109F was to be fitted with wing guns. So he was given a unique aircraft by Messerschmitt (as I said this part is confirmed by independent sources), an Me-109F fitted with two MG-FF/M inside the wings in addition to the motorkanone and cowling machine guns.
An interesting relation I think.

Yes, Galland flew what was called a "Bf 109F-6/U" (not to be confused with the F-6 which was a recce version!), a completely unique aircraft and only one of its kind was ever made. It basically was an ordinary F-4 with a DB601E engine and in addition to the normal armament of 2x7.92mm MG17s and a single 20mm MG151/20 it had a pair of 20mm MGFF/M cannons in the wing just where they were on the Emil. The most powerful armament on any 109 up to that point and only beaten later on by the introduction of the R6 R

Found some bugs?! - jopped - 03.04.2009

Hi, I just dowloaded and installed (correctly) you great mod. However, I found some bugs. I went to the quick mission builder, and tried set up two Blenheim MK-IF's to shoot down. Then I selected for myself your Bf-109 E3.

When I tried to go to the cusomisation part, this was not possible, so I could not select a link. Then, I tried to fly. But I get an error message, saying that Pilot1.mat could not be loaded? This occures at about 30% loading of the mission.

Any clues? I know this is still WIP/BETA, and I'm not complaining, just mentioning it :wink:

Cheers,
Joppe

Re: Found some bugs?! - Karaya - 03.04.2009

jopped Wrote:Hi, I just dowloaded and installed (correctly) you great mod. However, I found some bugs. I went to the quick mission builder, and tried set up two Blenheim MK-IF's to shoot down. Then I selected for myself your Bf-109 E3.

When I tried to go to the cusomisation part, this was not possible, so I could not select a link. Then, I tried to fly. But I get an error message, saying that Pilot1.mat could not be loaded? This occures at about 30% loading of the mission.

Any clues? I know this is still WIP/BETA, and I'm not complaining, just mentioning it :wink:

Cheers,
Joppe

This is how you solve it:

1) Go into the modfolder that you've put the 109E-3 into

2) There should be a filepath such as "3do\plane\Bf-109E-3"

3) In this last folder there should be the file that the error is pointing towards, the Pilot1.mat! Open it with Notepad.

4) Find the line

Quote:[Layer0]
TextureName ..\Textures\Ge3.tga

and change to

Quote:[Layer0]
TextureName ..\Textures\Pilot3.tga

- RealDarko - 03.04.2009

Anto Wrote:Minor cockpit bug: Same as E-1 bug, random bit of glass appears in normal view when looking forward, believe it is caused by the AHS mod (same thing happens with K-14)

Any idea of how to solve it?

- Muas - 03.04.2009

RealDarko Wrote:
Anto Wrote:Minor cockpit bug: Same as E-1 bug, random bit of glass appears in normal view when looking forward, believe it is caused by the AHS mod (same thing happens with K-14)

Any idea of how to solve it?

In fact it's caused be the AHS include; I've yet to find solution for this... by now, only way is to remove the AHS integration.

If it is general desire, I'll remove the AHS integration.