All-Aircraft-Simulations
Bridge, please i need help ! - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: Bridge, please i need help ! (/showthread.php?tid=66295)

Bridge, please i need help ! - jef - 06.11.2009

Hello All,

I don't know if the prob has been answered already but I didn't find any clue in this or other forums.

So, when I place a bridge over a river with the FMB tools, it appears only an icone with a transparency shadow Sad as pic.

[Image: bridgeshadow.jpg]

Could anyone give me the way to fix that ?

Thks in advance Smile

- agracier - 06.11.2009

This I would like to know as well, and how to select and rotate and move these bridge elements ...

- jef - 06.11.2009

agracier, for me there are no bridge elements, only an ic

- jef - 06.11.2009

agracier, to rotate and move elements, help here : Big Grin

viewtopic.php?p=16246#16246

- CzechTexan - 06.11.2009

Jef, is your water at 0 elevation?
Bridges only work at sea level. Maybe your bridge is under water?

- jef - 06.11.2009

CzechTexan, yes I suppose water is not at 0 elevation...because it's a mountain landscape :???:

But how could I check that elavation and correct it ? any idea ?

- agracier - 06.11.2009

jef Wrote:CzechTexan, yes I suppose water is not at 0 elevation...because it's a mountain landscape :???:

But how could I check that elavation and correct it ? any idea ?

I don't think you're going to be able to place a game bridge at that height.

What you can do however, mainly for visual purposes, is place a bridge object from dlv_Bridge Mod.

viewtopic.php?t=13473&highlight=bridge+mod

These objects can be placed anywhere and look like bridges. They do not however act as bridges, since i do not believe that moving vehicles will use them to drive across. They will probably just drive into the water and emerge on the other side, sort of like submersible amphibious machines ... a limitation that I do not know how to get around.

With trains the problem is somewhat worse, since they will not ride underwater at all ... so railway bridge objects are solely for visual purposes ....

- jef - 06.11.2009

Thank you agracier,

Here is a pic showing the river where I would like to be able to place a bridge.

There is some numbers at bottom left I suppose in relation to the height of water, but....I don't know how to interpretate them, :oops:

Could you say me if the elevation of water is correct or not ? and if not which file may be concerned and...if possible, where could I find it ?

[Image: waterelevation.jpg]

Thanks to all who try helping me Smile

PS : sorry for my approximate english, but you know,... i am french :lol:

- agracier - 06.11.2009

Je n'en sais rien de ce que signifie les chiffres d'en bas, mais si vous voulez mesurer la hauteur sur une carte, voila un petit logiciel qui est tres utile:

viewtopic.php?t=21397&highlight=heighth+height+meter+metre

- jef - 06.11.2009

agracier, check mp plse :wink:

jef