All-Aircraft-Simulations
[MOD][BETA] JapanCat Bf-109 v0.086 *UPDATE* - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 Work In Progress MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=268)
+--- Forum: WIP-BETA-AIRCRAFT MODS DOWNLOAD (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Thread: [MOD][BETA] JapanCat Bf-109 v0.086 *UPDATE* (/showthread.php?tid=67250)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

- stuka_40 - 17.01.2010

First many thanks to your fantastic work JapanCat, now they looks much better. I know it is beta just will remind you
that the right wing shadows are not the same as the left wing shadows in F, G, and K series.

- elephant - 18.01.2010

Luke5skywalker4 Wrote:JapanCat, would it also be possible to apply these updates to many of the new slot 109s in the Ultimate 109 Pack?

Anto the creator of the ultimate pack said that he'll do it himself Es and Fs included... Big Grin

- JapanCat - 19.01.2010

elephant Wrote:
Luke5skywalker4 Wrote:JapanCat, would it also be possible to apply these updates to many of the new slot 109s in the Ultimate 109 Pack?

Anto the creator of the ultimate pack said that he'll do it himself Es and Fs included... Big Grin

Hi Everyone

My work is the end by beta.
I cooperate with Mr. Anto and support Ultimate 109 Pack.

Please wait a moment.

I thank everyone very much. JapanCat

- Dietz - 19.01.2010

:love:

- Yayo - 19.01.2010

Hi,JapanCat.

I want you to repair the lower antenna.

Thank you.

[Image: xxx1.jpg]

- JapanCat - 20.01.2010

Yayo Wrote:Hi,JapanCat.

I want you to repair the lower antenna.

Thank you.

[Image: xxx1.jpg]

Hi Yayo

I'm sorry.
Your remark can't be understood.

すいません。Yayoさん

内容がアバウトすぎて良く意味が解らないのですが・・・(汗
下部アンテナを修理してくださいと言われてもどのようにするのか不明です。
又、現在の形状はそれなりに図面にマッチしているので、本物に近いと思われます。

Thank you very much. JapanCat

I think the nose of 109 need more attention! - musikerz - 20.01.2010

Hi, JapanCat, about the accuracy of the il2 109 model, I have compared many other resources. I found different versions of sideview drawings, which is quite confusing, but later, those photos I found have convinced me that the real 109s (at least F and G series) have longer nose (maybe even smaller cross sections) than il2 stock model. Therefore, in reality 109 looks slender than in the game. And the the nose line of real 109 is also different from the il2 stock model. The part where the wind shield is actually is pointing a little bit downwards rather than flat, as the il2 109 does. You could compare these pics by yourself. What do you think? Do you agree with me? Smile

long-nose sideview drawing
[Image: bf109_side.jpg]
[Image: g2_left_common.jpg]

short-nose sideview drawing
[Image: Bf109G_2.jpg]

BF109F model from flight replicas
(The link is inoperative)

PHOTO
[Image: 48.jpg]
[Image: Me109-124f.jpg]
[Image: me109pris.jpg]
[Image: bf109g1-r.jpg]
[Image: 800px-Me109_G-6_D-FMBB_3.jpg]
[Image: me109g4_rote_7_03_of_20.jpg]
[Image: ME-109.jpg]
[Image: SwissMe-109G.jpg]
[Image: ME_109_a.jpg]
[Image: m1.jpg]
[Image: m2.jpg]
[Image: 79470633.BYOhD8AC.DSC_3666.jpg]
[Image: me109v1.jpg]
[Image: 800px-Yu_Me-109G-2.jpg]
[Image: bf109main.jpg]
[Image: messerschmitt-bf-109-2.jpg]
[Image: HendonBf109FromAbove.jpg]
[Image: bf109g3and7copy8es.jpg]
[Image: Messerschmitt_Bf_109G-2.jpg]
[Image: me109g~1.jpg]
[Image: 109G.jpg]
[Image: me109.jpg]
[Image: me109g2.jpg]
[Image: Me109.JPG]
[Image: 26760d1233860539t-me-109e-me-109g.jpg]
[Image: Me109G-2&DouglasDC-2.jpg]
[Image: me109-northafrica.jpg]
[Image: e8509350a75b384e51e7261d9ad89126_244.jpg]

- Yayo - 20.01.2010

Oh! i'm sorry JapanCat. My english is very bad.
I think the lower antenna is a stick type. I can see the default antenna like a fin.

Haikei
済みませんでした。私は、FW190の様な棒状のアンテナではないかと言いたかったのです。
私は、ヤフー翻訳を使っているのですが、中々素晴らしい翻訳をしてくれるものですから、言葉すくなになってしまって・・・・
JapanCatさんは、素晴らしい仕事をしています。有り難うございます。
Keigu Yayo.

- JapanCat - 21.01.2010

Yayo Wrote:Oh! i'm sorry JapanCat. My english is very bad.
I think the lower antenna is a stick type. I can see the default antenna like a fin.

Haikei
済みませんでした。私は、FW190の様な棒状のアンテナではないかと言いたかったのです。
私は、ヤフー翻訳を使っているのですが、中々素晴らしい翻訳をしてくれるものですから、言葉すくなになってしまって・・・・
JapanCatさんは、素晴らしい仕事をしています。有り難うございます。
Keigu Yayo.

Hi Yayo

No problem. :wink:

はい、たしかにいくつかの写真で確認した所、形状は棒状なんですが、根元は強度補強の為か先端より
結構太いんです。それをローポリで再現したのであのような形状になったのではと思います。

ご指摘感謝します(^^

musikerz Wrote:Hi, JapanCat, about the accuracy of the il2 109 model, I have compared many other resources. I found different versions of sideview drawings, which is quite confusing, but later, those photos I found have convinced me that the real 109s (at least F and G series) have longer nose (maybe even smaller cross sections) than il2 stock model. Therefore, in reality 109 looks slender than in the game. And the the nose line of real 109 is also different from the il2 stock model. The part where the wind shield is actually is pointing a little bit downwards rather than flat, as the il2 109 does. You could compare these pics by yourself. What do you think? Do you agree with me? Smile

Hi musikerz

I inspected.
viewtopic.php?t=23817
The shape of Bf109 in IL2 is wonderful.

I have doubts though - musikerz - 21.01.2010

JapanCat, if you insist the shape is great, can you explain this picture you posted?
[Image: difference.jpg]

Re: I have doubts though - JapanCat - 21.01.2010

musikerz Wrote:JapanCat, if you insist the shape is great, can you explain this picture you posted?

Hi musikerz

This is a response.
[Image: 30860468_org.v1261497256.jpg]

Re: I have doubts though - musikerz - 21.01.2010

JapanCat Wrote:
musikerz Wrote:JapanCat, if you insist the shape is great, can you explain this picture you posted?

Hi musikerz

This is a response.
[Image: 30860468_org.v1261497256.jpg]

Thank you for your replay, JapanCat, that is the confusing part for me. I don't understand why you compare the sideview of the il2 3d model which should have no perpective distortion with a photo which has perspective distortion, because obviously they cannot be exactly the same. And more importantly, the il2 3d model wireframe is from a early version, maybe F4 or G2 (look at the nose and cockpit), I don't know for sure. But the 109 in the photo is clearly a late version of G, or K version (look at the cockpit). So the comparison is totally irrelevance, at all.

So, JapanCat, I am not trying to prove you are totally wrong, actually I am using your mod, I love your work and thank you for that. But we 109 fans want the fact, and a more accurate modification. So, could you please also use the sideview of the 3d wireframe model to compare with these pictures below, or any 109 sideview which you think is more accurate, so that we can be sure the il2 model has no problems with its sections and proportions? I think this is very important to us 109 lovers. If the il2 109 model has such problem, this is the best opportunity to correct it, please don't miss it! Please, for you and for us!!!! And if I was wrong, I apologize for my nonsense in advance, okay?

[Image: bf109_side.jpg]
[Image: g2_left_common.jpg]
[Image: ME-109.jpg]

- Alex T. - 21.01.2010

guys, don't think that what you see on a colour profile is the absolute truth..
The only reliable info is either original Messerschmitt blueprints or quality reference books, like the Japanese publication Aero Detail.

- JapanCat - 22.01.2010

Alex T. Wrote:guys, don't think that what you see on a colour profile is the absolute truth..
The only reliable info is either original Messerschmitt blueprints or quality reference books, like the Japanese publication Aero Detail.

That's right.

Thank you very much Alex T

- JG54Spookie - 22.01.2010

Alex T. Wrote:guys, don't think that what you see on a colour profile is the absolute truth..

Indeed. There's A guy that goes by the name of Otterkins over at simmerspaintshop.com that has been working for quite a while on making the most accurate Bf-109 line drawings, and it was a learning experience just reading the lengths he went to just to find the right proportions of an oil filler cap. There are a ton of drawings and plans for 109s, but most of them are crap. Even profiles made by some well-known artists are not very correct. The point is, good luck getting a "perfect" shape! :-?

@JapanCat: you've already done A LOT on these messers, so thank you for making my favorite plane pleasing to the eye again! Big Grin