[WIP] Bf-109E-3 on new slot v2 *UPDATE*

Muas Wrote:
RealDarko Wrote:
Anto Wrote:Minor cockpit bug: Same as E-1 bug, random bit of glass appears in normal view when looking forward, believe it is caused by the AHS mod (same thing happens with K-14)

Any idea of how to solve it?

If it is general desire, I'll remove the AHS integration.

Yes, please Big Grin

Would be nice to have the same for the G-10C3 as well :wink:

Hi!

You are a dream-plane machine!!!

Any chance to made a trop version for this bird or for a future E4 or E7?

My better thanks for your hard and nice work!!!!

cheers

walter

SEMPER INCOMMODUS

walter_solito Wrote:Hi!

cheers

walter
Next on the list are E-4 and E-7/N Trop versions.

Muas Wrote:

cheers

walter

Hi!

PLEASE don't sting me.....I like to continue in this wonderful dream!!!!!

My best regards and thanks for your GREAT work!!!

cheers

walter

SEMPER INCOMMODUS

in cockpit i view an outer glass of blister...
Confusedhock:
Please, correct them.

chameleon Wrote:in cockpit i view an outer glass of blister...
Confusedhock:
Please, correct them.
It's an identified bug.
Those who don't use Track IR won't probably have such problem, by default, SHIFT F1 will align pilot point of view with gunsight and blister will disappear.
Anyway, I'll add a "NO AHS" version option.

Karaya Wrote:
jopped Wrote:Hi, I just dowloaded and installed (correctly) you great mod. However, I found some bugs. I went to the quick mission builder, and tried set up two Blenheim MK-IF's to shoot down. Then I selected for myself your Bf-109 E3.

When I tried to go to the cusomisation part, this was not possible, so I could not select a link. Then, I tried to fly. But I get an error message, saying that Pilot1.mat could not be loaded? This occures at about 30% loading of the mission.

Any clues? I know this is still WIP/BETA, and I'm not complaining, just mentioning it :wink:

Cheers,
Joppe

This is how you solve it:

1) Go into the modfolder that you've put the 109E-3 into

2) There should be a filepath such as "3do\plane\Bf-109E-3"

3) In this last folder there should be the file that the error is pointing towards, the Pilot1.mat! Open it with Notepad.

4) Find the line

Quote:[Layer0]
TextureName ..\Textures\Ge3.tga

and change to

Quote:[Layer0]
TextureName ..\Textures\Pilot3.tga

Thank you very much mate! I worked it out!!! I just had some fun shooting down those Blenheims!!!
Thanks again! I love this mod, it's great!!!

Cheers,
Joppe

Muas Wrote:
RealDarko Wrote:
Anto Wrote:Minor cockpit bug: Same as E-1 bug, random bit of glass appears in normal view when looking forward, believe it is caused by the AHS mod (same thing happens with K-14)

Any idea of how to solve it?

In fact it's caused be the AHS include; I've yet to find solution for this... by now, only way is to remove the AHS integration.

If it is general desire, I'll remove the AHS integration.

Excuse me but what is AHS?

I've just downloaded it and done some tests. The plane is fine, on top of that another version fot his plane exists, did by BY Rudy of Aviaskins. His versions have cannons which are jamming under special conditions, a nice feature.

I just see that Bf 109E Trop are planned, especially E-7/N Trop.
BUT, as far as I know, Emils with DB 601N worked very poorly in North Africa, whereas Emils with DB 601A engine worked better in dust/sand conditions.

Any chance doing Bf 109E-7 Trop with DB 601A better than with DB 601N?

The French magazine "Batailles A

Knowing that the DB601N used in the Bf109E isnt drastically different to the earlier DB601A-1 and Aa both in structure and operation, only making use of higher octane fuel and thus higher compression, boost pressure and RPMs I find it rather odd that the 601N should behave any bit differently to the A!?

Do you have any more info on this and its supposed cause?

[quote="J.j."]I've just downloaded it and done some tests. The plane is fine, on top of that another version fot his plane exists, did by BY Rudy of Aviaskins. His versions have cannons which are jamming under special conditions, a nice feature.

I just see that Bf 109E Trop are planned, especially E-7/N Trop.
BUT, as far as I know, Emils with DB 601N worked very poorly in North Africa, whereas Emils with DB 601A engine worked better in dust/sand conditions.

Any chance doing Bf 109E-7 Trop with DB 601A better than with DB 601N?

The French magazine "Batailles A

RealDarko Wrote:Excuse me but what is AHS?

Hi!

Go here for AHS , the other topic are listed here anyway!!!

viewtopic.php?t=3850&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=hole+solved&start=0

cheers

walter

Karaya Wrote:Knowing that the DB601N used in the Bf109E isnt drastically different to the earlier DB601A-1 and Aa both in structure and operation, only making use of higher octane fuel and thus higher compression, boost pressure and RPMs I find it rather odd that the 601N should behave any bit differently to the A!?

Do you have any more info on this and its supposed cause?

I've heard the same thing about license produced 601A engines in the Macchi, this was apparently due to the Italian version being "too finely hand finished" for the environment (afaik they did have sand filters). The commentator, the aircraft historian who wrote Clash of Wings said "if the Hurricane was a Ford, the MC.202 was a Ferrari and had a very high unserviceability rate in North Africa."

Now this is a pretty thin comparison I know, but I was thinking the 601N motor was the one that was finely tuned by Germans. It was a high maintenance engine like the Alfa version of the 601A apparently was. Though quite well made perhaps they just didn't like rough field conditions very much, where parts supplies were in constant shortage and available fuel quality might be questionable. You wouldn't take a hammer to a 601N running rough and expect to fix it, but you might to a Kittyhawk.

Just a thought.

Muas Wrote:The Bf-109E-4 and Bf-109E-7/N were the only ones that were tropicalised, thus the choice.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Bf 109E-7 "early" with DB 601A engine used 87 octane fuel. The Bf 109E-7/N "late" used 96 octane fuel.
I have two photos of Bf 109E-7 of 2/(H)14 and III/JG 27. Unfortunately my scanner gives no good resolution, but I can read on these 2 Emils in the little triangle "87" (meaning planes having a DB 601A engine with 87 octane fuel). Both are suited with Tropical radiator.
So this is not true, Bf 109E-7 with DB 601A engines were "tropicalized" too.
I will dig in and try to find close shots from Emils 7 with 87 octane fuel.

As for the reason why DB 601N behaved differently from DB601A, I don't know exactly. The author of the article I quoted above said "sand filters of DB 601N were quite unuasable". He didn't give exactly the reason why.

But the fact is that JG 27's DB601A engined (87 octane) Emils were usued until Bf 109F arrived late 1941, whereas DB601N engined (96 octane) JG26's Emils had a lot of technicals problems.
Perhpas their sand filters were different from JG27?

As I said, I will try to gather more informations.

Muas Wrote:

cheers

walter
LOL so we can expect it tomorrow with You as author. You're making planes so FAST...