[Mod] Sea Hurricane MkIb and MkIIc *UPDATE*

Here is what I meant:
Hurricane mk 1:

[Image: hurri1.jpg]

And now seahurricanemk1:

[Image: seahurri.jpg]

As you can see the main panels are missing, as well as some stuff on the frame. Anybody else have this?

Cheers!

I take it you're using 6DOF?

I could be wrong, but as a 3D modeller I'm quite certain that those faces were simply deleted because they wouldn't usually be seen (since Il-2 doesn't support 6DOF by default)... if you look at the guns in Counter-Strike for instance, some of them have the entire right side or stock deleted. It's a simple optimisation measure to make sure the game runs smoother, there's not much point drawing faces that will never be seen.

If you look around you'll probably see a lot of the same in other aircraft.

60% loading error again. after i removed it, then the game worked fine. but is there a way to fix it? i want to fly the plane. =(

rossmum Wrote:I take it you're using 6DOF?

I could be wrong, but as a 3D modeller I'm quite certain that those faces were simply deleted because they wouldn't usually be seen (since Il-2 doesn't support 6DOF by default)... if you look at the guns in Counter-Strike for instance, some of them have the entire right side or stock deleted. It's a simple optimisation measure to make sure the game runs smoother, there's not much point drawing faces that will never be seen.

If you look around you'll probably see a lot of the same in other aircraft.

No, you misunderstand me I think. I only used 6dof to get lower in the cockpit to take a better pic of the panel. I am talking about the panel that the instrument faces are affixed onto. See, it is missing in the sea hurricane. Also missing is some skins of the cockpit frame above it (look on the frame itself). I am well aware of the holes in planes where one cannot usually look, but that is not the problem here at all :wink:

Great Job guys!

Awesome, thanks! One step closer to Operation pedestal...

I have problem. I can't open weapons_ru.properties and planes_ru.properties. Do I need any program to open them?

Nice Job Cirx and i love the opening Canopy...is there a chance that all Hurries can have this feature? Once again Well Done Big Grin

Hi guys,

I'm getting just about at my wits end with installing these new aircraft, it never used to be like this! 60% crash after crash and this time I did'nt even get to the point of adding the new aircraft to the Air ini etc.
Here's my problem, I installed the new Aircraft installer v 3.6 only , ran the game to check everything was fine before I tried to install the hurricanes and you guessed it, crash at 60%. I am guessing my problem lies with the A/C installer but if this is the case why and how do I solve this problem?

Can someone help me please, I'm not using UI 1.1 just a really big mods file.
By the way this is the first time this has happened with Mauses new aircraft, all his 109's installed faultlessly.

Thanks

Hi again,

I've tried to work backwards by reinstalling different A/C installers back to 3.2 , arrrrrrrrrrrr........

Still crashes at 60%.

Dumbo Wrote:I have problem. I can't open weapons_ru.properties and planes_ru.properties. Do I need any program to open them?
Right-click. Open with....Notepad/Wordpad :wink:

@ceege1, the further back you go with the AC installer, the more problems you are going to have. You need to go back to the last, most recent buttons file you used that worked. I hope you backed it up before this.
If you're getting a 60% crash, look for any Beta AC you might have - 10 to 1 that's the problem. I recently had a 60% CTD trying to get the F9F2 Panther to run, turns out I had 2 Kittyhawk AC entries (from Vanir,iirc) - removed those, and all worked 100% 8)

Little thing I always do before installing a new A/C is copy/paste my gui, i18 and STD folders into a new folder on the desktop, just in case I make a fupar.
If all goes well and he game still works I delete.

Saves any heartbreak (yes I have beta objects as well)

ceege1 Wrote:Hi guys,

I'm getting just about at my wits end with installing these new aircraft, it never used to be like this! 60% crash after crash and this time I did'nt even get to the point of adding the new aircraft to the Air ini etc.
Here's my problem, I installed the new Aircraft installer v 3.6 only , ran the game to check everything was fine before I tried to install the hurricanes and you guessed it, crash at 60%. I am guessing my problem lies with the A/C installer but if this is the case why and how do I solve this problem?

Can someone help me please, I'm not using UI 1.1 just a really big mods file.
By the way this is the first time this has happened with Mauses new aircraft, all his 109's installed faultlessly.

Thanks

hey mate, let me see if I can figure this out. I assume you are using the mod activator. but whatever, i suspect somethign went wrong when you installed ac 3.6. AC installers are really just a fancy packaged buttons file. It contains a folder for each type of mod activator (mod activator, sfx, english sound mods various versions) a person can have, and each folder contains a button file for each type. If your AC installer installation goes awry, you end up with button files all over the place. You need to find them and delete them all. Then take AC 3.6 and extract it to a seperate folder, then choosy your type of mod activator from the folder, find the button file in it and paste it to its appropriate place in your game folder (the place is indicated by the folder structure in the installer, with mod activator it goes to files\GUI\GAME)

That should solve it for you. if thats not it, the other thing that causes 60% freeze is a corrupted air.ini file. It might contain an entry for a plane it cant find in the mods folder, or, there is a plane in the mods folder that is not in the air ini, or is in there incorrectly. it is one of those. hope this helps!

All the best.

PS, Studly, its not my plane lol, I am not this good, I was just showing a bug in the cockpit. all praise to muas and the guys!

bigbossmalone Wrote:
Dumbo Wrote:I have problem. I can't open weapons_ru.properties and planes_ru.properties. Do I need any program to open them?
Right-click. Open with....Notepad/Wordpad :wink:

@ceege1, the further back you go with the AC installer, the more problems you are going to have. You need to go back to the last, most recent buttons file you used that worked. I hope you backed it up before this.
If you're getting a 60% crash, look for any Beta AC you might have - 10 to 1 that's the problem. I recently had a 60% CTD trying to get the F9F2 Panther to run, turns out I had 2 Kittyhawk AC entries (from Vanir,iirc) - removed those, and all worked 100% 8)

Thanks for this m8 been trying to get all to work and thought it was the two P-40's

Thanks for the Sea Hurri's too folks :wink:

[Image: catpongaq4.gif]

can someone please check if the cockpit midssing front panel is just me, or an actual bug?if you have the plane flying, just see in the cockpit if the panel is there or not and let us know.