[Mod WIP] USA F4U-1 Corsair "Birdcage", 1943 - v2

bigbossmalone Wrote:I've been testing this bird almost a whole day now, and here's what i'm getting:
Flying in QMB as Allied - CTD on choosing Armament button.Sometimes straight CTD, sometimes 30%.
FLying in QMB as Axis default (Germany) - no issues, plane flies perfeclty with all loadouts - only problem is the Napalm not releasing, as mentioned earlier.
Also, if in QMB as Axis, if I try to choose another Country other than default - CTD (memory crash)
I'm using UI 1.0, and have searched everything in my MODS and Files folder...no conflicts whatsoever.
I might hazard a guess, and say it could be the Nations mod, but that's a wild shot in the dark... :roll:
Thank you very much for your trouble concerning this issue bigbossmalone.

If we can sort where the conflict is, I'm sure we can get around this problem.

I'd suggest you do the following:

Disable that nations mod your refered, and try again.
If the problem still persists, try disable all other mods if you can.

As you might know the wrapper gets the il2 engine to read everything he find inside de mods folder in alphabetic order - in case you have two files with the same name but in different folders inside the mods folder (different mods), he just reads the first one he finds, and skips the other. That's a common way of conflict.

One thing you might try, is to put the "birdcage" mod first on the list of folders inside your mods folder. That way you can be sure that all files of the "birdcage" mod are read earlier than others that might be in conflict. One simple way to do this is to add a "_" (underscore) prefix on the F4U-1 folder, renaming it like _F4U-1. The name of the folder is irrelevant, what matters is what is inside of it, unless the prefix is "-" (minus)...

And this is the other easy way we have to sort out these kind of conflicts. If you put a "-" (minus) prefix on a certain mod folder name, that mod will be ignored. But that its not enough, if that mod is a new aircraft for example and you want to disable it, you'll have to take that entry out of the air.ini file. Just a comment on the line will do: insert "//" at the start of that line.

I recommend to disable all mods and try just the "birdcage" - that will be the best start to track the problem. Once we know what mod is the offender, I can try to work around it.

Me, I don't use the UI nor any other mods package. I have it though, and I just pick some mods I want, but usualy I find verytihn as "standalone" around here.

I tested the "birdcage" again last night, in QMB, both sides different nations, different loadouts, and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Messages In This Thread