about Books...

Lately I've been reading some very good Luftwaffe pilot autobiographies. I've read them translated to Finnish, but here are the names in German (and in English):

Walter Schuck: Abschuss! Von der Me 109 zur Me 262. (Luftwaffe Eagle: 206 Combat Victories in the Me 109 and Me 262)

Wilhelm Johnen: Duell unter den Sternen. Tatsachenbericht eines deutschen Nachtjägers 1941-1945 (Duel Under the Stars: German Night Fighter Pilot in the Second World War)

Hans-Ulrich Rudel: Mein Kriegstagebuch: Aufzeichnungen eines Stukafliegers (Stuka Pilot)

Günther Rall: Mein Flugbuch: Erinnerungen 1938-2004 (MY LOG BOOK - Reminiscences 1938-2004)

Helmut Lipfert: Das Tagebuch des Hauptmann Lipfert (The War Diary of Hauptmann Helmut Lipfert)

Johannes Kaufmann: Meine Flugberichte 1935 - 1945 (?)

All books are excellent, but I enjoyed most the book by Johannes Kaufmann (I don't know whether it has been translated into English or not) because of his exceptional career: he started out as a flight instructor, flew transport planes in Poland 1939, test-flew captured enemy planes after the invasion of France, flew Bf-110 ground attack planes in Russia from Operation Barbarossa to 1944 and ended his war flying Bf-109 in Defence of The Reich.

Messages In This Thread