"Submarines" by Antony Preston

Thanks, guys.

Ted, I am well, thanks. Big Grin

Jambo,

Is not the determination to keep a place in the world so very powerful? Imagine that Type 212 German submarines evolved through many experimental, prototype, and production types beginning with Type I. Another thing that has not changed is the relationship of Germans and Italians which has roots in the Roman Empire. Submarine technology has been traded between Germany and Italy most of the time since the 1800s and continues with Type 212. German subs are among the fastest, quietest, and deepest running ones in the world once again! Big Grin Many nations have good subs either domestically manufactured or purchased, too.

Guys, the submarine is the most effective deterrant to World War III because it is such a devastating mobile weapons platform, establishing fear of "mutually assured destruction" which prevents war. Confusedhock:

Hopefully, some readers will take another look at the technology by doing some reading about it themselves in the future. I am glad that you liked the review. Big Grin

Have a nice day,

Fireskull

Messages In This Thread