Thread Closed

Map Modifying Discussion - History (Read Only)

I've been playing about the size for Singapore/Malaya, so far I've settled on 9600 x 7552, but it's nowhere near decided yet. What I've done with this size is push it a few kms north to include Kuantan airfield, thus getting rid of the spurious Nippon East, and extended the map quite a way south so as to include the Kepulauan Riau (?) island group to the south. This makes Singapore quite a distance (@ 50km) from the bottom of the map which will give far more scope for naval ops as well as air.

I agree that apart from the naval dockyard area the existing map isn't too bad around the coast; although there are far too many rivers; I've decompiled map_c and after a few minor adjustments I'm going to drop it into a new enlarged map_c, the rest of which I'll have to do myself.
I've made a map_h from SRTM data; the coast around Singapore I can edit manually from my map_c but as nothing's sure yet I won't be delving too deep just yet.

One unwanted side effect from enlarging the map is that it accumulates a lot of new, fairly worthless, ground in Sumatra which all has to be mapped.

Think perhaps I'd better start a new threead for this.

Cheers!

Hi!
I am in difficulty and need a more experienced board modders Sad .

The most important thing: how to create map_c.tga_table? There, all alone in the code and understand what information he is and how to modify, does not succeed
And for some reason when you start disect.bat (map_c with two colors - RGB = 0 and RGB = 255 on where to) any new files are not created.
A normal times no map_c, and there is no cards: (

Guys! Well, give the same advice as anyone, because all started once and all confused in the most simple things!
Well, at least for new maps give council!
Collected a lot of material - photos, documents on these locations, spent force in the creation fseh files and now accounted for all quit because of one file map_c?!?
Please give me advice, how to create this map_c and map_c.table

I have already desperate to find the answer, why not get done and map_c map_c.table
PS2 I am sorry for my English. He is terrible Smile

First, ad as second line to the disect.bat:

pause

This will make you notice the error massage. Hit "return" afterwards.

Then rename your map_c.tga to mwmap_c.tga. This will help, i assume.

hi everybody,

I am happy today, finally I could fly in my first map - for this I chose the Canary Islands -.

Thanks

The discussions and idea's that were exchanged in this thread are history in the making for anyone interested in Map Editing,
cleaned and locked so that History may be preserved.

Thanks goes out to all who were involved in this thread

EasyRider
Thread Closed