The Slot

I made the images above with the colored squares, actually. All the squares shown are stock PF maps superimposed on the slot, or NG.

[Image: malaya.jpg]
The red rectangle is the NG map size.

Also, for most of the SWPA, the forest should go right to the beach, and in many places right to the water. The only open areas should be the size of airfields hacked out, and dispersal areas. Even the latter would be mixed into trees as well. I have loads of pics, too.

Cool thanks spud.

As you can see, I placed the land masses on a map the size of the actual Hawaii map. We get more land than the yellow square shows.

Another good thing to note, is that we arent limited to current map sizes. I will work on this some more, and will probably have 2-3 maps for the area as pointed out in an earlier post.

I'm going to try to see if I can get a prototype map with land masses (no elevation or streams) mapped out this week if I have enough time.

how about y your at it include Australia darwin for example when the japenise attacked it

Spud, we'll take anything we can get.

Leigh, I think many more pacific maps will see light of day. The more I look into this map building thing the more I'm discovering that its actually quite simple. It will just take time. Wink

Henderson Field August:
[Image: henderson.jpg]
[Image: henderson_aug.jpg]

Henderson November:
[Image: henderson_nov.jpg]

Typical coast:
[Image: coast.jpg]

[Image: na80g34887-sm.jpg]

[Image: mast_height_b24.jpg]

[Image: luggers.jpg]

[Image: lae_may42.jpg]
trees right to the water again...

[Image: camouflage_sm.jpg]

Coconut plantation coast (note that in large groups, coconut palms were a crop and planted IN ROWS):
[Image: supply_dump_tiny.jpg]

Rabaul:
[Image: Simpson_harbor1_sm.jpg]

[Image: Simpson_Harbor_B25.jpg]

Wow, this is exciting stuff! One thing that has always disappoined me with PF & CFS2 as well was, Henderson Field on Guadalcanal. Absence of the circular run-around ramp and the "cookie cutter" runways. I've noticed in the newer '46 maps such as Burma & Norway, some very nice airfields that look "heavily worn" with textured runways and taxi areas. Maybe some of these could be used. Don't have to worry too much 'bout detail, buildings & such, allow us put this in as we create missions. You guys stick in the runways and vegetation. You're already doing enough as it is. Great work, keep it up, much appreciated.

Look at the parafrags, too. the loads in il-2 are grossly low...

Do not worry fellas, the Slot map is on hold for a bit, until we figure out how to work files as big as the Slot requires. In the mean time I started work on an Aleutians map.

... no more delay .... check your mails, gents Big Grin ....

Z

Aleutians map! I love you!

Aleutians map will be swell. Hope it's available soon.

There are still things to figure out (I'm getting load.ini errors when trying to fire them up in FMB), and the Slot and Aleutians maps still need a lot of smoothing work, so the terrain doesnt look so pixelized. That plus the elevation maps and texture maps still have to be done. Here is a preview:

[Image: aleutians.jpg]

I had to cheat the distance a bit to get Kiska closer to Attu, and to make the islands fit into a space that was the size of the Hawaiian islands (around 320x160km). Once I figure out how to get it working in FMB, it will only be a matter of time (lots of it) before it sees the light of day.

Keep up the good work.