P-47 Thunderbolt cockpit modding references and discussion

I'm glad I checked back in here after all this time to find there is some interest in this. Good luck, and if I can be any help let me know.

The gunsite has to go for sure.

I too am interested in reskinning this much needed pit but I have not got the TGA's yet.

What do you think of them SparrowThree?

taurus Wrote:The gunsite has to go for sure.

I too am interested in reskinning this much needed pit but I have not got the TGA's yet.

What do you think of them SparrowThree?

Here they are:

http://files.filefront.com/P47rar/;9628 ... einfo.html

I've had a busier weekend than I anticipated and haven't gotten all of the textures converted to editable TGAs yet.

Avala Wrote:http://files.filefront.com/P47rar/;9628 ... einfo.html

Thank you for that.

I had a look at the files and I can't believe that 256x256 textures are used for a main component like the panel, no matter.

I am hoping that by doubling the textures to at least 512x512 all I need to do is adjust the corresponding .mat file entry. Ie. TextureCoordScale 0.0 0.0 1.0 1.0 to TextureCoordScale 0.0 0.0 0.5 0.5 or 2.0 2.0 to fit the doubled texture.

Superb work on the Hurri pit too!

Sparrow....I would love to see the Jugs pits remodeled. Especially the razorbacks reticle sight moved away from that middle canopy bar.

[EDIT] You have any progress Sparrow? I got the tga's but the instrument layout is crap.

I am trying to replace the stock gunsight for the P-47 with the F4F-4 gunsight. I got rid of the old one by editing the hier file.

I'm having trouble understanding the file structure used for the newer models like the F4F-4. For the older planes the cockpit file has lots of mat and tga files, but the newer aircraft have mostly msh files. Could someone tell me where to find the mat and tga files for newer planes, or if they use a different protocol for coding textures.

The two P-47 components that I would like to swap out are the gunsight of course, but also the low polygon propeller hub.

Also BTW, with the gunsight gone I'm reminded that it would be nice to have a more "jug-like" cowl on this aircraft. I know that this problem is not unique to the P-47, but if anyone ever figures out how to edit the 3d models. That should be worked on.

I haven't touched it since my last post. I'm working on a skinning project for MysticPuma whenever I have any spare time.

I know it sounds lame, but the way you have to use the game to convert the .tga is such a pain. I'm very interested in working on it and will once I can make myself sit down and go through the process.

Poncho, replacing the gun sight with one of the newer ones is a great idea.

Sparrow....it would be much appreciated. I understand and will wait impatiently. LOL

I worked on the gunsight a bit more last night. Here is what I have so far. This is the gunsight from the F4F4 on a P47-D27. I like it, but I'm open to opinions on better choices. I still need to adjust the attachment points so its not centered perfectly yet.

[Image: wipp47.jpg]

Great Start!

What's the large green square on the base of the site? Does the sight need to move back a bit?

Taurus.
Could I possibly get the converted .tgas from you?

That sight looks alot better. I'm with Sparrow...what is teh green box? Also...is there anyway to move the sight on the razorbacks over to the right to get out of line with the center bar?

Looks like this will be a much-needed improvement. Just a thought; would the P38 sight be better for this? What you're doing still looks much better than the default in any case.