DCG: An idiot's Guide

spreng Wrote:Thanks for your help! I just asked to Lowengrin and he answered me immediately... unfortunately at the moment is not possible add new countries because are hardcoded, however for Israeli I will use Dutches and for Egyptians Romanians. I will add a pack to optionally change ranks and medals. Big Grin

Did Paul seem like he was going to add the new countries mod to DCG?

Scharnhorst1943 Wrote:
spreng Wrote:Thanks for your help! I just asked to Lowengrin and he answered me immediately... unfortunately at the moment is not possible add new countries because are hardcoded, however for Israeli I will use Dutches and for Egyptians Romanians. I will add a pack to optionally change ranks and medals. Big Grin

Did Paul seem like he was going to add the new countries mod to DCG?

I asked for that, obviously I hope so Smile I'm waiting for the answer

Great job, Thanks a lot.

I'm just about half the way reading, but so far so good. It's been really helpful.

Hello and could someone do DCG campaign CAN_englisch_Chanel? I tried it but somehow I just can not not load either Peru or bases :-( Overall I probably ...:-)writes that Furdo no Campaign.dcg and everything is possible :-(

Hi all

I only recently started playing around with DCG, and have figured out how to run the stock DCG and thrid party DCG campaigns, so all is good. However, whilst experimenting (and by the term "experimenting" I basically mean...push some buttons and see what happens Smile), I managed to create two "Player Defined Campaigns" , one in RAAF and the other un USAAF.

They are now seemingly permanently displayed in the list of available campaigns whenever I go to the create a new pilot career section in il2-1946. ... but now I just want to clean up the list and not have any of my "creations" in there as i don't intend ever playing or generating missions for them

How can i get rid of those "player defined" campaigns from the in game campaign lists?...I can't seem to find where they are located in any of the game or DCG folders in windows explorer. These are not generated campaigns where you can just delete them in game...I am talking about the actual list of campaigns available for each country that you can choose and then generate missions for.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

sfchammer Wrote:Hi all

I only recently started playing around with DCG, and have figured out how to run the stock DCG and thrid party DCG campaigns, so all is good. However, whilst experimenting (and by the term "experimenting" I basically mean...push some buttons and see what happens Smile), I managed to create two "Player Defined Campaigns" , one in RAAF and the other un USAAF.

They are now seemingly permanently displayed in the list of available campaigns whenever I go to the create a new pilot career section in il2-1946. ... but now I just want to clean up the list and not have any of my "creations" in there as i don't intend ever playing or generating missions for them

How can i get rid of those "player defined" campaigns from the in game campaign lists?...I can't seem to find where they are located in any of the game or DCG folders in windows explorer. These are not generated campaigns where you can just delete them in game...I am talking about the actual list of campaigns available for each country that you can choose and then generate missions for.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

I think you are looking for this file path:

Il2 1946 game folder / DGen /

Inside there will be three different text files you need to look for.

Campaigns.dat
planes.dat
squadrons.dat

-The Campaign file has what maps and in what order they are played
-the planes file has what planes are available for what maps
-squadrons folder has what squadrons are available for what campaigns

just make sure you get the correct corresponding 3 files.

OK mate, thanks for that, i will have a look and see what I can find. Much appreciated Smile

Great thread by the way, cheers

after a long break from DCG 'and' IL2... i've gotten the time to play with both programs again. unfortunately MUCH has changed since i put it on pause... at least in respect to what i knew DID work...and now i find is useless.

Sad

fresh install of the game, patched to last official patch... installed UP 2.00... game working like a charm! couldn't ask for better results.

new download of DCG 3.43 (last version on Lo's site)... installed. nothing. simply will not work. tried everything i know or 'used' to know about DCG... still nothing.

downloaded Widowmaker's updated class, and so on files and placed them in the DCG data folder... still nothing.

uninstalled DCG... reinstalled. still nothing. simply NO thirdparty DCG offline campaign will appear for me to select. if i try to select and play one of the stock DCG campaigns... click on the button and nothing happens.

from where i'm setting, it looks like the new DCG simply will not work with UP 2.00...and though i've tried all the old tricks to make it work, i've failed miserably.

question: has ANYBODY gotten the new DCG (or any version) to work with UP 2.00? if so, please give me a blow by blow description of what to do. i've got a Korean War DCG campaign 50 percent done and NO way to test it since i can't get DCG to even list it in the selection screen.

help! :???:

Beowolff Wrote:after a long break from DCG 'and' IL2... i've gotten the time to play with both programs again. unfortunately MUCH has changed since i put it on pause... at least in respect to what i knew DID work...and now i find is useless.

Sad

fresh install of the game, patched to last official patch... installed UP 2.00... game working like a charm! couldn't ask for better results.

new download of DCG 3.43 (last version on Lo's site)... installed. nothing. simply will not work. tried everything i know or 'used' to know about DCG... still nothing.

downloaded Widowmaker's updated class, and so on files and placed them in the DCG data folder... still nothing.

uninstalled DCG... reinstalled. still nothing. simply NO thirdparty DCG offline campaign will appear for me to select. if i try to select and play one of the stock DCG campaigns... click on the button and nothing happens.

from where i'm setting, it looks like the new DCG simply will not work with UP 2.00...and though i've tried all the old tricks to make it work, i've failed miserably.

question: has ANYBODY gotten the new DCG (or any version) to work with UP 2.00? if so, please give me a blow by blow description of what to do. i've got a Korean War DCG campaign 50 percent done and NO way to test it since i can't get DCG to even list it in the selection screen.

help! :???:

We are using DCG with UP.2.0 for multiplayer online campaigns. For example: http://patrulla-azul.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=34

But, we have got a big problem at this point with UP.2.0: http://il2ultrapack.net46.net/index.php ... l#msg13554

UP.2.0 modified the eventlog writing and this is fatal for us, our statistics and campaigns. Although, Hades has said that he could disable this feature through JGSME (read the link). We hope he solve this question in few hours to continue our campaigns.

[quote="Kasper der L

I have ideas and research done. I was planning to do the North Africa campaign but I have done basically no work on it outside of research and focusing my ideas. I am about to graduate college with an Engineering degree ... so that has been a priority. Unfortunately it has also left time for NOTHING ELSE. Either during the summer or after I graduate in December I will work on it more, but until then ... I have nothing near a release. Even then I would release my entire North Africa campaign ... so that would be quite a bit of time.

So if you want to make a campaign, I say go for it. When you run into snags you can either post here or PM me. (PM might be better).

I will do my best to answer any questions you might have.

Scharnhorst1943 Wrote:I have ideas and research done. I was planning to do the North Africa campaign but I have done basically no work on it outside of research and focusing my ideas. I am about to graduate college with an Engineering degree ... so that has been a priority. Unfortunately it has also left time for NOTHING ELSE. Either during the summer or after I graduate in December I will work on it more, but until then ... I have nothing near a release. Even then I would release my entire North Africa campaign ... so that would be quite a bit of time.

So if you want to make a campaign, I say go for it. When you run into snags you can either post here or PM me. (PM might be better).

I will do my best to answer any questions you might have.

Thx for reply. Yes know the feel when one is running out off time - work an so on Im in the same situation here. Anyway I will try to se if I can get something running on the map, but it will take time and think it will not be something historic kind of campaign (no research at all).... i will shout out if i need some help

Thx Scharnhorst1943.

Do i put all ground waypoints in one .mis or do i have to make multiple .mis files like airfield to factory or so?

Fin_ace Wrote:Do i put all ground waypoints in one .mis or do i have to make multiple .mis files like airfield to factory or so?

Hi,
I do not know whether I understand you properly!
At the beginning you can put all waypoints in a .mis file and save it! Then you open the .mis file with the editor and copy the Waypoints in the respective .rds ,.srd or .rls files!

Lonestar Wrote:
Fin_ace Wrote:Do i put all ground waypoints in one .mis or do i have to make multiple .mis files like airfield to factory or so?

Hi,
I do not know whether I understand you properly!
At the beginning you can put all waypoints in a .mis file and save it! Then you open the .mis file with the editor and copy the Waypoints in the respective .rds ,.srd or .rls files!

Yes, ok but i thought that, how i can know what chief is going to somewhere