Mission Mate WIP - Mod Additions. *UPDATE December 11 2009*

Dear crazyschmidt,
I have downloaded your support file to turn your MM into MMPlus but when I try to run the program it fails and says that I need to put an empty file named FBPath.txt into a temp file calledRar$EX00.593. I did this but then it said the same thing but naming file $EX10.0625.
Each time I attempt to run it it says the same but the name of the file is different every time.
Can you please help??
Best regards,
Pike.

sentinel Wrote:Dear crazyschmidt,
I have downloaded your support file to turn your MM into MMPlus but when I try to run the program it fails and says that I need to put an empty file named FBPath.txt into a temp file calledRar$EX00.593. I did this but then it said the same thing but naming file $EX10.0625.
Each time I attempt to run it it says the same but the name of the file is different every time.
Can you please help??
Best regards,
Pike.

Pike, just to make sure we're on the same page, I will list the correct steps here, if you have done something different try this first.

Step 1)
Download the large set-up file first an install it noting the installation location you choose. (If you have an earlier version of MM, install this new version into a different location or remove any previous version first).

Step 2)
Download the new MM program file and use it to replace the program file that was installed with the main set-up in Step 1.

Step 3)
Run the new MM program file, you will be asked to point to the IL-2 program file directory. MM is looking for the IL-2 program file named "il2fb.exe" in the directory location. If the "il2fb.exe" is present MM with run without any further questioning.

NOTE:
MM will most likely not run from a temporary directory as it is most often the directory that your PC has placed the file into directly after the download, therefore the support files that MM needs ("FBPath.txt" for example) will not be in that temporary folder.

The "FBPath.txt" file is where MM stores information about the IL-2 program directories and needs to be in the same directory as the MM program file. The "FBPath.txt" is installed as a blank file with the main set-up program in Step 1 into the folder location you choose on set-up (default location "C:\Program Files\Mission Mate vx.x").

I hope this helps, if you are still having problems let me know, I check in frequently so I will keep an eye open for your response.

Best regards,
CrazySchmidt. Smile

Dear Schmidt,
It's ok I sorted it. I unzipped the contents into the missionmate program and made a shortcut to MM5.0 and it worked.
regards,
sentinel.

sentinel Wrote:Dear Schmidt,
It's ok I sorted it. I unzipped the contents into the missionmate program and made a shortcut to MM5.0 and it worked.
regards,
sentinel.

Cool, glad it worked.

Cheers, CS. Smile

Dear Mr Schmidt
I just finished my Kt_channel map. It can be played with Mission Mate. (I did use pacific Islands AKA net8islands as reference). But it buggers me that Allied side is at South. Is there any possibility that you add my map to MM+. it would be quite easy to change pacific template to work with my Channel map.
Kapteeni!

kapteeni Wrote:Dear Mr Schmidt
I just finished my Kt_channel map. It can be played with Mission Mate. (I did use pacific Islands AKA net8islands as reference). But it buggers me that Allied side is at South. Is there any possibility that you add my map to MM+. it would be quite easy to change pacific template to work with my Channel map.
Kapteeni!

It would be my pleasure to include your map into Mission Mate. Smile

A few questions:
What default aircraft would you like for the British base. Please list 2 x fighter type and 1 x bomber type.
What default aircraft would you like for the German base. Please list 2 x fighter type and 1 x bomber type.
I will use the description "Channel - Kt" for the map list in Mission Mate unless you would like another. If you would like another please let me know so we can discuss it.

Ok I will begin scaling your map into Mission Mate,

Cheers, CrazySchmidt. Smile

To Mr Grazy Schmidt
First i like to thank you for adding my map to MM+.
"Channel - Kt" sounds quite OK as description. And what comes to default planes, here they are:
British Base:

Spitfire1 8)
Hurricane 2b
Bomber
Blenheim 4

German base

ME 109E-4
ME 110 C-4B (If thats no good, then Ju 87B-2)
Bomber
HE 111H-2
I hope that you find my list useful.
Kapteeni

kapteeni Wrote:To Mr Grazy Schmidt
"Channel - Kt" sounds quite OK as description. And what comes to default planes, here they are:
British Base:

Spitfire1 8)
Hurricane 2b
Bomber
Blenheim 4

German base

ME 109E-4
Bomber
HE 111H-2
Kapteeni

Ok thanks for those aircraft choices.

I do think it would be wise to select another variant of the Spit though, simply because it is possible that some users may not have the Spit 1 mod installed and if that is the case the mission won't work correctly which will mean that your map won't be usable for those people with Mission Mate. Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers, CS. Smile

CrazySchmidt Wrote:
kapteeni Wrote:To Mr Grazy Schmidt
British Base:

Spitfire1 8)
Hurricane 2b
Bomber
Blenheim 4

German base

ME 109E-4
Bomber
HE 111H-2
Kapteeni

Ok thanks for those aircraft choices.

I do think it would be wise to select another variant of the Spit though, simply because it is possible that some users may not have the Spit 1 mod installed and if that is the case the mission won't work correctly which will mean that your map won't be usable for those people with Mission Mate. Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers, CS. Smile
I was thinking about that too. Spitfire V is my next choice.
Cheerious Kapteeni

OK this may sound real stupid.. but will one have to have the mods installed to use the mod maps in offline missions using MM?

Of course :wink:

.... still deeply attached to your cherry Bearcat ? .... don't you think its time .... :wink:

cheers
Z

Yes Bearcat, you know you wanna! :twisted:

Crazy is possible to add my Falklands map?

RealDarko Wrote:Crazy is possible to add my Falklands map?

Yes it would be my pleasure Big Grin

So far I have 3 new maps in MM and one is completed. When I have points mapping and scaling added to yours, I think I may release a WIP update.

Cheers, CS. Smile