Object mods - guide to installing DL's by Fisneaky

Download here if you don't have "static.ini" etc.
Default .ini files

If you do you're good to go.
Static .ini should be placed in :-

"#:'46\Mods\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects"

For the .ini files.
If you have installed mods that use them stick with what you have.

Files in this zip are the default ones from the game.
Exception being that "Tractor" and extra columns included in chiefs.ini

For "Object" mods you need "static.ini" installed to one of the paths given above.

If you've not already done so set ".ini" files to open with "Notepad"

With cloned "Object" mods add the lines from "ADDTOstatic.ini" to your "static.ini" in your Mods (or Files) folder.
Hint - Notepads "Find" function is useful to locate a logical place for the new entries

e.g. Cargo Net mod is derived from Object.566 the warehouse from'46
Open the "ADD TO" file
Quote:[buildings.House$46Cargo_Net]
Title 46Cargo_Net
MeshLive 3do/Buildings/46/Cargo_Net/live.sim
MeshDead 3do/Buildings/46/Cargo_Net/dead.sim
AlignToLand 0
Body WoodMiddle
Panzer 0.01

Paste the highlighted (green) path into "Find" and you'll locate the section more easily in the "static.ini" hit "Return" to make a new line.

Once you've got there copy and paste all the ADD TO text.

Now just paste the new "Mods" folder in your Il2 root and check for the new Objects/skins in FMB

And one last thing - Always a good idea to back up these ".ini " files before changing anything.

Thnaks fisneaky, I didn't have the .inis, and i was kind of confused. Now all is good! Grate explenation and thanks ofr the .ini's

Np , thought I'd better post it as I had to root around to find it.

Ok thank's soo much! Now all is good.

But... as last effort can you extract the files.ini from the 4.09 also to obtain also the last objects conatained in it?

Thank's in advance.

150GCT_Italo Wrote:Ok thank's soo much! Now all is good.

But... as last effort can you extract the files.ini from the 4.09 also to obtain also the last objects conatained in it?

Thank's in advance.

Seems you have to discover the object names and path (FMB+ mod helps here) and add them to the SFS extractor filelist.

For the time being I'd like to concentrate on some of the early stuff which needs improving. The Slovakia objects are pretty well done

(had thought about maybe some sexy lingerie on the washing line, or Bill Gates name on a tombstone :lol: )

Step 1
The Skins

HQ template

This template should be good for Photoshop, PSP or Gimp and works with JP02 or US

HQ (Dont know if its a "stereotype thing" but the JP HQ is smaller - as are the JP flags )

Save skin picks (save copy as - skinHi.tga -for example) 24 bit uncopmpressed tga with

alpha channel.

final note on skin names-

.mat file points to skin

SkinHi.mat Wrote:[ClassInfo]
ClassName TMaterial
BasedOn base.mat
[Layer0]
TextureName hq_us.tga
TfTestA 1

So you could save
Skin1024
Skin512
skin256
etc. . . . . skin 32 Gimp is great for re-sizing (scale image)

then simply edit SkinHI, SkinMed and SkinLo .mat files for your preferred resolution

step 2
Find your Static.ini and check that it has a full list for your version (4.08 or 4.09 beta)

Using a 4.08 static.ini in 4.09 will disable all 4.09 objects

Download

default static.ini 4.08m

4.o9 static ini items APPEND

This path is now obsolete
#:"your Game root" \files\com\maddox\il2\objects\static.ini

It is important that there is only 1 static.ini in any of your active Mod folders
This path is agreed as a standard
#:"your Game root" \MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects\static.ini

// ------------ Copy either of these:-

[buildings.House$HQ_JP02]
Title headquarters2_Ja
MeshLive 3do/Buildings/Pacific/HQ_JP02/live.sim
MeshDead 3do/Buildings/Pacific/HQ_JP02/dead.sim
AlignToLand 0
Body RockMiddle
Panzer 0.1

// ------------------------ or

[buildings.House$HQ_US]
Title headquarters_US
MeshLive 3do/Buildings/Pacific/HQ_US/live.sim
MeshDead 3do/Buildings/Pacific/HQ_US/dead.sim
AlignToLand 0
Body RockMiddle
Panzer 0.1

// -------------------------------- Example = Rename

[buildings.House$HQ_FI]
Title headquarters_FI
MeshLive 3do/Buildings/Pacific/HQ_FI/live.sim
MeshDead 3do/Buildings/Pacific/HQ_FI/dead.sim
AlignToLand 0
Body RockMiddle
Panzer 0.1

then save.

Step 3

Copy the objects folder

Go to "G:\'46\Mods\BuildingsTextures\3do\Buildings\Pacific\HQ_US"

Copy the HQ folder and paste in Pacific .

Rename folder from "Copy of HQ_US" to whatever you like ("HQ_FI" in my example)
Note- Spaces arent allowed!!! hence underscores.

Path must be same as in static.ini
If you don't have damage model files Mesh dead can be same as "Parent" file path. This

can be useful for clones in New Folders too

First off, thanks for your work! But i have a small problem. I downloaded and installed the default .ini's plus the static.ini appendix for 4.09. After that i installed the infantry and hangar mod. Now i miss some objects (the 'norway' objects and some others). How can I fix this?

Also, when I make a campaign, will people , who have for exemple installed hangar mod before infantry mod and thus have different object numbers, see the object even with different object numbers?

I hope I explained it well. Smile

Your problem have an another source.

You can install infantery mod, and later hangar mod and playing with someone who have done the opposite. Each object has a specific name which is used in missions and maps files. So, no problem with the order to installation.

If you have lose Norway object, your static.ini is wrong. You erase some lines, or you download a false static.ini. There is no another explication.

Try to find a good static.ini for 4.09, and reinstall mods.

Lal_Rone is right- check your static .ini against the default one.

Winmerge is a good free program that will compare files http://winmerge.org/

S~ All

I am wanting to add some new maps, but I get lost with all the different instructions. STATIC INI, ALL.INI, etc... I cant even find them.

Now I confess, I am an old man, but would really like to get some of these new maps in my IL2 4.09.

Perhaps one of you gents could help me in laymans terms???

Thank you all.

Thanks!!

Fisneaky Wrote:...

As I don't have any "BuildingsTexture-folder in my MODS-folder, should I use the Mod LAL_Hangar folder that was created when I downloaded your Hangar v2 pack?

Quote:Rename folder from "Copy of HQ_US" to whatever you like ("HQ_FI" in my example)
Note- Spaces arent allowed!!! hence underscores.

Can I name my new HQ exactly what I like, or do I need to use one of the nation abbreviations as provided in the game?

Quote: Fisneaky wrote:

As I don't have any "BuildingsTexture-folder in my MODS-folder, should I use the Mod LAL_Hangar folder that was created when I downloaded your Hangar v2 pack?

BuildingsTextures\3do\Buildings\Pacific\HQ_US

Comes from the original Il2 file structure as packed in the .sfs files. BuildingsTextures
was a folder created by the original AAA DL of textures.

If you're authoring some mods probably best to create the folder structure for it within the MODS folder.

eg. "NewMod\3do\Buildings\your collection\your object"

Friendly_flyer Wrote:Can I name my new HQ exactly what I like, or do I need to use one of the nation abbreviations as provided in the game?

Objects (buildings) dont have a nationality per se in game. The abbreviations used are just to identify the model. You could call your HQ "Little_house_on_the_prarie" if you really wanted to. :lol:

So long as the path, folder and other filenames (skins msh etc) are the same as your new entry in static.ini it will work.

If the Mod is shared in a coop for example all players should use the same name convention from the author.

Hm, is there a copy of the HQ folder to be had somewhere? It's not in any of the packs I have downloaded.

Friendly_flyer Wrote:Hm, is there a copy of the HQ folder to be had somewhere? It's not in any of the packs I have downloaded.

Theres an HQ template here http://www.mediafire.com/?sz5dczzjwjf

If you don't have the folders; create as necessary and place your customized skin in it.