[MOD] Kt_East Africa online map 1.1 15.09.10

hi kap glad to hear you!
as I said, no matter if I put this map in the MODS folder or directly in the files/map folder editing the all.ini adding the lines but still I get that message....
do I have to delete, maybe, sandsoftime?

hi kap, thks for answering! ok, maybe I should had better read the readme....
in fact I should put the folder in files/map (I have 1946 up 2.01) renaming it "sandsoftime" as the old map.
just a question: in this last version of UP is maybe already contained your new map renamed?
have a great day,
gianluca

Hello Everybody,

I am new to the Mods community so please bear with me. I recently start playing the "Courage Alone" Campaign which requires this map and after searching a lot (the original link to this from allaircraftarcade provided by the campaign maker is not working anymore) i found it and downloaded it from here.
I installed the map as per the instructions, i can see it in the campaign screen but when it tries to load i get a C2D. After going to the FMB and tried to load it from there i get the following error message:

World.land ().Load Map () error: java.lang. Runtime exception: landscape 'Kt_eastafrica/load.ini' loading error

I am using UP 2.01 so i placed the map in the files folder and i added the line in the All.ini there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HectorD72 Wrote:Hello Everybody,

I am new to the Mods community so please bear with me. I recently start playing the "Courage Alone" Campaign which requires this map and after searching a lot (the original link to this from allaircraftarcade provided by the campaign maker is not working anymore) i found it and downloaded it from here.
I installed the map as per the instructions, i can see it in the campaign screen but when it tries to load i get a C2D. After going to the FMB and tried to load it from there i get the following error message:

World.land ().Load Map () error: java.lang. Runtime exception: landscape 'Kt_eastafrica/load.ini' loading error

I am using UP 2.01 so i placed the map in the files folder and i added the line in the All.ini there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
HMMM! This map should work nicely with UP 2.01.
OK! Try this:
Exctract Kt_eastafrica folder to:\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MAPMODS\Maps.

If you don't have MODS\MAPMODS\Maps folder, you must create it. copy/paste all.ini text file from \IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Files\maps to MODS\MAPMODS\folder.
Add this line to Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MAPMODS\all.ini ( copy/paste):

Kt_eastafrica Kt_eastafrica/load.ini

Then the game engine finds the map, Sounds a bit complicated, but that is the way how it works manually with UP 2.01

Thanks for the reply.

I did as you suggest and i created Mods/Mapmods/maps and i placed the map folder there. Then i copied the all.ini and paste it inside mods/mapmods and added the line in it.
The result was that now it doesn't show the map, in the list of maps inside the FMB. I moved the all.ini from mods/mapmods and placed it inside mods/mapmods/maps.
When i went in the FMB again now it shows again the map but when i try to load it i am getting again the same message as before.

I don't know what to do.????????

I wanted to ask you something. In the readme txt you mention a folder kt_eastafrica to be found inside the downloaded file. When i download the file from the link you provide it was a Kt-eastafrica.rar and inside it had a bunch of files for the map. No folder was there so i create it with this name and i placed everything there. Is there something that might be missing or maybe i shouldn't create the folder?

Once again thank you for your time.

HectorD72 Wrote:Thanks for the reply.

I did as you suggest and i created Mods/Mapmods/maps and i placed the map folder there. Then i copied the all.ini and paste it inside mods/mapmods and added the line in it.
The result was that now it doesn't show the map, in the list of maps inside the FMB. I moved the all.ini from mods/mapmods and placed it inside mods/mapmods/maps.
When i went in the FMB again now it shows again the map but when i try to load it i am getting again the same message as before.

I don't know what to do.????????

I wanted to ask you something. In the readme txt you mention a folder kt_eastafrica to be found inside the downloaded file. When i download the file from the link you provide it was a Kt-eastafrica.rar and inside it had a bunch of files for the map. No folder was there so i create it with this name and i placed everything there. Is there something that might be missing or maybe i shouldn't create the folder?

Once again thank you for your time.
My mistake: The all.ini file can be found at:IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MapMods\maps,
And the folder of my map should be named Kt_eastafrica, not Kt-eastafrica. If i mistakenly have renamed it wrongly, please correct it.
Installing map manually for first time can be difficult, but when you have learned it, it will make your life easier with upcoming maps.
SO:
exctract the rar file to temperary folder. Copy/paste it to:
IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MapMods\maps
Then you should see Kt_eastafrica folder there. If it is written like Kt-eastafrica, reaname it.
Then open all.ini text file with notepad and copy/paste these lines in to it:
Kt_eastafrica Kt_eastafrica/load.ini
That should do it.
Cheers kap

Hi again,

I did everything from the start as you said. This time when i extract the rar a folder with the name Kt_eastafrica came. I placed this accordingly and i paste the line in the all.ini in the mods/mapmods/maps.

Still no joy. The same message as before. I can't figure out why.

By the way the folder was named correct even before. I just mistype in my previous post.

Thank you for you help anyway.

Hello again KT,

I was still troubling about this map not loading and i think i found something. I don't know if this is causing the problem since i am not an expert on this things but going through the load.ini of this map i found out that there are 2 tga files missing from the map, namely SmallMap = map_M.tga and ReflMap = map_R.tga. These tga files are not inside the folder of the map that i downloaded and installed.

Could this be the reason for not loading and if so where i could find the missing files?

Thanks

HectorD72 Wrote:Hello again KT,

I was still troubling about this map not loading and i think i found something. I don't know if this is causing the problem since i am not an expert on this things but going through the load.ini of this map i found out that there are 2 tga files missing from the map, namely SmallMap = map_M.tga and ReflMap = map_R.tga. These tga files are not inside the folder of the map that i downloaded and installed.

Could this be the reason for not loading and if so where i could find the missing files?

Thanks
I will look at my HD and send the map to you, if ya PM your emailadress
kap

I got the file and it finally WORKED!!!!!

Thanks a lot Kap!!!

You are a life saver

I downloaded and checked the map out. There was an error at load.ini file. I have posted a new version of map. It can be found @ first post.
And here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?i0n7unvj8t2chf2

Sorry about this.... :oops:
kap

HectorD72 Wrote:I got the file and it finally WORKED!!!!!

Thanks a lot Kap!!!

You are a life saver
Big Grin
kap