[MOD] Ardennes Winter New - V3 Released

I cannot get this to load at all....the log file complains that there is no map_T, and no ed_m01...and complains about the tab_wload.ini

edited by fly_zo : please exclude pics from quotations in the future .... there is also post reply button

GREAT WORK! But.....
When he will be available 4.08m to a version?

Why? 4.09 will eclipse 4.08 very soon anyway...

Sorry, no plans for any other versions. 4.09 offers too many improvements for certain objects.

RAF_Magpie Wrote:Why? 4.09 will eclipse 4.08 very soon anyway...

I do not understand this! Sad

P.S:
With these manners the 4.09 versions the 4.08m knocked it out!

If I understand your question, the map contains Slovakia objects, only contained in 4_09.

Just download 4.09! You're missing out on loads!

Ya I would agree. The improvement on some stuff is so great there is just no reason to stay with 4.08. Its fully mod compatible so why not change over?

tab_flettner I seem to have the frozen river problem. Shall I reistall the map or is it fixable via some other way?

Meta check pm please

Running this in "Excellent" mode, which is what my machine can handle", the rivers still appear to
be somewhat frozen. Guess the map was designed for "Perfect" mode. However she's a real beauty. Too bad we had to wait all these years for somethng like this. But sure worth the wait! Thanks fabian for all your hard work and thanks for sharing with the rest of us. Keep up the good work.

OK, I can confirm this is correct - I just tested it -

the map must be run in perfect mode!

I will amend the initial post accordingly.

Fab Tlettner

duffys tavern Wrote:Running this in "Excellent" mode, which is what my machine can handle", the rivers still appear to
be somewhat frozen. Guess the map was designed for "Perfect" mode. However she's a real beauty. Too bad we had to wait all these years for somethng like this. But sure worth the wait! Thanks fabian for all your hard work and thanks for sharing with the rest of us. Keep up the good work.

well, you can get normal rivers but there is a downside ....

navigate to tab_wload.ini and change under CAMOUFLAGE : WINTER .... to SUMMER

MODS\MAPMODS\maps\ardennes\tab_wload.ini

you'll have normal rivers

now, down side is that default textures game uses for vehicles and planes will be summer ones

cheers
Z

At last a realistic looking European winter map. Fantastic job tab!!!!!

Pity about the Camoflage problem but it's definitely better to do what Fly_zo suggests so that you get moving water. Perhaps someday this will be solved to get both realistic water and winter camo for units.

Anyway, I love it. Many thanks Smile

V3 files released, water now responds correctly when bombed, etc. Option for running in "Excellent Mode" provided. Please see initial post.