[DOWNLOAD] IL2Swapper... (switching tool)

UPDATED 2008-05-04 -> Version 1.1.0.0 released...

Hi!

I just started using the modded version of IL2 and I realized that I needed a tool for switching beteween "Modded", 4.09 and 4.08. Therefore I wrote a small app that makes this easy (there are probably others that does this already)...

Overview:

IL2Swapper is a small utility to easily switch between different versions of IL2 (Original 4.08, Original 4.09, Mod 408, Mod 409).

The application can be configured for different needs. If you only want to switch between Orginal and Mod, two original versions and one mod etc...

An important note is that the application is based on using two "copies" of IL2 if you want to swap between original and mod configuration.
One for the original and one for "modded". To be able so switch between "sub versions" for each copy you create a different directory
with the files needed (files.SFS and some others).

When switching between "modded" and "original" it simply changes the names of the directories (adding " ORIGINAL"
after the orginal dir when running "modded".

When switching between 4.08 and 4.09 it simply copies the files
in the sub directories with version specific files to the current base directory overwriting the old files...

You can then use it to launch Hyperlobby, Xfire or start an offline session...

Download from the link below (it's written in C# VS2005 so you need .NET Framework 2.0):

http://web.telia.com/~u55702101/IL2Swapper/index.html

IMPORTANT NOTE! - This is just the switcher application (36kb zip). I does not contain the version files needed to switch between different versions if you want to do that (see the readme.txt in the zip for more information!). There is an excellent package (IL2_Mod_Switcher_4_08m_to_4_09bm.exe ) with the version specific files needed here:

(The link is inoperative) (thanks RAF_Magpie for the info!)

Screenshot:

[Image: IL2Swapper11.jpg]

Regards /Mazex

Amazing work Maze Wink Nice and simple. Is it possible to encorporate a Modded 4.08 & Modded 4.09 as options?

So you have

IL2 Original 4.08

IL2 Modded 4.08

IL2 Original 4.09

IL2 Modded 4.09

I like the layout of this - nice and clean. As another consideration, perhaps encorporating Xfire launch path as well maybe?

Other than that nicely done Maze. Cheers for your work.

RAF_Magpie Wrote:Amazing work Maze Wink Nice and simple. Is it possible to encorporate a Modded 4.08 & Modded 4.09 as options?

Thanks!

I'm only running the config above myself, that's why they are the only alternatives Wink

I've already added the Xfire button (which was naturally only 5mins of work). Regarding modded 4.08 and 4.09 I need something to identify the configurations with (as I want some sanity checks etc and not keeping track of which configuration is currently used by saving "state"). For the current program I use the exact file size of the "files.SFS" to ID the two original configurations - and for the "Mod" alternative I check if there is a directory called "IL2 dir" + " ORIGINAL" present (then the user has switched so that the "IL2 Mod dir" is now the "IL2 base dir" etc). I then check the exact filesize of the il2fb.exe to be sure it's the modded exe before allowing a "switch"(and knowing which button to disable and add the text "current configuration"... The method "IdentifyCurrentConfig" is called in many places - before and after switching, after the TextChanged event on the config boxes etc...

I don't know what to check for to ID "mod 4.09" or "mod 4.08" - are the files.SFS different and constant (if you understand what I mean?). Posting a beta screenshot below of how I thought the GUI (ignore the buttons for switching IL2 configurations for now - my thought is that two "mod buttons" will be added dynamically (and the single mod button will be removed) if you check the "Use alternative mod configurations" checkbox etc...

Beta screenshot:

[Image: IL2SwapperBeta11.jpg]

What do you think? Another question - what has to be copied to the base dir to switch between modded 4.08 and 4.09 - files.SFS + il2fb.exe?

/Mazex

To be blatently honest - I dont know. I know with the AAA switcher system, it was 4 different "installers" which changed some data - I believe it might have been simply the .exe, but I might be wrong... Have a look at the AAA switcher, you might be able to encorporate it into yours which would make life easier for everyone...

Have a look here mate,

(The link is inoperative)

RAF_Magpie Wrote:To be blatently honest - I dont know. I know with the AAA switcher system, it was 4 different "installers" which changed some data - I believe it might have been simply the .exe, but I might be wrong... Have a look at the AAA switcher, you might be able to encorporate it into yours which would make life easier for everyone...

Have a look here mate,

(The link is inoperative)

Thanks for that advice! New version out now based on your sugestions (updated the top post).

Regards /Mazex

Sweet Maze - using it now. A very nice wee tool mate, very nice Smile

very nice mate!