[Map] dlv_Sinai

Plus lots of What Iffs scenarios between the US and the USSR fighting to controle this strategic pass for Oil exports...

Oh, and I have changed its status in 'the list' - sorry, forgot about that for a couple of days :oops:

Baco, the WhatIffs are rather mind twisting arent they :mrgreen:

Absolutelly, but I love em , I don

ok, this starts to lean off topic here .... something for missions/campaigns discussions section perhaps

not biggie though ...

cheers
Z

Hello,

GREAT WORK! But.....
When he will be available 4.08m to a version?

Hey struwwelpeter. For dlv_Sinai to show in QMB map menu you need to add a line in the conf.ini file under [quick].

Custom"next available number"=dlv_Sinai

for me it was

Custom8=dlv_Sinai

It now shows up in my QMB map menu.

I cannot get it to work on mine. I get a "corrupt data error" when I try to load the map in the QMB. I have used both the AAA installer version and the FileFront zip version with same results. I have the AAA map pack 1.2 and VP default mapmod installed and working.

I'm sorry but I started a new job yesterday. So now I must keep all my time for this and have no time for anything else...

I read some messages from guys who can't load the map in FMB or save a mission...
but really I don't know why.

Maybe later in the week I'll have some time to think about that...

Thank you

Nice one Delvpier,

I felt like Indiana Jones, buzzing around in my little Storch. It made for an interesting ride. Good work mate. :!:

Any idea why at high altitudes I get these brown edges?

Does it have something to do with the visibility distance?

[Image: Egypt.jpg]

Nice map, interesting Smile

But couldn't you add some nice looking beaches with this "light-turquoise" water (you know, like in Pacific islands)? Because sea shores in your map look rather 'heavy'... I think such an improvement would make flying this map much more pleasent-for-eye experience Smile

So is your version good to go vp media?

I trust you blindly on this one. Smile

Just overwrite the original?

ok .... this is not good gents

please .... post your "modded"- mods links or discussions in WIP thread ( after contacting original author )

and vpmedia .... please upload your skins at AAA and post links in proper sections

i'm cleaning this now !

thank you
Z

Elvenking Wrote:Nice map, interesting Smile

But couldn't you add some nice looking beaches with this "light-turquoise" water (you know, like in Pacific islands)? Because sea shores in your map look rather 'heavy'... I think such an improvement would make flying this map much more pleasent-for-eye experience Smile

For those who want to have such color for water near beaches, you have only to edit load.in in notepad and replace :

Water2 = water/MTO_Coastline_Fields.tga,2

by

Water2 = water/CoralCoastLine.tga, -2

Maybe you're right, it's better...

For other improvements... well, you know, it could be always better and better and you could make a lot of changes without end... and release it in ten years !

I think, one day, you have to stop and share your work with others... who appreciate... or not...
At least, I made one map by myself... Thanks to all those who appreciate.

Wonderful! SINA

Great looking map! I unfortunately am having the corrupt data file issue when trying to use it in QMB. Has anyone figured out what to do in this case? Thanks!