[Map] dlv_Sinai

good job.

tnx :wink:

Where do I put the textures? My folder structure is:

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\1 Basic\maps

Not :

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MAPMODS\maps\

So where do I put the texture file? I ask because I dont see any other texture folders in the maps folder... is that because they use standard textures and this map uses different ones?

Do I just drop it into the same folder as the maps?

Also per readme:

Quote:1/ Extract dlv_Sinai.zip to C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MAPMODS\maps

2/ Extract dlv_Sinai_Tex_1.zip + dlv_Sinai_Tex_2.zip to C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MAPMODS\maps\_Tex\Land\summer

I only had one Tex file... _Tex\land\summer\dv_Sinai and there were 7 files in that folder.

~S~All,

In the load.ini file the AirField0=, AirField1=, Airfield2=, etc. do not show .tga files to load.

What should be loaded in each AirField ?

( The ItalyAfricaGreece load.ini shows .tga files for each AirField and it works. Sinai does not have the entries and does not work......I am guessing ?????)

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Ken

Kafco Wrote:~S~All,

In the load.ini file the AirField0=, AirField1=, Airfield2=, etc. do not show .tga files to load.

What should be loaded in each AirField ?

( The ItalyAfricaGreece load.ini shows .tga files for each AirField and it works. Sinai does not have the entries and does not work......I am guessing ?????)

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Ken

The map designer decided that the airfields doesnt need a separate texture, so lowland0 is used everywhere (which is realistic imo) but this doesnt influences the functioning of the map.

Thanks for the map. I have a small problem and would like your help. I can make a coop and a dogfight mission just fine no problem. when I load either one to play I can't see the airbases, Which is no real problem on the coops, but since I can't see the airbases I can't select a home base in the dogfight map. When I'm in a coop and open the map it displays the map with the airbases, Any suggestions to get the airbases to show up on the dog room so I can select a homebase?
Thanks

Metatron Wrote:Any idea why at high altitudes I get these brown edges?

Does it have something to do with the visibility distance?

Yes I get that problem too. Its horrible to look at. Something less garish also happens in fly's desert crimea. The horizon is always green and it looks like you're flying over a sandpit. I did mess around with the textures to try get a result but I'm still stuck with those brown edges on the Sinai map.

It might have something to do with the video drivers though - I used to see something similar on the dx version of Red Baron way back.

you must run your game in perfect graphics mode, otherwise you're looking at the map_F.tga which is full brown in this case. It would require the color of dlv_Sinai_v1.tga instead...

claytong3 Wrote:Thanks for the map. I have a small problem and would like your help. I can make a coop and a dogfight mission just fine no problem. when I load either one to play I can't see the airbases, Which is no real problem on the coops, but since I can't see the airbases I can't select a home base in the dogfight map. When I'm in a coop and open the map it displays the map with the airbases, Any suggestions to get the airbases to show up on the dog room so I can select a homebase?
Thanks

Help!!!!

First of all Excellent job mate thx very much for this map. Second, I have the same problem with Dogfight map. I spent like 3 hours creating a nice dog scenario and when I tried to play it HOME BASES won

an invisible runway will do the job imho, select a visible first and allign it with the original

Thx a lot mate, thx very much. It works, the only issue is that I get Airstarts, no clue why(i made sure that take off option was ON)...but anyway, not a big thing, the most important is solved. Thx again. Cheers!

S!

Having traveled across the Sinai, the area around St. Catherine's is far more mountainous. Jebel Musa, the mountain near the monastery rises from 5150 feet (1570 meters) to 7498 feet in elevation (2286 m).
Great map otherwise, thanks!

psychobob Wrote:Having traveled across the Sinai, the area around St. Catherine's is far more mountainous. Jebel Musa, the mountain near the monastery rises from 5150 feet (1570 meters) to 7498 feet in elevation (2286 m).
Great map otherwise, thanks!

One of the problem when making map... when resizing map, you have to lower heights in order to keep a reasonable ratio between distances and heights... but in game plane does not know... :wink:

Can YOU navigate through the Suez Canal?
I could not do it

yanito Wrote:Can YOU navigate through the Suez Canal?
I could not do it

Only some parts...

Maybe I could find a way by adding ed_map_t but I'm not sure... Fabianred talked about that subject (ed_map_t and ability for ships to navigate nearer the coast)... but I have to try

My first thought was there was not enough size of water between sides of canal to make it navigable for ships on all his length...

We will see...

[Image: 27092008165121be3.jpg]

[Image: 22112008101200of4.th.jpg][Image: 2211200893226er2.th.jpg][Image: 2211200892605of8.th.jpg][Image: 3110200832047cd0.th.jpg][Image: 08112008174452br1.th.jpg]
[Image: 2111200822706bv4.jpg]
[Image: aerodromotk0.th.jpg][Image: 21102008210838zj5.th.jpg][Image: 2310200830303xy9.th.jpg][Image: 25102008131826uz3.th.jpg][Image: aaal28ad3.th.jpg]
[Image: 13112008200224ze6.jpg]