NEEDS LINK- CRIMEA Multi-Season MAP PACK

Hi !!

Ok, I will solve the problem in a few days (monday).

THX for bug report !!

Initially when I loaded this I had the above problem...

The solution I found was to rename the folder in the maps folder from LAL_Crimea to just Crimea.

You then have to change your ALL.ini to the same:-

eg:-

LAL_Crim2_autumn LAL_Crimea/LAL_crimeaautumn.ini
TO->
LAL_Crim2_autumn Crimea/LAL_crimeaautumn.ini

Now the buildings show up. (because they are in the default Crimea folder, they are now referencing il2's default actors static as there isn't one !)

p.s Thanks LAL_RONE Lovely map textures that bring NEW life to the Crimea :-)

Charlie Chap Wrote:Initially when I loaded this I had the above problem...

The solution I found was to rename the folder in the maps folder from LAL_Crimea to just Crimea.
I think, that it not the best decision :roll: LAL's pack contain files (map_c.tga, map_h.tga), which are not identical to files from an original map of Crimea. If you rename LAL_Crimea to Crimea, then ALL maps of Crimea (and moded, and default) will use these files ... i think :wink:

There are only two types of aircraft - fighters and targets 8)

[Image: deSAD.jpg]

Yes, but my Crimea actors.static is the same as Oleg one.

..what is going on ? i've sent you PM with updated version days ago ....

regards
Z

Thank you very much

Thank you very much the map is very good Smile

but i have problem!
i dont see any airport!
Sad

My CRIMEA MAP PACK is old now !! I will redo the 4 maps.

I began by CRIMEA AUTUMN.

So I try to upgrade it with new rock textures from Phasmid (brillant work !!) and 4.09. I have modified them. And I make a 100% new forest texture only for autumn.

1st screenshot :

[Image: crimeaaut2ie1.jpg]

[Image: crimeaaut3yl4.jpg]

You should be working for Oleg mate :wink:

I think those are my rock textures. Thats ok. They look good.
Big Grin

SORRY !!
YES, it is not Handy texture rock, but yours ...

SORRY AGAIN !!! I edit my previous post.

I have modified your texture to have a better compatibility with the other texture I put in CRIMEA.

THANSK

Beautiful landscape, the "touchup" looks really awesome!

LAL_RONE,
many thanks for your Crimea work from Crimean guy (was born there).
a pity I will not use your new maps - 4.09 worsen performance of my old system. OK, until upgrade then...
I attach this picture below, just to demonstrate how real-life Crimean rocks and forests look like.
and few more here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30168817@N06/?saved=1
... and can you paint the sky and the sea same color like on the picture? :wink: cheers.

I should explain the mountain texture here.
Im afraid you will not have rock slide or talus slope as seen here in photo.
The mountain textures used are "tiles". As the name suggests it is one image tiled across the sim landscape end for end. I have edited the tile so that you will not see where the tile ends or begins. Sort of a photo loop.
What that means is that any object in the image has to work in any direction. The object will look like it is going up the slope on one side of the mountain then will appear again on another mountain going down the slope. A pile of rock may appear at the base of one mountain but will be half way up another mountain. So all objects in the tile have to be randomly spread though out it and in all directions to look natural. The cracks will appear up/down on one mountain and sideways on another. Its the nature of the beast folks sorry.
I am experimenting with technique and new photos I find. If you have a good photo from your area (even lighting, good contrast, depth, large 1024 pixels or more, rocks -no guy hangin 10 in the center) then post a link to the photo in my mountain texture discussion and I will try it.

These are great maps LAL and a welcome improvement to the Crimea. I wish I could do better for you. Big Grin Just thought I should explain.

THX PHASMID for the explaination.

I continue my relooking :

Kherson :

[Image: kherso11.jpg]

[Image: kherso12.jpg]

[Image: kherso13.jpg]

[Image: kherso14.jpg]