[MOD] NORMANDY MAP 1944 (D Day + 3 weeks)

LAL_Rone - thanks for this excellent map! I have already used it for one of my campaigns. You really are doing stunning work for the community.

I would just like to report a small error - at location 50000,72000 (30km East of Bayeaux) there is a problem where a rail bridge has been used instead of a road one. The screen shot is below:

[Image: Error1.jpg]

Thanks for all your efforts!

Eeehhhh....that should be 30km WEST of Bayeaux :roll:

Just found your campaign at M4T. Big Grin

Must say though, the anticipation of this was dampened by the sheer tonnage of static objects you put into it. Cry Even with a quad core, 8800Gtx and 2gb I was in single frames when flying along the coast. Even missions that take you in the opposite direction, you opted to leave all these objects in. It's a credit to your talents as a campaign builder though that I spent a couple of hours in FMB thinning out the scores of smoke objects and other objects from the first five missions, just to be able to play it in. I must admit, I'm pretty keen. :wink:

Bee - I dunno, because it plays all right on my setup, and mine is less powerful than yours. I kept the action quite low for those first five missions, to counter the amount of static objects - I wanted to give a real sense of the post-D-Day build up.

As the campaign progresses I remove a lot of those objects (esp. Smoke=4, which I think is the real culprit for jamming up cycle times) and progressively increase the amount of action. Hopefully you should find it increasingly intense.....

Ho my Normandy, thank you very much

LAL did u remove the 1943 map? just find 1 load.ini file in the LALnormandy2 map folder .

best regards.

Ok, i added "LAL_Normandie-44 LALnormandy2/LAL_load2.ini " to "all.ini"

But now, when i load up the map, some 2DMAP error thingy.

How i can solve this?..

btw i got 4.09b

LAL_RONE Wrote:You have to add this line in your ALL.INI :
LAL_Normandie-44 LALnormandy2/LAL_load2.ini

I forgot to tell that you must have 4.09b.

Where can I find this file(folder)?

I have 409b1m, can it be used?

Thanks

V4.09b1m is what you need to have actually.

You can find the All.ini in your MODS/MAPMODS/MAPS folder. If it's the first map you download I would advice you to back up the original All.ini just in case you mess up something.

Thanks for the reply.

After following the step to install and insert the sentence,

still have the same error as before.

Would it be I have pork my patching?

Must I patch up all the maps?(which are the one needed)

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you

I am using your map for a very busy online server, and need to get the maximum number of spawn points in use at the airfields I've included in the scenario. I didnt completely understand what those 'off field' airfield markers were for, but I discovered that if I put a Home Base on one, the players spawn on the airfield in next to the taxiway.

To get the maximum number of player spawns on each airfield, should I :

a) put a Home Base on one of the off-field markers?
b) put a Home Base on one of the on-field markers (like we normally would)?
c) put a Home Base on them all?
..what do I need to do to get ALL the spawn points available?

Hello,

I dream if having a 6th June 1944 Normandy Map (and mission) with exact location of German artiellry on Word beach and Omaha Beach, exact military locations of troops and other weapons and also exact movements and positions of US and allied troops.
The human player would be eiother flying a desperate BF-109 trying to strafe on the beaches or a US bomber...

mavyalex Wrote:Hello,

I dream if having a 6th June 1944 Normandy Map (and mission) with exact location of German artiellry on Word beach and Omaha Beach, exact military locations of troops and other weapons and also exact movements and positions of US and allied troops.
The human player would be eiother flying a desperate BF-109 trying to strafe on the beaches or a US bomber...

Well, off you go then. Load it into FMB and make the mission.

And it's 'Sword Beach'. Not 'Word Beach', which would be a rubbish code-name for a beach Wink

I cannot find an LAL_Normandy 1943 map. All I have is LAL_Normandy 1 and 2 is this what it is supposed to be or is there another?
The other thread with the new normandy map also states this and lists a lot of things to be deleted also which I cannot find in my install, any clarification would be appreciated. :?