Carrier Takeoff Mod 5.3.3 (updated 7/23/2009)

*****Version 5.3.3 Update*****

This version is compatible with the official 4.09 release.

Version 5.3.3 fixes a bug that sometimes caused aircraft to spawn at the wrong base in Dogfight servers. See the list of changes below to see what else is new in this version.

To fix the wrong-base spawn problem, I had to make some significant changes in aircraft layout on most carriers between versions 5.2 and 5.3. So, for flying in co-ops everyone should move to the new version. Otherwise you'll have planes spawning on top of other planes on deck in co-op missions.

You'll notice that sometimes the aircraft may not all spawn in perfect rows, depending on which carrier and which aircraft. That's a side-effect of fixing the spawn problem, but in some ways I think it actually may look a little more realistic. Another unfortunate side-effect, is that the number of aircraft that can spawn on a CVE is quite a bit less than it was. Other carriers aren't affected nearly as much.

This mod changes the way aircraft line-up for takeoff on the deck of an aircraft carrier, allowing more aircraft to fit on deck. It also allows players and AI to use the catapult for takeoff on carriers that are equipped with catapults.

IMPORTANT: This version merges the Carrier Catapult mod in with the Carrier Takeoff mod. You need to disable any earlier versions of both mods.

Changes in version 5:

- Carrier Catapult mod is merged into this mod.
- AI can now use the catapult.
- Changed the way AI move into position for takeoff.
- Fixed the problems with AI takeoff in 2x/4x/8x game speeds.
- Slight changes to the placement of aircraft on some carriers.
- Fixed catapult to work on both short and standard decks of CVL's.
- F9F Panther starts with folded wings.
- Fixed bug that sometimes caused aircraft to spawn at wrong base in Dogfight servers. (NEW IN 5.3.3)
- Added NoNavLightsAI option, to keep AI from turning on their nav lights at night. (NEW IN 5.3.3)
- Added FastLaunchAI option, so AI can move to catapult with wings already unfolded, to speed up launch a little. (NEW IN 5.3.3)
- Added option for game host to put AI-related catapult parameters in conf.ini instead of mission file, so they don't have to be added to every mission. (NEW IN 5.3.3)
- Swordfish starts with folded wings. (NEW IN 5.3.3)

Download it here: Carrier_Takeoff_5_3_3.rar

README file is here: README

INSTALLATION: Inside the rar file is a folder named 'Carrier_Takeoff_5_3_3'. Copy or extract this folder to the MODS folder in your IL-2 game folder. Delete or disable any earlier versions of the CarrierTakeoff and CarrierCatapult mods.

[Image: CTO_5_3_3_picture_1.JPG]

Nice fireball!. I

EXELENT I LOVE YOU MAN!

great news!

gotta download it ASAP!

Will this affect existing missions/campaigns as well or is it something one needs to enable in a scenario?

Radoye Wrote:Will this affect existing missions/campaigns as well or is it something one needs to enable in a scenario?

Mission/campaign are scripted files, so the number of planes you''l found are always as before this _GREAT- mod.Thank you FireballSmile!

first of all exelent mod Big Grin

one bug number 4 AC when try to take off hits the ship bridge and explode.

Potenz

Potenz Wrote:one bug number 4 AC when try to take off hits the ship bridge and explode.

Can you tell me which planes and which ship this happens on?

is the number four on the formation from left to right, and is when you take off from saratoga.

plane is the f6f

Potenz

I've been looking forward to this since seeing the youtube video Big Grin

Same problem here on the Intrepid. They just kept falling odd after the fisrt 3

OOOOOOh, nice, 8) cant wait too give it a go. Thanks so much for your excellent mods Fireball. Cheers Wingflyr. Big Grin

Tnx the mod is greit!!!

I started mission with 16 Hellcats taking from Intrepid off. Only 6 survived take-off, lol

I tried it on a CVL with the FM2 and Illustrious with seafires and essex with SBD and F4U..

but everytime the planes release their chocks and swivel to the right...then just crash or go over the side on take-off

none of them work like they did in your video Cry