Carrier Takeoff Mod 5.3.3 (updated 7/23/2009)

Fireball, thanks for your hard work. Lookin' forward to the final product!

Update info, I just ran same mission i posted about earlier, but I tried as you said and set all 1st waypoints of planes straight out with the carriers direction, and all 28 Corsairs and all 28 Hellcats took off with no problems, and the carriers were headed west. Looking forward to final version when its done, Keep up great work!

For me, setting waypoints stright ahead only helps heading East. Still have problems of varing degrees in any other direction. Lookin' forward to final version.

I just uploaded a new beta (b3). Maybe this version will go better than the earlier one did.Smile

viewtopic.php?t=6120

I'm sure there will be some things that aren't right, certain aircraft/ship combinations, but hopefully you won't have the major problems with the AI careening all over the deck.

With this version you shouldn't have to worry about lining up waypoints.

Thanks to everyone who tried the first version (disaster that it was). Thanks especially to fabianfred for the detailed experiments. And to Razor and the Air Group 51 squad for testing out how it worked in multiplayer.

So anyway...if the first version didn't scare you off, would appreciate you trying this one out and let me know how it works!

Fireball

Not a disaster, just a learning experince. Thank you very much.

Deckload of F4Us & TBMs, Essex T/O to west. No problem.

Thank you so much, FB. The other version was a great stride and no disaster by any means M8. Thats whats great about trial and error were always learning, without your, and/or others attempts at these mods we would not have what is been developed as we speak. Thanks again FB. Big Grin Big Grin

Just been tetsing this brill mod.

14 A6M5's off the Akagi heading west, no problem.

Same number of Seafire's, plus a few Kate's & Val's, same carrier, same heading, a few planes went off the side right at the start & a spit rolled forward a little too far to the left & ran into the super-structure on it's take-off run.

With CVE FM2s line up five abreast. One in the middle didn't pull up quite enough while extending wings, clipped the one on the right, wiped him out. Everyone else T/O ok.

THE PROBLEMS STAY"S> (cap;s lock sorry)

F4f Carrier generic. Head 90 They all they the proper path but noine unfold there wing's before they take off the run way, They just go as if they had fixed wing's.

Huh, let me see.

working great so far...haven't tried all combinations of ship/planes/directions though Big Grin

IJN Carrier: B5N noses over on deck and explodes. B6N & Zekes, ok.

16 Hellcats from Intrepid, heading north. 15 OK, 1 crashed (no.2 unfolding wings without position changing and no.3 explode). (Almost in each WWII carrier take-off was at least 1 crash, well i think it's OK)

Hello,

Seafire explode on the side of the deck with the british carrier