[MOD] HANGAR MOD

They look very nice LAL_Rone but, beside the fact I don't seem to see the new objects Big Grin, I want to ask you... why not just reskin the old ones? this way they would be automatically inserted in the old missions/maps.

Sorry if my question would look... stupid Smile .

zaelu Wrote:They look very nice LAL_Rone but, beside the fact I don't seem to see the new objects Big Grin, I want to ask you... why not just reskin the old ones? this way they would be automatically inserted in the old missions/maps.

Sorry if my question would look... stupid Smile .

+1

In fact, I'm less interested in new objects which aren't present in default/known campaigns and missions (not edited through FMB).

Regards.

Just reskinning existing objects limits the variety and freedom. LAL_Rone - don't stop skinning new objects Big Grin

zaelu and Wilhelm : Just make some new missions and use the objects in them Smile Or, copy the new textures into the correct folder for the original object and it will replace it.

One moment of thought would have given you the easy answer:

ALL present hangars are used for ALL nations. So reskinning a hangar to represent a Luftwaffe one would change ALL hangars of that type to be a Luftwaffe one, which in turn, would look very odd at a VVS or USAAF/RAF airfield.

Besides that, most of his hangars are buildings that were originally no hangars, but regular industrial buildings.

Ok, seems I'm not the only one with this problem, but I've installed the hangars according to the installation guide and I still do not see the new hangars in the Objects list in FMB.

did you put it to the static.ini in the folder static.ini in your MODS folder?

Zorin Wrote:One moment of thought would have given you the easy answer:

ALL present hangars are used for ALL nations. So reskinning a hangar to represent a Luftwaffe one would change ALL hangars of that type to be a Luftwaffe one, which in turn, would look very odd at a VVS or USAAF/RAF airfield.

Besides that, most of his hangars are buildings that were originally no hangars, but regular industrial buildings.

Absolutely !!!

These hangars are new objects, because why erase Oleg skin ?
I want to have more choice in hangar, not substitute the old ones.
Som object are not hangar at first !

The old hangars are good, keep them ! Then, add new hangars .... no ?

My static.ini is in " MODS\com\maddox\il2\objects\ " which is the location specified by the installation instructions sticky.

Is this the wrong place for it?

Oh, and Zorin, you may remember me from the Graf Zeppelin campaign. I was helping you guys with that until my activity in Il-2 pretty much stopped.

Spartan10590 Wrote:My static.ini is in " MODS\com\maddox\il2\objects\ " which is the location specified by the installation instructions sticky.

Is this the wrong place for it?

Oh, and Zorin, you may remember me from the Graf Zeppelin campaign. I was helping you guys with that until my activity in Il-2 pretty much stopped.

Oh, Sparty? Sure, I remember you. Smile

Well, I put it in the static.ini folder's static.ini and it works for me. But id you don't have that folder in the first place, there msut be some other problem.

Tried searching for static.ini? Maybe you have more than one which conflict with each other?

Spartan10590 Wrote:My static.ini is in " MODS\com\maddox\il2\objects\

It's the right place for your static.ini.

Open it with wordpad and add the lines in the static.ini file (at the end of file) included in read me text.

Ok, I have 4 static.ini files Confusedhock:

They are:

MODS\com\maddox\il2\objects\static.ini - I created this one, I will delete it.
MODS\DAMAGEMOD2\com\maddox\il2\-static.ini - This one is disabled, it shouldn't be a problem.
MODS\DAMAGEMOD2\com\maddox\il2\static.ini
MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects\static.ini

So, which of the last two should I be using? Should I merge both of them?

And, ya, that's me Zorin Big Grin

Merge them all into the STD entry.

Do you have winmerge? http://winmerge.org/ Makes combining static.ini files really easy Smile

canonuk, I do now :wink:

Thanks, will do. I'll let you know how it works.

It works! Big Grin

Thanks for the help guys 8)

Spartan10590 Wrote:It works! Big Grin

Thanks for the help guys 8)

Your welcome Smile